1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Released] PO News: November 2016

Discussion in 'Article Review' started by E.T., Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    [​IMG]

Hello and welcome to the first edition of Pokémon Online (PO) News! The purpose of PO News is to inform the reader of various current events happening on Pokémon Online. This edition covers news about our main tiers, forum tournaments, server games, and more.

Tier News

[​IMG]

Dugtrio Banned from UU
    Dugtrio's Arena Trap ability allowed it to easily trap and KO or cripple key checks and counters, which created ample opportunities for its teammates to sweep. Dugtrio's pitiful bulk did limit its opportunities to switch in, but having VoltTurn support, switching strategically, holding Focus Sash, or simply revenge killing gave Dugtrio ways to get onto the field anyway. Note that since Dugtrio is now banned from ORAS UU, it is also banned from ORAS LU.

[​IMG]

Sablenite Suspect in OU
    Magic Bounce, decent bulk, and access to reliable recovery make Mega Sableye an extremely valuable entry hazard control Pokémon on stall teams, which contributed to Mega Sableye becoming a suspect. Pro-ban arguments have stated that Mega Sableye's ability to block hazards makes it too difficult to wear down stall teams and that Mega Sableye can be a part of restrictive cores, especially when paired with a trapper. Anti-ban arguments have stated that there are a few common Pokémon that can get up hazards against Mega Sableye such as Clefable, offensive Garchomp, offensive Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mold Breaker Excadrill. Additional arguments against banning Mega Sableye are that it can be worn down by U-turn and Volt Switch, it is pressured by powerful wallbreakers, and it is setup fodder for Calm Mind or Lum Berry Swords Dance users. While pro-ban and anti-ban arguments have been presented, most suspect posters are currently leaning toward not banning Mega Sableye from ORAS OU.

[​IMG]

Registeel Suspect in NU
    Registeel has 80 / 150 / 150 bulk, which are extremely good by NU standards, and it has access to helpful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. However, Registeel has no reliable recovery, and it is relatively passive with Seismic Toss usually being its best option for damage output unless it runs a Curse set with Iron Head. Registeel's Steel typing gives it several useful resistances but leaves Registeel weak to Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type moves. The suspect discussion is currently leaning toward a ban.

[​IMG]

Audinite Suspect in NU
    Mega Audino has 103 / 126 / 126 bulk as well as access to Wish and Calm Mind, giving it the potential to be a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. However, Mega Audino needs to use Calm Mind a few times before it gets significant damage output with Dazzling Gleam because its Special Attack stat is lackluster. Due to its passive nature, Mega Audino can create opportunities to setup for foes such as Klinklang. Mega Audino is also vulnerable to Taunt users such as Skuntank. The suspect discussion is currently leaning against a ban.

Tournament News

[​IMG]

Lower Tier Triathlon Underway
    In Official Tournament news, the Lower Tier Triathlon (LTT) is well underway. The format for matches in the LTT is a best of three in the tiers ORAS UU, ORAS LU, and ORAS NU. The LTT is currently in the semi-finals, which feature @Casparov vs @Kushalos and @Finchinator vs @ZoroDark. Since the LTT will be wrapping up soon, the Old Generations Tournament (OGT) has opened for signups! The format for matches in the OGT is a best of five in the tiers RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, HGSS OU, and BW2 OU.

[​IMG]

Current Forum Tournaments
    The Ubers subforum is recently hosted ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand, which was a standard ORAS Ubers best-of-three, double elimination tournament. The winner of ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand was @Mr.378. Advanced Threesome is a best-of-three tournament in the tiers ADV Ubers, ADV OU, and ADV UU, and it is currently in the finals, which feature @Hassin627 vs @LittleRoot. The Little Couples tour, which had an interesting format of featuring ORAS LC double battles, was won by @Edna. Congratulations on winning those tournaments @Mr.378 and @Edna!

Server Games News

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Server Tournaments Rankings
    Users Mango, lilium (@Annoying Orange), and fire & ice (@Portia) placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively, on the Tournaments leaderboard for the month of October. Mango finished with 333 points, lilium finished with 200 points, and fire & ice finished with 117 points. On the event leaderboard for Tournaments, Mango finished in 1st with 29 points, @Troller and halsey (@electraheartcomplex) tied for 2nd with 22 points, and @Velvet Blood and lilium (@Annoying Orange) tied for 3rd with 12 points. Congratulations everyone!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Trivia Leaderboard Badges

In Trivia, a new addition has been added to event games. Event games can now have a chance to be category games that include a group of related categories, such as only Pokémon related questions. Starting in November, players can earn forum badges for finishing first on the knowledge, speed, and elimination leaderboards. Note that these leaderboards do not count event games, so be sure to play a lot of regular games to win the badges!

Other News

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

PO League Gym Leader and Elite Four Signups Open
    The PO League is now accepting applications for Gym Leader and Elite Four positions! In the Pokémon games, gyms are typically based on types, but for the PO League, gyms are based on tiers. In the PO League, players challenge Gym Leaders to try to collect enough badges to challenge the Elite Four, but if a player loses to a Gym Leader, that player cannot challenge that gym for five days. If a player loses more than eight times, that player can no longer challenge gyms for the season. Elite Four members typically have a best-of-three or best-of-five challenge consisting of tiers of their choosing. A player can challenge the Champion after defeating the Elite Four members. Finally, if a player defeats the Champion, that player becomes the new Champion! Signups will be open until November 20th.
    [​IMG]

Pokémon Sun and Moon are almost here!
    The main series Pokémon games for Generation 7, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, are scheduled to be released soon. The games will be released on November 18th worldwide except for in Europe, which gets the games on November 23rd. Our developers have already been hard at work adding new Pokémon, moves, items, abilities, and battle mechanics to PO, and a new PO update for Sun and Moon is expected to be available soon after the games are released.
    [​IMG]
    Articles Project Begins

The Articles project is a new project on PO that hopes to provide readers with interesting, informative, and entertaining articles about various Pokémon topics that are relevant to Pokémon Online. PO News is an example of a regular article that you can expect to see, but articles such as Pokémon of the Week, Cool Sets to Use, Pokémon Through the Generations, Move Showcase, Core of the Week, Player Interviews, and more are in the works. If you are interested in contributing to the Articles project, check out how to become an Articles Contributor.

This concludes this edition of PO News. If there is any news that you would like to see discussed in future editions of PO News, post in our suggestion thread or contact @E.T. on the PO forums.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I went ahead and fleshed this out and advanced it to a WIP. I may have gotten a bit carried away with the images, but I think it makes it look a lot better overall even if it does make it look a lot longer. I'd like to get the review process started on this because this article is about news, and news has a tendency to expire / change quickly. Let me know if there's anything that you see that should be removed, changed, or added.

3. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

Looking good so far. The only thing I can see that needs changed is Registeel's stats. It has a base 80 HP, not base 100.

4. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Fixed.

5. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Also, I see no problem with having the images. Looks more professional.

6. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I added a section for PO League to Other News since that popped up today.

7. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    hi, not sure if you wanted a news theme banner with this or not but if so I can gladly shoot examples

8. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Sure, go ahead.

9. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    couple options :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joyverse likes this.
  10. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I think I like the first one better. Good job.

Annoying Orange likes this.
  11. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I wanted to make it SUMO themed since that's really this month's main Pokemon focus. Glad you like!

12. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I like the first one as well. That said, we can the 2nd font styling for later articles. :)

13. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    If anyone else has plans to post feedback, let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably advance this to Grammar in about 24 hours.

14. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Yeah Mango is Jiten. Should probably mention.
    >hasley. Aye fix please.

15. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    i think league signup should be listed here as well?

edit= ignore me im a moron

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  16. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Ummmn look below...

17. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Jiten doesn't have a forum account anymore afaik, so that's why only the server name is listed. Fixed the typo.

18. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    if we're being fair I had 96 points on my other account last month to put it at 296 :p (rhetorical unfunny banter)

I like it so far, will you be including more about Sun/Moon with the server development & whatnot?

19. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I was not planning on it because I would like to get this released soon, and I'm not sure exactly when Gen 7 will be added or the details of its implementation. The games will be released November 18th worldwide (except for Europe, which is one week later), so I'd expect Gen 7 to be added somewhere around that time, but I'm thinking this would be better to discuss for next month's news because more details will be known, wouldn't need to worry about spoiling Gen 7 content, etc.

20. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I think a mention of Sun and Moon's games being released on 18th November (23rd in Europe) combined with a slight mention that we (meaning developers) are already working hard to implement the new mechanics, moves, Pokémon etc should be added to other news. It is important to let people know it is being worked on, even if no spoilers or details past "we're working on it" are given.

Past that, this looks alright to me. I'd be careful about making sections too large though.

21. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I added a very brief section that states just this. I was concerned about making the article too long, which is why I was hesitant to add the Sun and Moon stuff, but I think this information is brief enough to be okay. As far as sections go, Tier News is the only one that looks like it could be too long to me, but if that is the case, it could be split into Recent Tier Changes and Current Suspects.

22. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I think this is ready for grammar checks now.

23. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    "First edition" already shows it to be a new type of article. The above edit also cuts out a nice chunk of text.

Moved the "banned from UU" away from directly under the title to the end of the paragraph. The removed sentence simply mirrored what the previous sentence said. Other than that, I added a couple of words to emphasise that it was a threat, which will lead to less "WHY DID YOU DO THIS?" thoughts.
    I'm going to change "Pokémon's ability NAME OF ABILITY" to "Pokémon's NAME OF ABILITY ability" a lot in this post too, cos I think it reads better. That being said, the word "ability" can be removed from my changed wording, and it'd still work.

Again, just moved the "currently being suspected" away from the title of the part slightly, to make a bit more sense. Reordered the first sentence in another manner that can also work too. Other than that, I added a comma.after "powerful wall breakers".

Again, I've moved the mention of it being a suspect away from the title that does the same thing. I removed the mention of there only being 1 post thus far, because that doesn't exactly draw people to the thread. If anything, that'd highlight the low activity of the forums. You could just mention that the overall thoughts thus far are that it shouldn't be banned, but don't mention it numerically.

This paragraph pretty much exactly mirrors the previous one. If anything, I feel like the two paragraphs could be merged together, as the formats of both are almost indentical.

Ok, I'm not sure whether to move the "In Official Tournament news..." sentence out of there because of the title, or whether all the Tournaments news should just be put together under 1 header, especially noting how small and relatively uninteresting the other Forum Tournament section is. I think merging the two sections into one would be best.

In this section, I feel like changing the header to "Server Tournament Rankings" would just make sure there's no confusion, even if the "Server Games News" header is still being used. I'd remove the # before all use of the word Tournaments in this section, and I'd make sure you add some congratulatory message to it.

Again, the # is not needed imo. There's a comma added after "related categories", in case you miss it. Otherwise, changing to an exclaimation mark at the end of the paragraph seems to make it read in a less boring and formal manner... "Go play!" vs "Go play.", for example.

Running theme, lack of personality in the article. I get that it's a news topic, but a few tweaks in punctuation here and there can just give across that slight difference of meaning, and give the article a bit of personality. Otherwise, the changes should be obvious above.

Generation should generally have a capital G imo. Otherwise, slight change of wording to make it seem easier to read.

Another slight change to make it read better - and almost all the articles are going to be relevant to PO, so cutting that out.

Please note: this is yet another 6am set of edits from me. It might be crap.

24. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    [​IMG]

Hello, and welcome to the first edition of Pokémon Online News! PO News is a new type of article made by the Articles project, and its purpose is to inform the reader of various current events happening on Pokémon Online. This edition of PO News covers news about main tiers, forum tournaments, server games, and more.

Tier News

[​IMG]

Dugtrio Banned from UU
    Dugtrio was recently banned from ORAS UU. According to suspect posters, Dugtrio’s ability Arena Trap allowed it to trap and KO or cripple key checks and counters, which created opportunities for its teammates to sweep. Despite Dugtrio’s mediocre base 80 Attack, it still had the ability to fatally wound what it could not KO so that the Pokémon that it trapped wouldn’t have enough HP left to check the threats they were intended to check. Dugtrio’s pitiful bulk did limit its opportunities to switch in, but having VoltTurn support, switching strategically, holding Focus Sash, or simply specializing in revenge killing gave Dugtrio ways to get onto the field anyway. Note that since Dugtrio is banned from ORAS UU, it is also banned from ORAS LU.

[​IMG]

Sablenite Suspect in OU
    Mega Sableye is currently being suspected in ORAS OU. Mega Sableye’s ability, Magic Bounce, decent bulk, and access to reliable recovery make it an extremely valuable entry hazard control Pokémon on stall teams. Pro-ban arguments have stated that Mega Sableye’s ability to block hazards makes it too difficult to wear down stall teams and that Mega Sableye can be a part of restrictive cores, especially when paired with a trapper. Anti-ban arguments have stated that there are a few common Pokémon that can get up hazards against Mega Sableye such as Clefable, offensive Garchomp, offensive Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mold Breaker Excadrill. Additional arguments against banning Mega Sableye are that it can be worn down by U-turn and Volt Switch, it is pressured by powerful wallbreakers, it is setup fodder for Calm Mind users and Lum Berry Swords Dance users. While pro-ban and anti-ban arguments have been presented, most suspect posters are currently leaning toward not banning Mega Sableye from ORAS OU.

[​IMG]

Registeel Suspect in NU
    Registeel is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Registeel has 80 / 150 / 150 bulk, which is extremely good by NU standards, and it has access to helpful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. However, Registeel has no reliable recovery, and it is relatively passive with Seismic Toss usually being its best option for damage output unless it runs a Curse set with Iron Head. Registeel’s Steel typing gives it several useful resistances, but it leaves Registeel weak to Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type moves. Currently, there has only been one post in the suspect thread, and the suspect poster does not think Registeel should be banned.

[​IMG]

Audinite Suspect in NU
    Mega Audino is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Mega Audino has 103 / 126 / 126 bulk, as well as access to Wish and Calm Mind, giving it the potential to be a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. However, Mega Audino needs to use Calm Mind a few times before it gets significant damage output with Dazzling Gleam because its Special Attack stat is lackluster. Due to its passive nature, Mega Audino can create opportunities to setup for foes such as Klinklang. Mega Audino is also vulnerable to Taunt users such as Skuntank. Currently, there has only been one post in the suspect thread, and the suspect poster does not think Mega Audino should be banned.

Tournament News

[​IMG]

In Official Tournament news, the Lower Tier Triathlon (LTT) is well underway. The format for matches in the LTT is a best of three in the tiers ORAS UU, ORAS LU, and ORAS NU. The LTT is currently in Round 4, which is the quarter-final. With the LTT scheduled to wrap up by the end of the month, it is time to start thinking about the OGT (Old Generations Tournament), which is the next scheduled official tournament. The format for matches in OGT is a best of five in the tiers RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, HGSS OU, and BW2 OU.

[​IMG]

The Ubers subforum is currently hosting ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand, which is a standard ORAS Ubers best of three, double elimination tournament. ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand is going good so far, as it has progressed to Round 7, and only three players currently remain. Advanced Threesome is a best-of-three tournament in the tiers ADV Ubers, ADV OU, and ADV UU, and it is currently in Round 2. The Little Couples tour has an interesting format of featuring ORAS LC double battles, and it is currently in the semi-finals.

Server Games News

Tournaments Rankings
    Users Mango, lilium (@Annoying Orange), and fire & ice (@Portia) placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively, on the #Tournaments leaderboard for the month of October. Mango finished with 333 points, lilium finished with 200 points, and fire & ice finished with 117 points. On the event leaderboard for #Tournaments, Mango finished in 1st with 29 points, @Troller and halsey (@electraheartcomplex) tied for 2nd with 22 points, and @Velvet Blood and lilium (@Annoying Orange) tied for 3rd with 12 points.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In #Trivia, a new addition has been added to event games. Event games can now have a chance to be category games that include a group of related categories such as only Pokémon related questions. Starting in November, players can earn forum badges for finishing first on the knowledge, speed, and elimination leaderboards. Note that these leaderboards do not count as event games, so be sure to play a lot of regular games to win the badges.

Other News

The PO League is now accepting applications for Gym Leader and Elite Four positions. In the Pokémon games, gyms are typically based on types, but for the PO League, gyms are based on tiers. In the PO League, players challenge Gym Leaders to try to collect enough badges to challenge the Elite Four, but if a player loses to a Gym Leader, they cannot challenge that gym for five days. If a player loses more than eight times, that player can no longer challenge gyms for the season. Elite Four members typically have a best-of-three or best-of-five challenge consisting of tiers that they choose. A player can challenge the Champion after defeating the Elite Four members. Finally, if a player defeats the Champion, that player becomes the new Champion! Signups will be open until November 20th.
    [​IMG]

The main series Pokémon games for Generation 7, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, are scheduled to be released soon. The games will be released on November 18th worldwide with the exception of Europe, which gets the games on November 23rd. Our developers have already been hard at work adding new Pokémon, moves, items, abilities, and battle mechanics to PO, and a new PO update for Sun and Moon is expected to be available soon after the games are released.
    [​IMG]
    Articles Project Begins

The Articles project is a new project on PO that hopes to provide readers with interesting, informative, and entertaining articles about various Pokémon topics or topics relevant to Pokémon Online. PO News is an example of a regular article that you can expect to see, but articles such as Pokémon of the Week, Cool Sets to Use, Pokémon Through the Generations, Move Showcase, Core of the Week, Player Interviews, and more are in the works. If you are interested in contributing to the Articles project, check out how to become an articles contributor.

This concludes this edition of PO News. If there is any news that you would like to see discussed in future editions of PO News, post in our suggestion thread or contact @E.T. on the PO forums.
    Hello, and welcome to the first edition of PO News! PO News is one of the new typesokémon Online News! PO News is a new type (say "PO" in full first, then abbreviate it later) of article made by the Articles project, and its purpose is to inform the reader of various current events happening on Pokémon Online. This edition of PO News covers news about main tiers, forum tournaments, server games, and more.
    Dugtrio was recently banned from ORAS UU. According to suspect posters, Dugtrio’s ability Arena Trap allowed it to trap and KO or cripple key checks and counters, which created opportunities for its teammates to sweep. Despite Dugtrio’s mediocre base 80 Attack, it still had the ability to fatally wound what it could not KO so that the Pokémon that it trapped wouldn’t have enough HP left to check the threats they were intended to check. Dugtrio’s pitiful bulk did limit its switch-in opportunities to switch in, but having Volt-Turn support, switching strategically, holding Focus Sash, or simply specializing in revenge- killing gave Dugtrio ways to get onto the field anyway. Note that since Dugtrio is banned from ORAS UU, it is also banned from ORAS LU.
    Mega Sableye is currently being suspected in ORAS OU. Mega Sableye’s ability, Magic Bounce, decent bulk, and access to reliable recovery makes it an extremely valuable entry hazard control Pokémon on stall teams. Pro-ban arguments have stated that Mega Sableye’s ability to block hazards makes it too difficult to wear down stall teams, and that Mega Sableye can be a part of restrictive cores, especially when paired with a trapper. Anti-ban arguments have stated that there are a few common Pokémon that can get up hazards against Mega Sableye such as Clefable, offensive Garchomp, offensive Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mold Breaker Excadrill. Additional arguments against banning Mega Sableye have been that it can be worn down by U-Turn and Volt Switch and pressured by powerful wall breakers and that it can provide setup opportunitiesare that it can be worn down by U-turn and Volt Switch, it is pressured by powerful wallbreakers, it is setup fodder for Calm Mind users and Lum Berry Swords Dance users with Lum Berry. While pro-ban and anti-ban arguments have been presented, most suspect posters are currently leaning toward not banning Mega Sableye from ORAS OU.
    Registeel is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Registeel has 80 / 150 / 150 defensesbulk, which is extremely good by NU standards, and it has access to helpful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. However, Registeel has no reliable recovery, and it is relatively passive with Seismic Toss usually being its best option for damage output unless it runs a Curse set with Iron Head. Registeel’s Steel typing gives it several useful resistances, but it leaves Registeel weak to Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type moves. Currently, there has only been one post in the suspect thread, and the suspect poster does not think Registeel should be banned.
    Mega Audino is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Mega Audino has 103 / 126 / 126 defenses with access to Wish and Calm Mind, so Mega Audino hasbulk, as well as access to Wish and Calm Mind, giving it the potential to be a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. However, Mega Audino needs to use Calm Mind a few times before it gets significant damage output with Dazzling Gleam because its Special Attack stat is lackluster. Due to its passive nature, Mega Audino can create setup opportunities to setup for foes such as Klinklang. Mega Audino is also vulnerable to Taunt users such as Skuntank. Currently, there has only been one post in the suspect thread, and the suspect poster does not think Mega Audino should be banned.

In Official Tournament news, the LTT (Lower Tier Triathlon (LTT) is well underway. The format for matches in the LTT is a best of three in the tiers ORAS UU, ORAS LU, and ORAS NU. The LTT (if you read this (and say LTT in full), you'll understand why the change was made) is currently in Round 4, which is the quarter-final. With the LTT scheduled to wrap up by the end of the month, it is time to start thinking about the OGT (Old Generations Tournament), which is the next scheduled official tournament. The format for matches in OGT is a best of five in the tiers RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, HGSS OU, and BW2 OU.

The Ubers subforum is currently hosting ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand, which is a standard ORAS Ubers best of three, double elimination tournament. ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand is getting goodoing good so far, as it has progressed to Round 7, and currently, only three players currently remain. Advanced Threesome is a best of -of-three tournament in the tiers ADV Ubers, ADV OU, and ADV UU, and it is currently in Round 2. The Little Couples tour has an interesting format of befeaturing ORAS LC double battles, and it is currently in the semi-finals.
    Users Mango, lilium (@Annoying Orange), and fire & ice (@Portia) placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively, on the #Tournaments leaderboard for the month of October. Mango finished with 333 points, lilium finished with 200 points, and fire & ice finished with 117 points. On the event leaderboard for #Tournaments, Mango finished in 1st with 29 points, @Troller and halsey (@electraheartcomplex) tied for 2nd with 22 points, and @Velvet Blood and lilium (@Annoying Orange) tied for 3rd with 12 points.
    In #Trivia, a new addition has been added to event games. Event games can now have a chance to be category games that include a group of related categories such as only Pokémon related questions. Starting in the with the month of November, players can earn forum badges for finishing first on the knowledge, speed, and elimination leaderboards, respectively. Note that these leaderboards do not count as event games, so be sure to play a lot of regular games to try to win the badges.
    The PO League is now accepting applications for Gym Leader and Elite Four positions. In the Pokémon games, gyms are typically based on types, but for the PO League, gyms are based on tiers. In the PO League, players challenge Gym Leaders to try to collect enough badges to challenge the Elite Four, but if a player loses to a Gym Leader, that playerey cannot challenge that gym for five days. If a player loses more than eight times, that player can no longer challenge gyms for the season. Elite Four members typically have a best of three or best of -of-three or best-of-five challenge consisting of tiers that they choose. A player can challenge the Champion after defeating the Elite Four members. Finally, if a player defeats the Champion, that player becomes the new Champion! Signups will be open until November 20th.
    The main series Pokémon games for gGeneration 7, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, are scheduled to be released soon. The games will be released on November 18th worldwide with the exception of Europe, which gets the games on November 23rd. Our developers have already been hard at work adding new Pokémon, moves, items, abilities, and battle mechanics to PO, and a new PO update for Sun and Moon is expected to be available soon after the games are released.
    The Articles project is a new project on PO that hopes to provide readers with interesting, informative, and entertaining articles about various Pokémon topics or topics relevant to Pokémon Online. PO News is an example of a regular article that you can expect to see, but articles such as Pokémon of the Week, Cool Sets to Use, Pokémon Through the Generations, Move Showcase, Core of the Week, Player Interviews, and more are in the works. If you have any interestare interested in contributing to the Articles project, check out the thread How to Become an Articles Contributor.
    how to become an articles contributor.

Hello, and welcome to the first edition of PO News! PO News is one of the new typesokémon Online News! PO News is a new type (makes more sense to say the full name first, then abbreviate it later) of article made by the Articles project, and its purpose is to inform the reader of various current events happening on Pokémon Online. This edition of PO News covers news about main tiers, forum tournaments, server games, and more.
    Dugtrio was recently banned from ORAS UU. According to suspect posters, Dugtrio’s ability Arena Trap allowed it to trap and KO or cripple key checks and counters, which created opportunities for its teammates to sweep. Despite Dugtrio’s mediocre base 80 Attack, it still had the ability to fatally wound what it could not KO so that the Pokémon that it trapped wouldn’t have enough HP left to check the threats they were intended to check. Dugtrio’s pitiful bulk did limit its switch-in opportunities to switch in, but having Volt-Turn support, switching strategically, holding Focus Sash, or simply specializing in revenge- killing gave Dugtrio ways to get onto the field anyway. Note that since Dugtrio is banned from ORAS UU, it is also banned from ORAS LU.
    Mega Sableye is currently being suspected in ORAS OU. Mega Sableye’s ability, Magic Bounce, decent bulk, and access to reliable recovery makes it an extremely valuable entry hazard control Pokémon on stall teams. Pro-ban arguments have stated that Mega Sableye’s ability to block hazards makes it too difficult to wear down stall teams, and that Mega Sableye can be a part of restrictive cores, especially when paired with a trapper. Anti-ban arguments have stated that there are a few common Pokémon that can get up hazards against Mega Sableye such as Clefable, offensive Garchomp, offensive Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mold Breaker Excadrill. Additional arguments against banning Mega Sableye have been that it can be worn down by U-Turn and Volt Switch and pressured by powerful wall breakers and that it can provide setup opportunitiesare that it can be worn down by U-turn and Volt Switch, it is pressured by powerful wallbreakers, it is setup fodder for Calm Mind users and Lum Berry Swords Dance users with Lum Berry. While pro-ban and anti-ban arguments have been presented, most suspect posters are currently leaning toward not banning Mega Sableye from ORAS OU.
    Registeel is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Registeel has 80 / 150 / 150 defensesbulk, which is extremely good by NU standards, and it has access to helpful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. However, Registeel has no reliable recovery, and it is relatively passive with Seismic Toss usually being its best option for damage output unless it runs a Curse set with Iron Head. Registeel’s Steel typing gives it several useful resistances, but it leaves Registeel weak to Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type moves. Currently, there has only been one post in the suspect thread, and the suspect poster does not think Registeel should be banned.
    Mega Audino is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Mega Audino has 103 / 126 / 126 defenses with access to Wish and Calm Mind, so Mega Audino hasbulk, as well as access to Wish and Calm Mind, giving it the potential to be a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. However, Mega Audino needs to use Calm Mind a few times before it gets significant damage output with Dazzling Gleam because its Special Attack stat is lackluster. Due to its passive nature, Mega Audino can create setup opportunities to setup for foes such as Klinklang. Mega Audino is also vulnerable to Taunt users such as Skuntank. Currently, there has only been one post in the suspect thread, and the suspect poster does not think Mega Audino should be banned.

In Official Tournament news, the LTT (Lower Tier Triathlon (LTT) is well underway. The format for matches in the LTT is a best of three in the tiers ORAS UU, ORAS LU, and ORAS NU. The LTT is currently in Round 4, which is the quarter-final. With the LTT scheduled to wrap up by the end of the month, it is time to start thinking about the OGT (Old Generations Tournament), which is the next scheduled official tournament. The format for matches in OGT is a best of five in the tiers RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, HGSS OU, and BW2 OU.

The Ubers subforum is currently hosting ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand, which is a standard ORAS Ubers best of three, double elimination tournament. ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand is getting goodoing good so far, as it has progressed to Round 7, and currently, only three players currently remain. Advanced Threesome is a best of -of-three tournament in the tiers ADV Ubers, ADV OU, and ADV UU, and it is currently in Round 2. The Little Couples tour has an interesting format of befeaturing ORAS LC double battles, and it is currently in the semi-finals.
    In #Trivia, a new addition has been added to event games. Event games can now have a chance to be category games that include a group of related categories such as only Pokémon related questions. Starting in the with the month of November, players can earn forum badges for finishing first on the knowledge, speed, and elimination leaderboards, respectively. Note that these leaderboards do not count as event games, so be sure to play a lot of regular games to try to win the badges.
    The PO League is now accepting applications for Gym Leader and Elite Four positions. In the Pokémon games, gyms are typically based on types, but for the PO League, gyms are based on tiers. In the PO League, players challenge Gym Leaders to try to collect enough badges to challenge the Elite Four, but if a player loses to a Gym Leader, that playerey cannot challenge that gym for five days. If a player loses more than eight times, that player can no longer challenge gyms for the season. Elite Four members typically have a best of three or best of -of-three or best-of-five challenge consisting of tiers that they choose. A player can challenge the Champion after defeating the Elite Four members. Finally, if a player defeats the Champion, that player becomes the new Champion! Signups will be open until November 20th.
    The main series Pokémon games for gGeneration 7, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, are scheduled to be released soon. The games will be released on November 18th worldwide with the exception of Europe, which gets the games on November 23rd. Our developers have already been hard at work adding new Pokémon, moves, items, abilities, and battle mechanics to PO, and a new PO update for Sun and Moon is expected to be available soon after the games are released.
    The Articles project is a new project on PO that hopes to provide readers with interesting, informative, and entertaining articles about various Pokémon topics or topics relevant to Pokémon Online. PO News is an example of a regular article that you can expect to see, but articles such as Pokémon of the Week, Cool Sets to Use, Pokémon Through the Generations, Move Showcase, Core of the Week, Player Interviews, and more are in the works. If you have any interestare interested in contributing to the Articles project, check out the thread How to Become an Articles Contributor.
    how to become an articles contributor.

Did not base off the above post because no c/p included, sorry.

GP approved

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Joyverse likes this.
  25. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Update: Little Couples Tour Final match between Jethalal and Edna.

26. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    @E.T. Please implement my check and then update the OP with what Joyverse said. Note to GP checkers: after ET does this, don't do a check on my c/p, as it won't contain the update--instead, check the OP.

27. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    As a reminder, if you do GP, remember to follow the guidelines, which include having a C/P version in your post so that the next GP person can continue from your post. It is also a way to ensure that change suggestions are not missed.

Oak's changes:
    • "Overall, users have determined that Registeel should be suspected in NU." If it is being cut from the beginning for not being necessary, then it doesn't make sense to add it at the end either. I can remove the part about there only being one poster, but the purpose of my original statement was to summarize the current leanings of the suspect discussion. I changed it to "The suspect discussion is currently leaning toward a ban."
    • The formats of the NU paragraphs may be similar, but the subjects are two entirely different Pokemon, so I see no need to merge the two together.
    • I would rather differentiate between official tours and regular tours, so I think that keeping them separate is a good idea. Sure, the regular forum tours section is a bit more lackluster, but I think it would be a good thing to draw attention to the fact that they exist. I updated the round of the ADV tour from 2 to 3, and I added "@Jethalal and @Edna are scheduled to battle each other in the final round" to the part about the LC tour.
    • I think changing "Tournament Rankings" to "Server Tournament Rankings" is redundant since it is right under "Server Games News", but I made the change anyway. I just added a simple "Congratulations everyone!" to the end.

Sobi's changes:
    • "are that it can be worn down by U-turn and Volt Switch, it is pressured by powerful wallbreakers, and it is setup fodder"
    • I think I prefer "defensive stats" over "bulk"
    • I just changed "getting good" to "is starting to wrap up," because I was trying to elude more to an approaching dramatic ending rather than just progression of the tour.
    • "Note that these leaderboards do not count as event games," -- Adding "as" doesn't make sense here because I'm stating that scores from event games are not added to the regular leaderboards--not that leaderboards are not event games.
    • "If a player loses to a Gym Leader, that player they cannot..." -- I didn't use "they" because "they" is plural, and "that player" is less cumbersome than "he or she".
    • I changed the How to Become an Articles Contributor link to fit more smoothly with the sentence, but I left Articles Contributor capitalized since that is like a title.

Other than that, I implemented the changes on the OP, so for any other GP, the OP is the most recent version.​

28. Sobi

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    regarding they:

[singular] Used to refer to a person of unspecified gender:
    ‘ask a friend if they could help’

If you keep that player, the sentence repeats player, which isn't v. nice to read.

regarding the link:

i /kinda/ understand why you capitalise articles but imo don't cap. contributor. i changed everything to lowercase because it reads better like that instead of it being like a link name.... difficult to explain so idm if you disregard this change

29. RedJoker25

RedJoker25 Resident Lurker Server Moderator Article Contributor Server Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    RedJoker25
    [​IMG]
    Hello and welcome to the first edition of Pokémon Online (PO) News! The purpose of PO News is to inform the reader of various current events happening on Pokémon Online. This edition covers news about our main tiers, forum tournaments, server games, and more.

Tier News

[​IMG]

Dugtrio Banned from UU
    Dugtrio's Arena Trap ability allowed it to easily trap and KO or cripple key checks and counters, which created ample opportunities for its teammates to sweep. Dugtrio's pitiful bulk did limit its opportunities to switch in, but having VoltTurn support, switching strategically, holding Focus Sash, or simply revenge killing gave Dugtrio ways to get onto the field anyway. Note that since Dugtrio is now banned from ORAS UU, it is also banned from ORAS LU.

[​IMG]

Sablenite Suspect in OU
    Magic Bounce, decent bulk, and access to reliable recovery make Mega Sableye an extremely valuable entry hazard control Pokémon on stall teams, which contributed to Mega Sableye becoming a suspect. Pro-ban arguments have stated that Mega Sableye's ability to block hazards makes it too difficult to wear down stall teams and that Mega Sableye can be a part of restrictive cores, especially when paired with a trapper. Anti-ban arguments have stated that there are a few common Pokémon that can get up hazards against Mega Sableye such as Clefable, offensive Garchomp, offensive Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mold Breaker Excadrill. Additional arguments against banning Mega Sableye are that it can be worn down by U-turn and Volt Switch, it is pressured by powerful wallbreakers, and it is setup fodder for Calm Mind or Lum Berry Swords Dance users. While pro-ban and anti-ban arguments have been presented, most suspect posters are currently leaning toward not banning Mega Sableye from ORAS OU.

[​IMG]

Registeel Suspect in NU
    Registeel has 80 / 150 / 150 defensive stats, which are extremely good by NU standards, and it has access to helpful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. However, Registeel has no reliable recovery, and it is relatively passive with Seismic Toss usually being its best option for damage output unless it runs a Curse set with Iron Head. Registeel's Steel typing gives it several useful resistances but leaves Registeel weak to Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type moves. The suspect discussion is currently leaning toward a ban.

[​IMG]

Audinite Suspect in NU
    Mega Audino is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Mega Audino has 103 / 126 / 126 defensive stats as well as access to Wish and Calm Mind, giving it the potential to be a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. However, Mega Audino needs to use Calm Mind a few times before it gets significant damage output with Dazzling Gleam because its Special Attack stat is lackluster. Due to its passive nature, Mega Audino can create opportunities to setup for foes such as Klinklang. Mega Audino is also vulnerable to Taunt users such as Skuntank. The suspect discussion is currently leaning against a ban.

Tournament News

[​IMG]

In Official Tournament news, the Lower Tier Triathlon (LTT) is well underway. The format for matches in the LTT is a best-of-three in the tiers ORAS UU, ORAS LU, and ORAS NU. The LTT is currently in Round 4, which is the quarter-final. With the LTT scheduled to wrap up by the end of the month, it is time to start thinking about the Old Generations Tournament (OGT), which is the next scheduled official tournament. The format for matches in the OGT is a best-of-five in the tiers RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, HGSS OU, and BW2 OU.

[​IMG]

The Ubers subforum is currently hosting ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand, which is a standard ORAS Ubers best-of-three, double elimination tournament. ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand is starting to wrap up as it has progressed to Round 7, and only three players currently remain. Advanced Threesome is a best-of-three tournament in the tiers ADV Ubers, ADV OU, and ADV UU, and it is currently in Round 3. The Little Couples tour has an interesting format of featuring ORAS LC double battles, and @Jethalal and @Edna are scheduled to battle each other in the final round.

Server Games News

Users Mango, lilium (@Annoying Orange), and fire & ice (@Portia) placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively, on the Tournaments leaderboard for the month of October. Mango finished with 333 points, lilium finished with 200 points, and fire & ice finished with 117 points. On the event leaderboard for Tournaments, Mango finished in 1st with 29 points, @Troller and halsey (@electraheartcomplex) tied for 2nd with 22 points, and @Velvet Blood and lilium (@Annoying Orange) tied for 3rd with 12 points. Congratulations everyone!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In Trivia, a new addition has been added to event games. Event games can now have a chance to be category games that include a group of related categories, such as only Pokémon related questions. Starting in November, players can earn forum badges for finishing first on the knowledge, speed, and elimination leaderboards. Note that these leaderboards do not count event games, so be sure to play a lot of regular games to win the badges!

Other News

The PO League is now accepting applications for Gym Leader and Elite Four positions! In the Pokémon games, gyms are typically based on types, but for the PO League, gyms are based on tiers. In the PO League, players challenge Gym Leaders to try to collect enough badges to challenge the Elite Four, but if a player loses to a Gym Leader, that player cannot challenge that gym for five days. If a player loses more than eight times, that player can no longer challenge gyms for the season. Elite Four members typically have a best-of-three or best-of-five challenge consisting of tiers of their choosing. A player can challenge the Champion after defeating the Elite Four members. Finally, if a player defeats the Champion, that player becomes the new Champion! Signups will be open until November 20th.
    [​IMG]

The main series Pokémon games for Generation 7, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, are scheduled to be released soon. The games will be released on November 18th worldwide except for in Europe, which gets the games on November 23rd. Our developers have already been hard at work adding new Pokémon, moves, items, abilities, and battle mechanics to PO, and a new PO update for Sun and Moon is expected to be available soon after the games are released.
    [​IMG]
    Articles Project Begins

The Articles project is a new project on PO that hopes to provide readers with interesting, informative, and entertaining articles about various Pokémon topics that are relevant to Pokémon Online. PO News is an example of a regular article that you can expect to see, but articles such as Pokémon of the Week, Cool Sets to Use, Pokémon Through the Generations, Move Showcase, Core of the Week, Player Interviews, and more are in the works. If you are interested in contributing to the Articles project, check out how to become an Articles Contributor.

Tier News

Dugtrio Banned from UU

Sablenite Suspect in OU

Registeel Suspect in NU

Registeel has 80 / 150 / 150 defensive stats, which are extremely good by NU standards, and it has access to helpful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. However, Registeel has no reliable recovery, and it is relatively passive with Seismic Toss usually being its best option for damage output unless it runs a Curse set with Iron Head. Registeel's Steel typing gives it several useful resistances but leaves Registeel weak to Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type moves. The suspect discussion is currently leaning toward a ban.

Audinite Suspect in NU

Mega Audino is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Mega Audino has 103 / 126 / 126 defensive stats as well as access to Wish and Calm Mind, giving it the potential to be a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. However, Mega Audino needs to use Calm Mind a few times before it gets significant damage output with Dazzling Gleam because its Special Attack stat is lackluster. Due to its passive nature, Mega Audino can create opportunities to setup for foes such as Klinklang. Mega Audino is also vulnerable to Taunt users such as Skuntank. The suspect discussion is currently leaning against a ban.

Tournament News

In Official Tournament news, the Lower Tier Triathlon (LTT) is well underway. The format for matches in the LTT is a best-of-three in the tiers ORAS UU, ORAS LU, and ORAS NU. The LTT is currently in Round 4, which is the quarter-final. With the LTT scheduled to wrap up by the end of the month, it is time to start thinking about the Old Generations Tournament (OGT), which is the next scheduled official tournament. The format for matches in the OGT is a best-of-five in the tiers RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, HGSS OU, and BW2 OU.

The Ubers subforum is currently hosting ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand, which is a standard ORAS Ubers best-of-three, double elimination tournament. ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand is starting to wrap up as it has progressed to Round 7, and only three players currently remain. Advanced Threesome is a best-of-three tournament in the tiers ADV Ubers, ADV OU, and ADV UU, and it is currently in Round 3. The Little Couples tour has an interesting format of featuring ORAS LC double battles, and @Jethalal and @Edna are scheduled to battle each other in the final round.

Server Games News

Other News

Articles Project Begins

Hello and welcome to the first edition of Pokémon Online (PO) News! The purpose of PO News is to inform the reader of various current events happening on Pokémon Online. This edition of PO News /*PO News was mentioned two sentences ago and I felt this and the next "news" felt awkward*/covers news about our main tiers, forum tournaments, server games, and more.

Tier News

Dugtrio Banned from UU

Dugtrio's Arena Trap ability allowed it to easily trap and KO or cripple key checks and counters, which created ample opportunities for its teammates to sweep. Dugtrio's pitiful bulk did limit its opportunities to switch in, but having VoltTurn support, switching strategically, holding Focus Sash, or simply just revenge killing gave Dugtrio ways to get onto the field anyway. Note that since Dugtrio is now banned from ORAS UU, it is also banned from ORAS LU.

Sablenite Suspect in OU

Magic Bounce, decent bulk, and access to reliable recovery make Mega Sableye an extremely valuable entry hazard control Pokémon on stall teams, which contributed to Mega Sableye becoming a suspect. Pro-ban arguments have stated that Mega Sableye's ability to block hazards makes it too difficult to wear down stall teams and that Mega Sableye can be a part of restrictive cores, especially when paired with a trapper. Anti-ban arguments have stated that there are a few common Pokémon that can get up hazards against Mega Sableye such as Clefable, offensive Garchomp, offensive Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mold Breaker Excadrill. Additional arguments against banning Mega Sableye are that it can be worn down by U-turn and Volt Switch, it is pressured by powerful wallbreakers, and it is setup fodder for Calm Mind users andor /*wanted to use less "users", changed to "or" to clarify CM and SD aren't used on the same mons*/Lum Berry Swords Dance users. While pro-ban and anti-ban arguments have been presented, most suspect posters are currently leaning toward not banning Mega Sableye from ORAS OU.

Registeel Suspect in NU

Registeel has 80 / 150 / 150 defensive stats, which isare extremely good by NU standards, and it has access to helpful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. However, Registeel has no reliable recovery, and it is relatively passive with Seismic Toss usually being its best option for damage output unless it runs a Curse set with Iron Head. Registeel's Steel typing gives it several useful resistances, but it leaves Registeel weak to Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type moves. The suspect discussion is currently leaning toward a ban.

Audinite Suspect in NU

Mega Audino is currently being suspected in ORAS NU. Mega Audino has 103 / 126 / 126 defensive stats, as well as access to Wish and Calm Mind, giving it the potential to be a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. However, Mega Audino needs to use Calm Mind a few times before it gets significant damage output with Dazzling Gleam because its Special Attack stat is lackluster. Due to its passive nature, Mega Audino can create opportunities to setup for foes such as Klinklang. Mega Audino is also vulnerable to Taunt users such as Skuntank. The suspect discussion is currently leaning against a ban.

Tournament News

In Official Tournament news, the Lower Tier Triathlon (LTT) is well underway. The format for matches in the LTT is a best of -of-/*this and the other "best of"s were made to be consistent with one later on; I preferred the one with the hyphen, not sure if one is technically more correct*/three in the tiers ORAS UU, ORAS LU, and ORAS NU. The LTT is currently in Round 4, which is the quarter-final. With the LTT scheduled to wrap up by the end of the month, it is time to start thinking about the OGT (Old Generations Tournament (OGT)/*consistency with LTT above*/, which is the next scheduled official tournament. The format for matches in the OGT is a best of -of-five in the tiers RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, HGSS OU, and BW2 OU.

The Ubers subforum is currently hosting ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand, which is a standard ORAS Ubers best of -of-three, double elimination tournament. ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand is starting to wrap up, as it has progressed to Round 7, and only three players currently remain. Advanced Threesome is a best-of-three tournament in the tiers ADV Ubers, ADV OU, and ADV UU, and it is currently in Round 3. The Little Couples tour has an interesting format of featuring ORAS LC double battles, and @Jethalal and @Edna are scheduled to battle each other in the final round.

Server Games News

Other News

Articles Project Begins

I did read to the end, but I guess I didn't notice anything glaring.

30. Sobi

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    No hyphens here please. The only reason I added a hyphen in my check is because it was being used as a prepositive adjective--ie, it is before the noun.

He is a well-known writer.

On the other hand, postpositive adjectives, such as in the above two instances, are not hyphenated when used as a compound adjective.

The writer is well known.

So unless the noun comes straight after the best of x, no hyphen!

31. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Updated the OP to match RedJoker25's check except for the parts that violated the rule mentioned in Sobi's post.

Sobi likes this.
  32. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Update #2: Melle fights Mr.378 in the ORAS Ubers the last chapter tour. Melle being in the losers brack means he has win 2 sets of bo3 matches to win the tour. Mr.378 just 1.
    e: 'tis chapter, not stand in there.
    e2: ltt semis on as well.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  33. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I updated the tour news with the following changes.

Change 1:
    The LTT is currently in the semi-finals, which feature Casparov vs Kushalos and Finchinator vs ZoroDark.

Change 2:
    ORAS Ubers | The Last Stand has progressed to the finals, which feature Mr.378 vs La.Melle2402.

I purposely excluded tags for this post. I'm setting this to the [Final] stage, so if there are any more grammar or content changes that need to be made, feel free to post. Barring anything major, this will probably be released around this time tomorrow.

34. Sobi

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    jsyk HP + Def + SDef = bulk, Def + SDef = defenses / defensive stats

35. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Update #3: Advanced Threesomes Final. Hassin627 vs LittleRoot fight it out!
    e: OGT Signups.
    e2: Mr.378 won ORAS Ubers the Last Stand! Edna won the Little Couples Tour!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  36. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    For future instances of this type of article, I feel like we need to set a specific date that it will be released on, as well as a specific cutoff date for the addition or change of items on the article. If we keep constantly updating the article, it simply won't get released.

In this situation where we don't have a deadline, I'd recommend making changes to reflect the current state of the forum tournaments, especially due to the Old Gens Tournament being an official tournament. I'd also consider Sobi's point on bulk before publishing.

Joyverse likes this.
  37. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Yea, this article type should be released closer to the beginning of the month ideally. I don't mind setting a planned released date in advance since this should be a monthly article. The article has been updated to reflect changes mentioned, and I'll probably release it in a few minutes.

Joyverse likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.