1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2 OU] Pokemon Team #1 Heavily offensive top 100

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Suckerpunchx17, May 25, 2011.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Suckerpunchx17

Suckerpunchx17 New Member

This is my first 5gen team i hope you like it.

This in not a rain team i use politoed to counter other weather teams and my

style of play is always offensive i hate stall i hate blissey.

I only use pokemon i like and cool looking i dont use ugly pokes like Reuniclus .

The only pokemon i like in 5 gen is hydreigon thats why its my only 5gen poke in the team.

best rank: top 30 in smogon server.

[​IMG]

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Perish Song
    - Protect
    - Toxic

i use him to counter sun teams and sand storm teams toxic for some wall thats i cant take easily perish song save me a lot from dragon dance gyarados and volcarona butterfly dance scald scares physical poke to switch to politoed protect for scouting

[​IMG]

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock

most of the time its my lead it always do what i want set up rocks and spin it away thanks to sturdy donphan can almost 100% of the time spin before die.
    ice shard saved me a lot from scarfed garchomps and other dragons and EQ Hits anything pretty hard.

[​IMG]

Sazandora (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Specs Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

it can take a lot of hits like mach punch it even survives a skarf dragon claw from garchomp and one hit ko,s a lot of pokes like anoying rotom-w with draco meteor surf is like stab in rain fire blast for ferrathorns it always 2 ko,s it earth power for jirachi and heatrans .

[​IMG]

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Pain Split
    - Focus Blast
    - Substitute

it cripples stall team and some times it does nothing and some time it kills every thing.
    Shadow Ball and Focus Blast provide perfect neutral coverage Pain Split allows Gengar to replenish health and cripple bulky opponents such as Blissey

[​IMG]

Starmie @ Life Orb Trait: Natural Cure
    - Recover
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

the star off the show it sweeps every thing late game with boosted rain hydro pump and boltbeam recover helps a lot when gliscors protect and let recover life orb damage i six koed a team with it.

[​IMG]

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band Trait: Technician
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - U-turn
    - Superpower

choice Band-boosted Bullet Punch is incredibly powerful even with no setup, and allows Scizor to revenge kill many dangerous threats such as Salamence locked into Outrage, Choice Scarf Hydreigon and "Double Booster" Terrakion
    uperpower does huge damage to Scizor's main counters, OHKOing Heatran, Magnezone, and Ferrothorn expecting a Bullet Punch bug bite okos
    Reuniclus

steal my team it makes me happy

Importable
    [secret]Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Perish Song
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock

Sazandora (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Shadow Ball
    - Pain Split
    - Focus Blast
    - Substitute

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    - Recover
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - U-turn
    - Superpower [/secret]

example battle:[video=youtube;4lZUtqL2BhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lZUtqL2BhI[/video]

i have a lot off troubles with blissey and jolteon

My team scynergy :

http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/team_builder

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/user/Suckerpunchx17

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    You are missing an importable and this must be PMed to me for this thread to be unlocked. The Importable may be found in the teambuilder. Just copy and paste it to me.

Done

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  3. For The Troll

For The Troll Banned

Good team,i dont understood why is there donphan on a rain team but oh well.....could you please add the theme you were using when u did the vid(i think its amazing and i want to use it)

4. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

5. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

Why are you using Hydreigon over Latios? Is it purely because you are afraid of pursuits, or is there another reason?

Donphan is good but I'd suggest to move the Attack EVs onto Defense.

Pursuit is better on Scizor IMO as Jellicent is a common switch in, and Reuniclus is easily dealt enough with U-Turn.

6. NightShift

NightShift Member

Groshi is blind u.u
    Anyways it's a bad mentality to make a team of only what you like *cough even though i do cough*

If it's an offensive team why do you have defensive Donphan and Politoed :P
    I would recommend using a physical sweeper over Gengar because your team is mostly special oriented and something like Chansey will wall it no Gengar does not counter Chansey easily.

7. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

Oh, I missed that. And yes, it is an extremely bad practice of picking pokemon you like.

I also suggest switching something (Toxic or Scald) out for Hypnosis as it is generally more useful. But prepared to be annoyed when it misses.

8. EonFriend

EonFriend Member

Haha, you can't hurt a Pokemon by using Pursuit on the turn it switches in!

However, Groshi's main point stands, Pursuit is way better on a Choice Band Scizor than Bug Bite, since you rarely need to stay in with CB Scizor as he can become set-up bait. Pursuit on Scizor is like the best way to mess up a retreating Latios, which is simply invaluable.

The team is pretty good, though you might wanna use Substitute + Focus Punch on Gengar. It is almost a 2HKO on Eviolite Chansey if Stealth Rock is present, and Blissey is 2HKOed all the time. Chansey just CANNOT break that Substitute of yours, and Focus Punch has 32 PP, while Softboiled has 16 PP, and Wish + Protect combined has 32 PP. You can win over Chansey much easily with this. You still possess a nice way to take off Tyranitar, and you can have a wider 3rd attacking move, as Pain Split is just unnecessary on the set.
    This can be replaced with Hidden Power Ice for the notorious Dragons (especially a certain Sand-loving Land Shark) or Hidden Power Fire to catch Scizor and Ferrothorn switches off, or Disable to mess with Pokemon who can hurt Gengar with only a certain single move they possess, or even Hypnosis if something like a Conkeldurr or Reuniclus comes in (that sub helps if Hypnosis misses, and Espeon is not going to switch so freely into a Gengar). SubPunch Gengar runs 100 attack EVs and Expert Belt with a Hasty/Naive nature, so keep that in mind if you decide to use it.

I have used that very same Donphan EVs and apparently, they work pretty well, so suggest you keep them as they are. They provide your team with a very nice Physical offense front and a powerful revenge style.

About Politoed..........try not to use both Scald and Toxic, you will stumble upon statuses like if you burn a Zapdos switch instead of Poisoning it. Surf or Hydro Pump is a better move in place of Scald, and unless you like to PP stall a lot with Protect, I'd say use Encore in its place to prevent others (ESPECIALLY Reuniclus) from setting up on you.

Jolteon is pretty rare, but can be destructive I guess........proper switches with Donphan and Hydreigon seem to be barely enough to check it, as neither of them are OHKOed by any attack Jolteon has. I wouldn't worry that much about it until it becomes more common, since the changes you will need on your team to stop Jolteon safely will lead to reshaping the team quite a bit.

Other than those, I find your team to be a very well-constructed one which should hold its own in the current metagame. Also, including an example battle of yours in the Original post was a nice idea.

I hope my rather enormous post of a team rate helped improve your team.......

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  9. Suckerpunchx17

Suckerpunchx17 New Member

donphan is better with this spread cause it revenges alot of dragons like scarf garchomp and lets eq hurt bad

u-turn never ko calm mind Reuniclus

Edit: i thought of changing politoed to a scarf heracross

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  10. EonFriend

EonFriend Member

U-turn never KOes, but deals huge damage to Reuniclus. Frankly, using Bug Bite just to KO Reuniclus is sort of not worth it when Pursuit is completely superior in its place.........but if you really want that KO.......then okay.

Scarf Heracross is laughable. Consider something like Scarf Terrakion if you want a good fighting type that's fast, reasonably bulky and hits hard. Breloom is another way about it.

11. ASH_CHAMPION

ASH_CHAMPION A very useless person~

PO Trainer Name:
    Meh
    Two words. SkarmChance trolls. Your only physical attacker is one that gets easily annoyed by a Skarmory. You have too much Special sweepers. Sorry I don't know any apart from Scizor who is there as a set up sweeper. But I would work on it.

12. Fate/Dracoflare

Fate/Dracoflare Kayneth Fried Circuits

Just noticed this team,this team is similar to mine with ludicolo and sd aquatailchomp over hydregion and Donphan(starmie has rapid spin over recover).Even without swift swim starmie is an amazing pokemon in rain(I have been advertising this a bit).Why not test chomp and ludicolo in your team?.I'm sure you'll love it

13. dragonmaster951753

dragonmaster951753 Member

Until they physically defensive ones try to recover on the switch and turn him into setup bait. I use bug bite over u-turn and every Reuniclus stays in thinking it is a u-turn coming, just to get OHKOed by a bug bite.

Moderators: Edna, fsk