1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Other] PO Idol - Quarterfinals (Read Post #131)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by NAVIDAD PIRATE, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    If you're asking me to, fuck no. Also, don't know too much about Blue, consult Wikipedia.

2. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I-I meant my crappy voice but ok. As for your voice, you did audition for The Voice. I say wynaut sing one song?

[prompt pls delet any shitty duplicate post that may happen thx to my crap network, ty]

3. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    pls, no one wants to ask you to sing Joey.

WHERE IS WATER THOUGH????

4. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I think I found Water's performance.

Joyverse, Agent K, LittleRoot and 7 others like this.
  5. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    contemplating dropping out thanks to a COLD COMING IN REALLY CLUTCH.
    I got 0 vocals rn

Professor Oak likes this.
  6. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    Annoying Orange likes this.
  7. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    thank u
    hopefully my cold is gone by then

8. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I can only hope my throat recovers by then so I can do a bonus song, as requested by Wildheart :P

9. diamondslight

diamondslight Master of fantasy basketball :) Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Such a long deadline for just 8 of us. Inb4 everyone did their entry for this round except for one.

10. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Dropping out cause I'm not home anymore and I don't want to sing in my dorm. Good luck to everyone else!

E.T. likes this.
  11. NAVIDAD PIRATE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    wtf ur suck

12. diamondslight

diamondslight Master of fantasy basketball :) Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

rip Yttirum :( also does this mean we all go to the next round or is somebody still getting the ax?

13. NAVIDAD PIRATE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    SOMEONE STILL GETS THE AX

14. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    hold my beer

15. Zony11

Zony11 New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Zony11
    I am really sorry to say this but I am dropping out. College has gotten really busy and as most of you know school comes first for me. I wish everyone else good luck in the competition

16. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
  17. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Imma go win this by endurance alone

Yttrium likes this.
  18. diamondslight

lol please don't. You would probably crush us by showing off the padge badge.

also rip Zony. Probably had to best odds of winning imo :(

Yttrium likes this.
  19. Pamitha

Pamitha everyone likes me now Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Pamitha
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting with the update to the thread.

Submissions have been closed and either @Water or @NAVIDAD PIRATE will handle results as well as the information for the upcoming round.

20. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    am i in yet
    edr win
    best singr

i am yttrium inspiration therefore i am on winning team

21. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    hello, i got a chest infection, i cannot into bonus song, sorry

will try for next round

p.s. where the fuck is water's song

22. NAVIDAD PIRATE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    HI FRIENDS

APOLOGIES FOR THIS BEING LATE APPARENTLY I HAVE A LIFE

The theme for Round 2 was Boy Bands! Let's see what everyone did:

@Ascarotte - Rule the World by Take That

@diamondslight - Fly With Me by 98 Degrees

@ajhockeystar - It's Gonna Be Me by NSYNC

@Jethalal - U Wanna Make Me by Blue

@Annoying Orange - Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer

This was a cool round and I enjoyed all the submissions! Hell, even I recorded something myself.

Obviously, the three assholes who did not record songs for this round are all eliminated. Therefore, the 5 remaining contestants move on!

Water and/or Heartbreaker will be posting their comments, along with the next theme and the next deadline soon!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Ascarotte and E.T. like this.
  23. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    ,, Blue was mine n.n

24. Romantic_Guy

Romantic_Guy Member

Yes sorry i didnt submit i was gonna submit one lovr by blue but cudnt make it

25. ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar Proud Canadian

PO Trainer Name:
    ajhockeystar
    oh god listening back mine sounds even more horrible than I remember... high pitched songs just aren't for me lmao

also meowmix so beautiful... lik if u cri evry tim :')

E.T., Professor Oak and DracoNova like this.
  26. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    im missing the constructive criticism from judges

Jethalal and ajhockeystar like this.
  27. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    get good

DracoNova likes this.
  28. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    :')

29. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    WHERE YTTRIUM SONG

30. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Who knew there would be more than one song by a boy band about metaphorical flying from a Pokemon movie?

31. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Hi, comments. Well done to the 5 that submitted, and a shame that Zony had to drop out, cos she arguably had the best voice. I'm trying to be as positive as I can with my feedback, because I fully understand how annoying it is to hear nothing but negative comments. Similarly, any criticism is intended to try and make the best out of your singing. If you don't really care about that, then feel free to not even read the post lol

Ascarotte
    My advice from last time was to try and sing in a lower voice. For the first 30 seconds, you did this, and it sounded pretty good. Well done.

However, after that, you lost the timing of the song, and you ended up trying to mimic the song's pitch too much, resulting in your voice going too high. Try to keep within your voice's vocal range and not extend out of it too far. Doing that will improve any singing you do.

Further analysis of your voice leads me to think that something operatic is certainly more suited to you.

Diamondslight
    You started off very well, and I'd say that if you can keep up singing to a quality of your opening minute-or-so, you may just now be the favourite.

However, you started to lose the quality a little bit after the initial part imo. I can't really pinpoint any reason for it, so it might just be that your voice isn't used to singing for such a period of time? I dunno. Just try to not lose it a bit lol

This was definitely more suited to your voice overall. Can't say I know the song, so I can't analyse it too much more than that, I'm afraid.

AJ
    Your vocal range is not as varied as some of the other competitors, so you didn't try and overextend outside of your range, and it wasn't bad as a result. Good job.

I don't really have any criticisms, because I think you were really limited due to the round's song choices. Can't really think of how I'd try and improve it otherwise, but it wasn't my favourite bit of singing of the round either.

I think something like Louis Armstrong's songs might be suited to your voice. You even said above that higher-pitched songs aren't really the best for you, and I would agree with that.

Jethalal
    This was a bit louder and a bit clearer! Your singing isn't bad at all, well done!

I'm going to repeat one of my criticisms from last round - more confidence is needed! You can sing better than you think, you just need the confidence to stand up, smile and launch the words out of yourself! This would help to make things clearer and just cap off what has been a good performance overall thus far. Your voice did waver a bit at 0:35 though. Naturally, I must advise against this, but sometimes it is hard to avoid.

Probably one of the worst of Blue's songs imo. Still, it did work for you, and this is definitely a type of song you can sing well. I really hope the next round is going to challenge you a little more, by making you sing something that isn't within your comfort zone, because I want to see how your voice holds up when it is challenged.

Annoying Orange
    Much clearer recording, sorry to mention the issues you had last time. You have the ability to sing well, if you keep your voice under control and try not to extend too much out of your range.

As you might guess, that leads to the criticism I do have. Some parts that you try to sing in a high tone (most notable bit at 0:37-ish) do tend to be outside of your range, and in your attempt to match it, you lose the tone in your voice, and it doesn't sound as good as it could. I'm guilty of doing it too. You just need to find the point where your voice starts to deteriorate, and try and not surpass that in pitch.

That being said, I listened to that part in the actual song too, and I think he must have put his testicles in a vicegrip to be able to hit that note, because that sounded painful. If he's doing it in the actual song, it is understandable why you may have slightly followed suit. The song itself isn't great imo (come at me bro) but it did sound like it suited you overall.

Meowmix - WELL DONE FOR HAVING BALLS UNLIKE WATER
    Are you playing the guitar? If so, nice! I recognised the tune before you started singing, which is a plus. Only downside is that the guitar's sound ended up drowning out the voice in parts, but I imagine the recording setup is to blame there. Also "NO HOMO" in the middle made me laugh. The "GAY! SO GAY!" didn't lol.

You can carry a tune pretty well dude! I didn't expect you to be able to hold the higher pitch throughout and to do it well, so massive kudos to you. I don't really have any criticism overall, I'm rather impressed. I would like to hear you sing something with a bit more gusto though, cos I think it'd be a nice challenge for you (without knowing anything at all about your abilities outside of this one recording).

I won't claim that any singing I do will be good btw, and I'm more than happy to have people criticise my singing when I submit things too. Lord knows that I'm a better judge than I am a singer.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  32. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I can hit those notes but I was struggling with a cold during the week :( thank you though
    I actually recorded about 30 times before I was satisfied because my voice kept cracking thanks to said cold. I only know a few boy bands and the 90s ones arent really my style of singing so it was this or 1D again.

Professor Oak likes this.
  33. diamondslight

Fun fact I was actually planning on singing that song but since my voice wasn't at 100% I decided against it.

I think after the first verse of the song I was focusing more on trying to get through the song without having to redo it since I had to do this song a clean 5 times cause I keep getting interrupted one way or another lol but once again thanks for the critique main judge Oak :)

34. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
  35. Water

Water Well Respected and Exceptionally Handsome User Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

HELLO FRIENDS! IT IS I WATER THE MARVELOUS SINGER WHO WILL DEFINITELY SING A SONG EVENTUALLY MAYBE!

IT IS TIME FOR THE NEXT ROUND!

THE THEME FOR THIS ROUND WILL BE:

SOUND OF 2016!!!!

2016 WAS A GREAT YEAR IN WHICH NOTHING TERRIBLE HAPPENED! IT JUST RECENTLY PASSED SO I KNOW YOU ALL REMEMBER IT. IN ORDER TO COMMEMORATE THIS WONDERFUL YEAR YOU WILL BE COVERING SONGS FROM IT!
    IN THIS ROUND YOU CAN COVER ANY SONG FROM 2016 THAT YOUR HEART DESIRES

WHETHER THAT BE SUGARY POP

DEPRESSING DIRGES RELEASED BY THE DEARLY DEPARTED

TO WHATEVER THE FUCK THIS GUYS DOING

REMEMBER TO PM ME (@Water) @NAVIDAD PIRATE AND @heartbreaker YOUR SONGS FOR APPROVAL! ONE PERSON WILL BE ELIMINATED THIS ROUND WHICH WILL END THE 1ST OF FEBUARY 2017!!

EDIT: ESTEEMED STA AND FORUM MODERATOR ASCAROTTE AND MAFIA ADMINISTRATOR AND SERVER MODERATOR DIAMONDSLIGHT WOULD LIKE ME TO CLARIFY THAT IT IS PERFECTLY ALRIGHT TO PICK A SONG FROM 2015 IF THE ALBUM IS FROM 2016!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Annoying Orange, Pamitha and Duster like this.
  36. Pamitha

Pamitha everyone likes me now Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Pamitha
    thanks water

37. NAVIDAD PIRATE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
  38. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    put me in coach

39. ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar Proud Canadian

PO Trainer Name:
    ajhockeystar
    Slow judges are slow

40. Pamitha

PO Trainer Name:
    Pamitha
    sometimes you need to take it slow to get High Quality Content

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.