1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Other] Big Brother [FINALE] The Winner has been decided!!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Joeypals!!, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'm not in the BB game, but I have got it. According to Joey, there's a high chance you won't do it in less guesses than me.

No pressure, guys.

2. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
  3. ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar Proud Canadian

PO Trainer Name:
    ajhockeystar
    That's a beautiful table if I've ever seen one

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  4. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
  5. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    This weekend deadline got me all the way fucked

Got lucky I opened my laptop to check fantasy basketball
    shoutouts al horford

edit cuz fuck double post
    pretty unfair challenge imo idk about the people in pools but PO's playerbase doesn't generally speak english as well as you do @Joeypals!!

again not trying to call out, just a heads up

grammar rules and shit arent exactly taught everywhere

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Yeah, Joey realised that when I was speaking to Hurricane about this challenge in Indigo.

I guess the primary language of the forums is English though, so everyone who joined up at least has a basic understanding of English.

With the contestants being told the number of words you have correct, and after attempt 3, the words that are in the right place in the sentences, there's a chance for most people that aren't native English speakers to be able to work it out quickly, even though they are at a slight disadvantage. Whilst they do make 2 sentences, you don't actually need to know what the sentences are grammatically. You just need to get the words in the right order.

but srsly this is just a way to BAN INDIA from the game imo

Joeypals!! likes this.
  7. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I guess one issue that is that a few specific words could be swapped around, and the two sentences would still make sense, but are still counted as wrong because they don't match the "correct answer" word for word.

8. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    Joey's pool officially sucks LOL

Joeypals!!, HBC, aaditya01 and 3 others like this.
  9. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    joeys pool is pretty much india. prob why i got lynched

10. aaditya01

aaditya01 Member

3 to be exact

Binix likes this.
  11. HBC

HBC Health, Beauty and Cosmetics!

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    I am not Indian fyi and I could have a higher ranking if I had more time to play. My life isn't PO 24/7

12. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    hey are you race assuming

edit: btw when you get server banned dont you get banned on forums too

13. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Nope. Nyet. Nada. Nahi. Nein. No.

14. Sasuke Uchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    You would've had a higher ranking if you didn't play

Joeypals!! and Hassin627 like this.
  15. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    It also wouldn't count though as he would have played zero matches on the BW2 OU ladder.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  16. Sasuke Uchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    Tbh I don't know why he submitted his 999 rank since I saw him at 1060 at the start of the challenge but w/e

Joeypals!! likes this.
  17. Agent K

Agent K Ejent Kaashmir

PO Trainer Name:
    Agent K
    Aww sry but I went random no hate here :x

18. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

how tf am I a casual?

19. Romantic_Guy

Romantic_Guy Member

Can we stop the india hate already,some ppl may call it "kidding" ,but if you keep continuing this, it does feel like racism, yes i am a indian and very proud to be one

aaditya01 and Joyverse like this.
  20. HBC

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    Sasuke i didnt submit that one, that was the rating after my oast battle. My peak was higher but didnt printscreen

21. aaditya01

aaditya01 Member

Agree with romantic....

22. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

why is aaditya01 the only smart indian

aaditya01 likes this.
  23. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Ok, whilst the vast majority of the Ban India jokes are intended in a joking fashion, and the origin of the jokes is certainly not directed in a negative manner towards decent PO users who are Indian, there are some people who are taking some of the jokes too far.

I have received 4 seperate independant complaints regarding the "ban India" jokes, and 2 of them directly called out @Annoying Orange as a notable offender. I will not be stating who these users are, although you can clearly see one of the complaints earlier in this thread.

Therefore, I can only recommend that people do not make "ban India" jokes if users request that they stop. Jokes made after that point will be seen as insulting other users, and will be infracted.

I am sorry to those that were making legitimate jokes with no intent on offense.

24. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    sorry for offending. I love all cultures. I even make jokes about how my own country is fat. I mean no harm. we live in a sensitive world and I feel as if it's hard to point out non verbal humor as it's in text, which you can't always pull emotions from. It was really just going with the ban india joke. sorry ig.

25. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    that's also the only time I've even made a joke about it, so not sure why I'm a notable offender.

Oak EDIT: I'm only reporting what people said, and moderating accordingly. 3 needless posts below this were removed for adding nothing to the discussion in a positive way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
  26. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    POV #3 Results

As week three draws to a close, I'd like to take this time to remind everyone that after Eviction #3, the pools will merge. As we'll be down to 10 people in each pool, it will only prove beneficial to pool everyone together into a more traditional Big Brother format. But enough of next week, let's get on with this week.

After a couple days of searching vigorously through my original QoTD thread (which has over 100K views o.o) searching for a few words, 6 people of the possible twelve came up in victory. That being said, only three people can win this POV. The 14 words and their posts will be left in the spoiler below, as well as the correct answer, so please check it out if curious.

And with that out of the way, let's run through the leaderboard! People in Fate's pool will be colored blue as per usual, and mine in red. Those who did not answer (Agent K, HBC, raka143, HSOWA, MeowMix, TraceofLife) will not be included in this list.

Hurricane -- 2 attempts
    Cheezeburgar -- 3 attempts

beforedawn. -- 3 attempts
    khaloss -- 4 attempts

Zyrader -- 5 attempts
    Xxdecidudeye -- 7 attempts

As such, the winners of POV #3 are Hurricane, beforedawn, and khaloss! All three of you will receive $5 Amazon Gift Cards (pending your email, I think I'm only missing khaloss'), as well as $1500, 35 Bait, 3 Luxury Balls, and 5 Premier Balls on Safari. Good job, all three of you. Now into the hairier stuff -- renominations. As usual, let's begin with the more straightforward pool -- Fate's.

In a first for the game, we have had people participate in the POV that were not nominated, and their effects can easily be exemplified by POV Winner Hurricane. As the winner of the POV Competition, Hurricane has decided to save HSOWA from eviction. As such that leaves a vacant seat for the eviction pool. As HSOWA is coming down, MeowMix has decided to name Sasuke Uchiha as the replacement nominee. Now onto the trickier shit.

So, my pool (and thank fuck pools are done after this)... you guys are probably about to hate me but both Fate and I gave you plenty of warning for what's about to go down. So, both beforedawn and khaloss have won the POV, deciding to use it on themselves and thus they are safe from eviction. Who are the replacements? This might be the more controversial part. If I may quote Fate from when he posted POV #3...

And frankly, I'm in complete agreement with him. There's been plenty of people screwed over initially by RNG, then their fellow contestants because one or two people can't do the jobs that we (as in Fate and I) not only outline, but try to pursue completion of in terms of dogging people down on the server. As such, for a first in all Big Brother games internationally, HOHs Agent K and HBC are the replacement nominees. For failure to actually do your job, you two are nominated in place of beforedawn. I'm tired of the cases like @gengar17 and everyone else in Week 2 are legitimately fucked over because of RNG, and I refuse to let it continue. I make a stand here. If you're going to play the game for cash, actually play the game.

Now that that mini-rant is over, let's go into the jobs everyone has this week.

SUPREME OVERLORD HOH -- @MEOWMIX. Your title, while possibly overzealous, comes with great connotation. In addition to breaking the possible tie between nominees Sasuke Uchiha and Zyrader, you will also break the possible tie in my pool (raka143, xxdecidudeye, Agent K, HBC). Please message both Fate and I your priority lists ASAP.
    NOMINEES -- @Agent K, @HBC, @raka143, @Xxdecidudeye, @Sasuke Uchiha, @Zyrader. You will not be able to vote. Please await your fate.
    PLAYERS IN MY POOL -- @beforedawn, @Khaloss, @DracoNova, @ajhockeystar, @EvilDingoRobot, @Sora, @Hassin627, @VirajVora. You will message me the names of the two people you wish to evict from the game. Your options are Agent K, HBC, raka143, and Xxdecidudeye.
    PLAYERS IN FATE TESTAROSSA'S POOL -- @TraceofLife, @Hurricane, @Jethalal, @Cheezeburgar, @HSOWA, @La.Neptune, @Atli, @Romantic_Guy. You will message @Fate Testarossa the name of the person you wish to evict from the game. Your options are Sasuke Uchiha and Zyrader.

Voting for Eviction #3 will end Tuesday, December 13th at 11:59PM CST (GMT -6). Best of luck.

In addition, the next HOH will be another battle. Please prepare one team for the ORAS OU tier with Pokemon that have the number 6 in their National Pokedex number.

The table in the OP (post #1) will be updated now to reflect the changes in nominations, the Veto results, and a couple new footnotes about what happened.

EDIT: Footnotes 14 and 15 have been added, and the table in the OP has been updated.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Fate Testarossa likes this.
  27. HBC

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    @Joeypals!! why the heck am I nominated if I sent you the replacement nominees? It doesn't even make sense, I shouldn't be there. Go check your pm's I sent you these past days and remove me from nominees list please.

EDIT: Fate explained to me my situation so ignore all that was said above.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  28. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    @Khaloss
    @beforedawn
    @Hurricane

$5 Gift Cards have been sent.

To all remaining voters, you have just over a day and a half but (once I get this half-vote straightened out), only 6 votes out of the possible 16 will still be outstanding. Really great activity guys.

29. Sasuke Uchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    I will send nudes to those that don't vote for me. kthx ♥

30. aaditya01

aaditya01 Member

31. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    FUCK IM EVICTED

32. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    You're just now realizing this? lol. News flash for you both and @aaditya 01: Ya gone.

33. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Pretty sure that was a joke. :L

34. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    uh yeah my response was also a joke.

35. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    ik, just being aloof :)

Also @DracoNova and @Sora if you could send in your votes as you two are the only two who haven't yet that'd be great k thxxxxxxx

36. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    SUPREME OVERLORD HOH -- @MEOWMIX

IF YOU WOULD LIKE IMMUNITY DURING THE NEXT PHASE PLEASE POST A DETAILED ESSAY IN THIS THREAD AS TO WHY I AM THE GREATEST USER ON POKEMON ONLINE

37. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    EVICTION #3 RESULTS
    Memes, lying, backstabbing, and betrayal -- many firsts happened this week in Big Brother, with plenty of drama to run National Enquirer until 2027. With the amount of excitement that happened in this thread over the last week, someone who didn't know the difference may have felt they were reading a table version of the actual US version's episodes. But instead, we have one of the wackiest weeks in PO's history, and that wackiness will only explode as we recap the week and go through this week's evictions results. Without further ado, let's start the recap.

Let's begin with the HOH competition, which asked players to clear both their minds and the skies by playing on the BW2 OU ladder using Clear Skies (no weather) teams, trying to achieve the highest possible peak before time expired. Even before the competition ended though, competitor @aaditya 01 got themselves removed from the game (and banned from PO's servers) by trying to boost his score by using multiple alts on the ladder. This created a lopsided effect, which could only be corrected by evicting only one person this week and thus only one HOH. That HOH, MeowMix, ended up controlling just about everything that happened from this point onward. Meanwhile, in my pool, 2 HOHs were crowned -- Agent K and HBC. More on them later though. MeowMix decided to nominate HSOWA and Zyrader, while Agent K and HBC put raka143, beforedawn, Xxdecidudeye, and, via RNG (for the last time for now THANK FUCK), khaloss.

Moving into the third POV competition, three competitor slots needed to be filled out for Fate Testarossa's pool so that 6 people were playing for POV. These three randomized players (Cheezeburgar, Hurricane, and TraceofLife), along with the 3 HOHs and 6 nominees, competed in a forum scavenger hunt. For this challenge, players were tasked with finding a set of 14 words and unscrambling them to form the correct puzzle sentences. Only half the players even bothered with the competition, and as such the three players who did win ended up making good use of their victories. In my pool, both beforedawn and khaloss won POV, while Hurricane won the POV in Fate's pool. These victories ended up creating two firsts for Big Brother, one in the local sense and the other in the international sense. As far as local sense, Hurricane's victory and use of the POV marks the first time that a non-nominee saved someone from eviction. Hurricane used his POV on HSOWA, forcing MeowMix to nominate a replacement -- he chose Sasuke Uchiha. For my pool, after being warned that not naming replacement nominees should your named nominees win, then not giving replacement nominees, both Agent K and HBC were automatically named the replacement nominees. While this may be similar to the US series' "Battle of the Block" (2 HOHs, if an HOH's nominees wins a side challenge, the HOH is able to be nominated via POV and evicted), this is the first time an HOH has ever gone from being an HOH straight to an eviction-day nominee. With Sasuke Uchiha and Zyrader, as well as raka143, Xxdecidudeye, Agent K, and HBC being the final nominees for eviction, MeowMix had full control over any possible ties. And that right? He most certainly got to exercise.

As usual, with the eviction votes, one pool was very wide open while the other was very close. So close, in fact, that for the second week in a row, a tiebreaker vote had to be cast. Let's begin with the more clear-cut pool, which ended up being my pool for once.

Before we can even talk about my pool, I will mention that both @DracoNova and @Sora did not vote, as their votes would not affect the final result. While DracoNova can run off completely fine, Sora... not so much. While Sora was on the server as recently as today, Sora has not been on the forums since December 2nd and, as we know, the forums are a huge part of this game. As such, for the second time this game, Fate and I are activating the modkill timer (for Sora). Sora, if you do not compete in the HOH (and POV if necessary), as well as make one forum post explaining your lack of activity, you will be removed from the game and the show will go on. Now, onto the votes.

As stated, my pool was a very clear-cut pool, with 12 votes from 6 people being cast. Let's cut out the melodramatics and cut straight to the chase. By a vote of 6-4-1-1, @Agent K and @HBC... you have both been evicted from the Big Brother house. Congrats to Xxdecidudeye and raka143 for surviving another week.

As for Fate Testarossa's pool, as previously stated, voting was close enough to cause a 4-4 tie. In 18 hours time, all 8 possible votes for Fate's pool were submitted, and as such we had to consult MeowMix on who he wanted to evict in the event of a tie. These are his exact words for his tiebreaker vote.

And as such, on a vote of 5-4, @Sasuke Uchiha, you have been evicted from the Big Brother game.
    With this vote down, we are officially down to 20 people. As a result, the pool system is now eradicated. The game will now follow a more traditional format, where there's one HOH, 2 nominees, and one eviction every week with the exception of double evictions. Everyone is now going to be able to play with each other, so all bets are off. Now, enough jibber jabber. Let's get into HOH #4.
    [​IMG]

HOH #4 -- Everything Is 6
    (excuse the fact that this is HOH #4, not #6). For our 4th HOH, we will be hearkening back to the first HOH in a way, where the battles were simple 1 player v 1 player battles. The twist for this week's HOH is that the Pokemon must have the number 6 within their National Dex number. As such, Pokemon such as Charizard and Raichu are eligible, while Mew and Totodile are not. In order to win this HOH competition, you have to not only win your 1v1 battle (as in playing one person, you can have 6 Pokemon; battles are in ORAS OU, so all rules apply [Sleep, Species, Team Preview, Self-KO]), but also have the most amount of points. Now, I hear two immediate questions: "What do you mean by points?" and, from the incredibly astute, "How can there be 1v1 battles when there's 19 people?". Allow me to explain both.

When I say "points", I'm talking total percentage points left in a battle as according to the submitted log (screencaps are permissible, but you will need to be grabbing screencaps every turn/couple of turns), rounded up to the nearest whole. Each Pokemon will be given a point total of 1-100,with a total cap of 600 points. The player who has the highest point total while winning will win the HOH this week. If you do win your match, please message BOTH @Fate Testarossa and I your picks from nominations.

As for the 19-player issue, that's already worked out. To cope with numbers, @MEOWMIX has awarded one person safety for this week -- @VirajVora. VirajVora will not be playing in the HOH, but is eligible to play as a randomized slot in the POV competition this week. Viraj may not be nominated before or after the POV competition, he is completely safe. Now, let's get to your match-ups this week.

@ajhockeystar vs @TraceofLife
    @beforedawn vs @EvilDingoRobot
    @Hurricane vs @Atli
    @Jethalal vs @Khaloss
    @Xxdecidudeye vs @raka143
    @Sora vs @Zyrader
    @Romantic_Guy vs @Hassin627
    @DracoNova vs @Cheezeburgar
    @La.Neptune vs @HSOWA

Again, please send your caps to both @Fate Testarossa and I. HOH #4 will end December 16th, 11:59PM CST (GMT -6) (yay extra time!). Best of luck everyone. I will be updating the OP now.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  38. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Psst.. Vivillon #666

Joeypals!! likes this.
  39. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    ?_?