1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Released] Core Breakdown: OU [Mega Charizard Y| Tyranitar]

Discussion in 'Article Review' started by Annoying Orange, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    thats fine

2. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    "1) Avoid personal language (I, we, my). "You" is okay but should not be overused." -- Grammar Standards

In formal writing, the standard is generally to stick to third person. Granted, these analytical articles don't have to be that formal, so I'm okay with some 2nd person here and there, but I don't think they should be too informal either. I felt that this article fell into the "overused" part of that quote, which is why I tried to trim some of them out. In that check, there were about 20 instances of "you" or "your", and I removed about half of them.

On "crucial" vs "crucial topic", I agree that just "crucial" sounds better. Just make sure that the comma before "so" is there.

From 31 Dec

I added the comma, and the Special Thanks.

Advancing this to [Approved] with a tentative release date of Saturday, January 14th. If this date causes any problems, let me know.

From 7 Jan

Due to the forums being down for a bit with the possibility that they might be down again later, I'm bumping this back to Saturday, January 21st.

--- Post updated ---
    @Annoying Orange

From 13 Jan

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  3. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.