1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Released] Move Showcase: Quiver Dance

Discussion in 'Article Review' started by Joyverse, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    [​IMG]
    Ever since its introduction in Generation V, Quiver Dance has been one of the best setup moves. It boosts the user's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by one stage, the Special Attack boost making any special sweeper deadly and the Special Defense boost making knocking it out a harder job. Generation VII also gave three new Bug-type Pokémon, Cutiefly, Ribombee, and Pheromosa, access to Quiver Dance.

However, only a limited number of Pokémon get to learn it, and an even more limited number of Pokémon are able to use it effectively. Showcased in this article are some of the most notable Quiver Dance users in the game thanks to their viable movepool, abilities, and stats.

Volcarona
    [​IMG]

Volcarona is, by far, the best Quiver Dance user yet. A great special stat spread of 135 / 105 backed by a solid base 100 Speed makes it a deadly special sweeper. Its Fire and Bug STAB types form a potent combo; this along with its Grass coverage makes it one of the potent sweepers in OU.

Back when it was introduced in Generation V, it saw usage on all kinds of teams: on sun teams, it made use of the weather's boost to Fire-type moves to plow through teams, and on rain, it gained fully accurate Hurricanes.

However, losing 50% of its health every time it switched into Stealth Rock, the prevalence of Heatran and Chansey, and the addition of Pokémon like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame in Generation VI made it a risky option to use.

The standard set puts Volcarona at 310 Speed so it can outrun Jolly Landorus-T, meaning with a Quiver Dance boost, it outruns even Choice Scarf Landorus-T. With the Special Attack boost, it can utilize Fire Blast to power through anything that doesn't resist it. The Special Defense boost combined with a Passho Berry helps it to take on some pretty powerful Water-type moves, such as a Hydro Pump from Keldeo. Volcarona can then hit back with Giga Drain and recover off any lost damage. Bug Buzz or Hidden Power Ground generally rounds off its coverage. Bug Buzz gives it a solid secondary STAB move that can break through the likes of Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and bulky Psychic-types like Cresselia, whereas Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran and Volcanion.​

Venomoth
    [​IMG]
    Back when Baton Pass ran rampant on PO, Venomoth used to sit on the throne of ORAS LU because of its ability to pass Quiver Dance boosts to even more threatening partners like Exploud, Sigilyph, Nidoqueen, and Meloetta. It was able to hold its own with moves like Sludge Bomb, which kept the Fairy-types at bay, and Bug Buzz, which just ran down through many of the tier's Psychic-types. But then, Venomoth was banned.

It's a different story in UU, though... Thanks to Venomoth's middling base 90 Speed, even with a Quiver Dance boost under its scaly wings, it's slower than the majority of Choice Scarf users in the tier. These include Mienshao, Infernape, and Hydreigon. Choice Scarf Darmanitan also happens to Speed tie with Venomoth after a boost. Venomoth is cleanly OHKOed by Mienshao's Stone Edge and Infernape or Darmanitan's Flare Blitz. Steel-types don't care about Sludge Bomb, but Venomoth can cripple them pretty nicely with Sleep Powder.

The boosts gained through Quiver Dance and an ability that doubles the power of resisted moves in Tinted Lens make switching into it a difficult task. It can easily plow through Psychic-types like Cresselia and Celebi. Fairy-types like Slurpuff and Florges should be worried of a boosted Sludge Bomb. Even without using Sleep Powder, it can make setup fodder out of Pokémon like Florges and Aromatisse because of the Special Defense boosts making it more stable against them and the Special Attack boost mitigating Moonblast's otherwise crippling stat drops. Only the few Pokémon that have a 4x resistance to Bug Buzz can risk switching into it.

Vivillon
    [​IMG]

Vivillon is the only Pokémon introduced Generation VI to get access to Quiver Dance. It is, however, a gem of a Pokémon to have found a cozy place in the NU tier. With Compound Eyes, it gains a near-accurate Sleep Powder and Hurricane. It's able to spam a dangerously powered move that's further supported by Quiver Dance and the move's Speed boost, making it outrun the entire unboosted metagame and a threat that should always be considered. It can also make use of Energy Ball and Hidden Power Ground to take care of threats it can't otherwise thanks to the Special Attack boost it gains from Quiver Dance.

If that's not enough, it can go for a bulkier Substitute-based set that gives it more staying power in exchange of foregoing coverage. However, its Speed stat makes it an easy target for faster Pokémon in the tier like Scyther, Tauros, and Pyroar if it hasn't set up a Quiver Dance before. Its subpar defenses combined with a 4x Stealth Rock weakness cripples it to an extent. However, if it gets to set up Quiver Dance thanks to Sleep Powder, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.
    Lilligant
    [​IMG]
    Lilligant is another gem of NU. As of Generation 6, it was the only non-Bug type to have access to Quiver Dance. As a result, it isn't weak to Stealth Rock, which is an advantage it has over many of the other Quiver Dancer users. While its typing makes it weak to five types in total, it has two pretty solid abilities—Own Tempo and Chlorophyll—that let it utilize all the strong STAB moves it gets.

Quiver Dance with Own Tempo has to be the most common combination that Lilligant uses in NU. Sleep Powder is used to create opportunities to set up. Life Orb helps to maximize the damage dealt after setting up Quiver Dance. Lilligant's main move is generally Petal Dance, which doesn't confuse it due to Own Tempo; however, it is risky, as it locks Lilligant into the move for a maximum of three turns. This makes it easy for Pokémon with Sap Sipper, such as Sliggoo and Bouffalant, to switch into it. Giga Drain can be used over Petal Dance for an passive way to gain lost health. Hidden Power Rock or Fire is generally the third move to round off coverage against foes that resist Grass. Hidden Power Rock is used to OHKO Scyther, and it additionally hits Pyroar, Magmortar, and Crygonal for super effective damage. Hidden Power Fire hits Bug-, Steel-, and opposing Grass-types for super effective damage.

The combination of Quiver Dance with Chlorophyll under the sun gives Vivillon a powerful Solar Beam that doesn't require a charging turn and a boosted Hidden Power Fire that is enough to take care of Steel-, Bug-, and opposing Grass-types like Magneton, Scyther, and Shiftry. Since it always holds a Life Orb, Giga Drain can be used for the fourth move alongside Quiver Dance, Solar Beam, and Hidden Power Fire. Alternatively, Sleep Powder can be used to make it easier to set up Quiver Dance.

A look into the future..
    The new generation has given us three new Pokémon that learn Quiver Dance: Cutiefly, Ribombee, and Pheromosa. This generation has also given two Pokémon from previous generations access to this move: Wormadam and Bellossom.

Pheromosa is often see running a four attacks set with Life Orb due to its extreme offenses and paper-thin bulk. Pheromosa's low defenses prevent it from having many opportunities to set up Quiver Dance, and its Speed and Special Attack are already so high that it does not usually need to boost them further. However, with or without Quiver Dance, Pheromosa is a force to be reckoned with.

Cutiefly, as of now, is the only LC-legal Pokémon with access to Quiver Dance. It has a double resistance to Fighting thanks to its Bug / Fairy typing, it could see a lot of usage in SM LC. It has access to strong STAB moves such as Bug Buzz and Moonblast. While it has a Stealth Rock weakness and both its STAB moves are resisted by Steel and Fire, these weaknesses can be mitigated by entry hazard-controlling teammates and Hidden Power Ground for the third move slot to take care of both Fire- and Steel-types.

Ribombee is one of the fastest Pokémon around with a base Speed stat of 124. This combined with Quiver Dance means that with a single boost, it will be able to outrun the entire unboosted OU metagame. One thing that remains to be seen is whether or not its Speed, typing, and access to Quiver Dance will be enough to keep it in OU, since it has an average base 95 Special Attack and an even lower base 70 Special Defense.

Oricorio, while not learning Quiver Dance, can copy a Quiver Dance thanks to its unique Dancer ability. Dancer copies any other dance-based moves, which could give it the chance to pull off a Quiver Dance sweep in the right situation.

Wormadam and Bellossom can now learn Quiver Dance! Having seen almost no usage even in NU, only time will tell if the move will help them become more noticeable threats in the metagame.

Joyverse - Writer
    Professor Oak - QC
    E.T. - QC, Grammar
    Spoovo The Pirate - QC
    Xdevo - QC
    Sobi - Grammar
    Annoying Orange - Artist

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
  2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Why is Venomoth an honourable mention? It is bulkier and faster (slightly) than Vivillon, and its typing is superior defensively. It also gets Tinted Lens which is a huge plus. Sure, it misses out on 97.5% accurate Sleep Powder and only gets the 75% chance instead, and it lacks the sheer power of Hurricane, but it shouldn't just be an "honourable mention" in my opinion - especially considering it is currently UU in our tiers.

"Aptly named by many players" nope, only you. Remove that line too.

3. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    The reason why I decided to give it an honourable mention was it only truly performed in LU from which it was banned from during the pre BP metagame. UU not so much imo. Though I'll try to do what you said.
    Yeah would remove that line hehe.

4. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I agree that Venomoth should be more than an honorable mention since it is UU, and discussing how it performed before the Baton Pass ban would probably be okay. I think having Quiver Dance in the title instead would be more intuitive.

5. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

I'd also place Venomoth over Lilligant on the viability thing. Lilligant's only real drawing point is that it learns the move, but is not a Bug-type. Sleep Power? Vivillon and Venomoth get it. Grass moves? Literally everything with Quiver Dance gets it. Own Tempo is a thing, but not much of one.

If you want an honourable mention, I'd honestly mention something like Masquerain or even Dustox. Masquerain has that weird movepool and combination of Intimidate + usable bulk + Scald + recovery that makes it really bastarding to deal with, and Dustox has a solid niche as a defensive Quiver Dancer, something no one else really does.

Granted, these guys are even more NU than the NU guys, but if you're looking for something that's a bit unique with the move, I'd say they're good choices.

6. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I would probably discuss them by tier, so it would be Volcarona > Venomoth > Vivillon > Lilligant. Own Tempo can be handy since Lilligant can run that with Petal Dance. I thought about mentioning Masquerain, but I think the only hope it had of being relevant was as a Quiver Dance passer, and even then, its viability was debatable, so now that Baton Pass is banned, there isn't a reason to use it. Dustox is too irrelevant to mention. If PO had a lower tier than the metagame that is currently NU, these two might be worth mentioning, but since we don't, I wouldn't discuss them.

7. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Venomoth is obviously better than Vivillon and Lilligant as evidenced by the fact that Venomoth is literally banned in LU.

Venomoth suffers in that it's too good for LU (though we haven't retested it since the BP ban which we really should do) but pretty trash in UU and therefore sees almost no use in any tier.

8. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Changed tag to WIP. Nearly completed Rona, will go over the rest soon. Did all the other suggested changes except for Dustox and Masquerain, they could be worth a mention I guess.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  9. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    BUMP.

I added the sets to have you guys look over it. I have used all of the sets mentioned in there except for Venomoth, because I have never used Venomoth in UU ever. So I could use a bit of help there.

Any other comments?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  10. Spoovo The Pirate

Well, running the assumption that Lilligant and Vivillon are going to be having stuff written about them, the only other 'mon I can think of mentioning would be Bellossom, which is set to receive Quiver Dance in Gen 7 (as the datamining found out). While it obviously won't lift Bellossom to anything extraordinary, it'll certainly give it a niche over cousin Vileplume, and indeed other Grass-types. Of course, Lilligant gets it too, but Bellossom is bulkier. That's something... I guess? *shrug*

Joyverse likes this.
  11. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    In Gen7, not just Bellossom but Wormadam, Ribombee and, UB-02 Beauty get QD.
    I'll keep your suggestions in my head for now. In the meantime, I'll wait for others to drop in more stuff as I am unsure as to whether to have a section for Gen7 or not atm. :V

12. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    These sets seem okay, but one issue that I see is that when you get into the Volcarona analysis the focus seems to shift from Quiver Dance to just using Volcarona. Out of those three paragraphs, you only mention Quiver Dance explicitly once and indirectly a couple of times.
    Mentioning the Speed boost from Quiver Dance is good. In addition, you could also discuss the effects of the increased Special Attack or the fact that the increased Special Defense can make it more difficult for Water-types such as Choice Scarf Keldeo to revenge kill it.

Basically, I'm hoping that this article can be an article about Quiver Dance with examples discussed rather than an analysis of a few Pokemon sets that contain Quiver Dance. You can post specific sets if you want, but I don't think it is overly necessary. Keeping that in mind, when you discuss a set, it doesn't necessarily have to be something that is current. For Venomoth, you could discuss how it worked as a Quiver Dance passer in LU. Technically, you could, and probably should, discuss what Quiver Dance was like in Gen 5 as well because there's a lot more sets for Volcarona that could be mentioned due to the amount of weather support Gen 5 had. Even if it is only briefly discussed in the intro, the article should probably discuss when Quiver Dance was introduced. In this same line of thought (discussing sets that aren't necessarily current), Smeargle could be discussed more as well.

Joyverse likes this.
  13. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    While I was going to do something like that. Your idea is also useful. I can go ahead and edit out the OP and mention the stuff you told me about.

Edit: How is this version looking for a change?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  14. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    This seems to be on a better track. "How does Quiver Dance help it" probably shouldn't be its own section since the text above should already include ways that Quiver Dance helps it as part of the discussion. It just needs to be fleshed out and polished.

Joyverse likes this.
  15. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Fleshed it out a bit. I'll try to finish my draft by the weekend. Because I might end up being busier irl due to upcoming exams. :/

16. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Change the alignment of the body text because centered doesn't look good.
    This can probably be merged with the introductory paragraph.
    This needs more details. At the very least, it needs to be more eloquently worded than stuff like "Sun Team? Check."
    Wonder Skin probably deserves a mention here since it can reduce the accuracy of opposing status moves, such as Roar, Thunder Wave, and Taunt, by 50%. Tinted Lens was more valuable overall, but Wonder Skin was viable on BP sets. Also, "But then, it was banned" should clarify whether it is referring to Baton Pass or Venomoth.
    I don't think Steel-types ever need to worry about Sludge Bomb, but Bug Buzz still has the potential to be threatening thanks to Tinted Lens. I don't like the usage of "setup fodder" because that implies that the Steel-type will be rendered useless, but Sleep Powder only has 75% accuracy, and even if it does hit, there is a 33% the Pokemon could wake up the next turn, assuming that Venomoth was faster.
    Don't mention Reuniclus in this context because it is banned from ORAS UU.
    This bit is redundant since you've already told the reader that it's worth trying. At the very least, I don't think it deserves to be a standalone statement.
    "the only Pokémon introduced in Generation VI"
    "Combine this with Quiver Dance and you know what to look at." -- This sentence is awkward.
    Set options, Stealth Rock, priority users, Magmortar, Steel-types, and Electric-types are all additional things that could be discussed as long as you don't drift too far away from Quiver Dance. I think that Volcarona and Venomoth look better in that regard now.

17. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    For consistency with the the other move showcase article, you should include sets and also talk about them.

Also your paragraphing is a bit weird, you like to use a lot of line breaks but it looks very unprofessional.
    would look much better as

the same for the other paragraphs. although i would not worry about this too much b/c it's more gp stuff

Joyverse likes this.
  18. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Alright Sir! Would do what you told me to! :v

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  19. Spoovo The Pirate

In terms of the format, I think we're still figuring that out lol. So things will probably look a bit different til we've made a decision?

E.T. likes this.
  20. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Implicitly making the sets known also might work. I had earlier added the most common sets up there. But then I decided not to, lemme finish my skeleton up please! :x

21. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I disagree. If the addition of sets act as an example to further the current discussion (e.g. Quiver Dance, Scald, etc) then they can be added, but I don't want Move Showcase turning into a series of miniature Pokemon of the Week articles that all have a common move, which was the direction this article was heading when it had sets previously.

It is also worth noting that since this is a new article type, there is no set format yet. The format for Move Showcase will need to be flexible though because you can't exactly go about writing a Quiver Dance article the same way you would write a Scald article when Quiver Dance only has a handful of users and Scald has too many to mention.

22. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Sounds really bad coming from an Articles Leader but I gotta delay this a bit more. Up until next week I believe, due to my upcoming exams. Sorry if I cause any unnecessary problems due to me not editing this article for a while. :<
    Hopefully I might be still on the forums to check over the other articles but this article will have to stay incomplete for a while.

23. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Almost done with this, will end this soon and shift it to grammar in about a week. Drop in comments till then! :3

24. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    May need to reword this when you add Gen 7 stuff.

Please double space between paragraphs or indent them (preferably double space though) so that it is easier to read.
    I would prefer if you didn't use "and so on", especially if you are only listing one thing before it.
    I can see Vivillon running Energy Ball for Rock-types and Lanturn, and I can see it running Hidden Power Ground for Magneton, but what do HP Rock, HP Ice, and HP Fire hit? I don't think the latter three should ever be used, so don't mention those. It would probably also be better to include examples of what Energy Ball and HP Ground hit.

For the Gen 7 stuff, I think it would be okay if you just briefly discuss Pheromosa, Ribombee, and Bellossom in one section, unless you already feel knowledgeable enough about them to write full sections.

25. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Mixed Lilligant and Vivillon together cause I sux.

26. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Moved this to [Grammar] to have the GP do any intial grammar checks. Done with the content. Should anything be added or removed?
    E: I noticed that Lilligant isn't fully done. Will get to it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  27. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    Ever since its introduction in Generation V., Quiver Dance has been one of the best setup moves. It boosts the user's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by one stage each for every use. T, the Special Attack and Speed boosts make any S making any special sweeper a far more deadlier sweeper. Ty and the Special Defense boost makesing knocking it out from the Special side a harder job.
    In terms of availability, this move is generally seen in the learnmovesets of Bug-Ttype Pokemon that have a resemble butterflies or moths. But, although [unnecessary information. yes this is an article, yes we can be informal, but there is no need to mention this. it just does not fit in ):] there are exceptions in the forms of Lilligant, Bellossom, Wormadam, and of course Smeargle. Generation VII also gave three new Bug-type Pokemon:, Cutiefly, Ribombee, and UB-02 Beauty: Pheromosa, access to Quiver Dance, while they are both Bug-Type Pokemon.
    While a limited number of Pokemon get to learn it. A, and an even more limited number of Pokemon are able to make full advantage out of it, thanks to their viable movepools, abilities and stats. Showcased here are some of the most notable Quiver Dance users in the game thanks to their viable movepools, abilities, and stats.

Volcarona is, by far, the best Quiver Dance user yet. A great special stat spread of 135 / 105 backed by a solid base 100 Speed makes for a deadly special sweeper. Its Fire and Bug STAB types make for a potent combo,; this, along with its Grass coverage, makes it one of the potent sweepers in OU.
    Back when it was introduced in Generation V. It saw usage ion all kinds of teams. In Sun TOn sun teams, it made use of the weather's boost to Fire -type moves to plow through teams. And in Ron rain, it gained a 100%fully accurate Hurricane.
    But it
    s.
    However,
    losing 50% of its health every time it switches into a Stealth Rock laden field, the ever presentprevalence of Heatran and Chansey, and the addition of Pokemon like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame in Generation VI has made it a risky option to use.
    The standard set puts Volcarona at 310 Speed so it can outrun Jolly Landorus-Therian. That means,, meaning with a Quiver Dance boost. I, it outruns even Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian. With the Special Attack boost it gains from it, it can utilize Fire Blast to power through anything that doesn't resist Fireit. The Special Defense boost, if combined with a Passho Berry helps it to take on some pretty insanely damaging Water powerful Water-type moves, such as a Hydro Pump from Keldeo. Volcarona can then hit back with Giga Drain and recover off any lost damage in the process. Bug Buzz or Hidden Power Ground generally rounds off its attackscoverage. Bug Buzz gives it a solid secondary STAB move that can break through the likes of Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and bulky Psychic -types like Cresselia, whereas Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran and Volcanion.

Back when Baton Pass ran rampant in PO., Venomoth used to sit on the throne of ORAS LU because of its ability to pass Quiver Dance boosts to even more threatening partners like Exploud, Sigilyph, Nidoqueen, and Meloetta. It was able to hold its own with moves lilke Sludge Bomb, which kept the Fairy -types at bay,; and Bug Buzz, which just ran down through many of the tier's Psychic -types. But then, Venomoth was banned.
    It's a different story in UU, though... Thanks to its middling base 90 Speed, even with a Quiver Dance boost under its scaly wings still makes it, it's slower than athe majority of the Choice Scarf users in the tier. These include Mienshao, Infernape, and Hydreigon. Choice Scarf Darmanitan also happens to sSpeed tie with Venomoth after a boost. It also gets cleanly by OHKO'ded by Mienshao's Stone Edge and Infernape/ or Darmanitan's Flare Blitz, respectively. Steel -types don't need to worry about Sludge Bomb,; however, with Sleep Powder, it can take can cripple them pretty nicely.
    But in spite of such negatives, it is still worth a try in UU. The boosts gained through Quiver Dance and an ability that doubles the power of resisted moves:, Tinted Lens, make switching on into it a difficult task. It can easily plow through Psychic -types like Cresselia and Celebi. Fairy -types like Slurpuff and Florges should be worried of a boosted Sludge Bomb. Even without using Sleep Powder, it can make setup fodder out of Pokemon like Florges and Aromatisse because of the Special Defense boosts making it more stable against them and the Special Attack boost mitigating Moonblast's otherwise crippling stat drops. Only few Pokemon that hasve a 4x resistance to Bug Buzz can risk in a switch.

check part 1

Ever since its introduction in Generation V, Quiver Dance has been one of the best setup moves. It boosts the user's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by one stage, the Special Attack boost making any special sweeper deadly and the Special Defense boost making knocking it out a harder job.
    In terms of availability, this move is generally seen in the movesets of Bug-type Pokemon, although there are exceptions in Lilligant, Bellossom, Wormadam, and of course Smeargle. Generation VII also gave three new Bug-type Pokemon, Cutiefly, Ribombee, and Pheromosa, access to Quiver Dance.
    While a limited number of Pokemon get to learn it, and an even more limited number of Pokemon are able to make full advantage out of it. Showcased here are some of the most notable Quiver Dance users in the game thanks to their viable movepools, abilities, and stats.

Volcarona is, by far, the best Quiver Dance user yet. A great special stat spread of 135 / 105 backed by a solid base 100 Speed makes for a deadly special sweeper. Its Fire and Bug STAB types make for a potent combo; this, along with its Grass coverage, makes it one of the potent sweepers in OU.
    Back when it was introduced in Generation V. It saw usage on all kinds of teams. On sun teams, it made use of the weather's boost to Fire-type moves to plow through teams. And on rain, it gained fully accurate Hurricanes.
    However, losing 50% of its health every time it switches into Stealth Rock, the prevalence of Heatran and Chansey, and the addition of Pokemon like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame in Generation VI made it a risky option to use.
    The standard set puts Volcarona at 310 Speed so it can outrun Jolly Landorus-T, meaning with a Quiver Dance boost, it outruns even Choice Scarf Landorus-T. With the Special Attack boost, it can utilize Fire Blast to power through anything that doesn't resist it. The Special Defense boost combined with a Passho Berry helps it to take on some pretty powerful Water-type moves, such as a Hydro Pump from Keldeo. Volcarona can then hit back with Giga Drain and recover off any lost damage in the process. Bug Buzz or Hidden Power Ground generally rounds off its coverage. Bug Buzz gives it a solid secondary STAB move that can break through the likes of Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and bulky Psychic-types like Cresselia, whereas Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran and Volcanion.

Back when Baton Pass ran rampant in PO, Venomoth used to sit on the throne of ORAS LU because of its ability to pass Quiver Dance boosts to even more threatening partners like Exploud, Sigilyph, Nidoqueen, and Meloetta. It was able to hold its own with moves like Sludge Bomb, which kept the Fairy-types at bay; and Bug Buzz, which just ran down through many of the tier's Psychic-types. But then, Venomoth was banned.
    It's a different story in UU, though... Thanks to its middling base 90 Speed, even with a Quiver Dance boost under its scaly wings, it's slower than the majority of Choice Scarf users in the tier. These include Mienshao, Infernape, and Hydreigon. Choice Scarf Darmanitan also happens to Speed tie with Venomoth after a boost. It also gets cleanly OHKOed by Mienshao's Stone Edge and Infernape or Darmanitan's Flare Blitz, respectively. Steel-types don't need to worry about Sludge Bomb; however, with Sleep Powder, it can take can cripple them pretty nicely.
    But in spite of such negatives, it is still worth a try in UU. The boosts gained through Quiver Dance and an ability that doubles the power of resisted moves, Tinted Lens, make switching into it a difficult task. It can easily plow through Psychic-types like Cresselia and Celebi. Fairy-types like Slurpuff and Florges should be worried of a boosted Sludge Bomb. Even without using Sleep Powder, it can make setup fodder out of Pokemon like Florges and Aromatisse because of the Special Defense boosts making it more stable against them and the Special Attack boost mitigating Moonblast's otherwise crippling stat drops. Only few Pokemon that have a 4x resistance to Bug Buzz can risk in a switch.
    [​IMG]
    GP approved

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Joyverse likes this.
  28. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Thanks lol. I think the sentence speaking of its availability can be nixed out.
    Feel free to GP everything else 'cept Lilligant's part now.

29. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I went ahead and grammar checked Lilligant, but it also needs some QC.

"Pokemon like Scyther, Shiftry and Magneton have an easier time picking it off. However it is worth noting that due to Lilligant's boosted Special Defense, Magneton has a harder time picking it off."

This needs more clarity. Scyther can't switch in safely unless Lilligant is locked into Petal Dance because HP Rock is commonly used for coverage (hits Bug, Flying, and Fire---all of which resist Petal Dance). Shiftry actually has a 50% chance to be OHKO'd by Petal Dance on the switch if SR is up, and it only does a max of 82% if it is trying to revenge kill with Sucker Punch. Magneton doesn't work at all because it only 3HKOs after Quiver Dance, but Lilligant can 2HKO it with Petal Dance. In the check below, I just removed this section for now, but Choice Scarf Scyther should probably still be mentioned as a reliable revenge killer and check to variants that lack HP Rock. Hidden Power Rock definitely needs to be mentioned somewhere in the Lilligant section as well.

ALilligant is another gem of NU. As of Generation 6, it was the only non-Bug type to have access to Quiver Dance. That's not all though. IAs a result, it isn't weak to Stealth Rock, which is an advantage it has over many of the other Quiver Dancer users. While its typing makes it weak to 5five types in total. I, it has 2two pretty solid abilities in Own Tempo and Chlorophyll that let it utilise all the strong STAB moves it gets.

Quiver Dance with Own Tempo has to be most common combination that Lilligant uses in NU. Sleep Powder is used to crease up setup by putte opportuniting a foes to sleetup. Quiver Dance combined Life Orb helps to maximize the damage dealt after setting up Quiver Dance. ILilligant's STAB move is generally Petal Dance which doesn't confuse it due to Own Tempo,; however, it is risky as it locks Lilligant into the move for a maximum of 3three turns. This makes Lilligant an easy switch-in for Pokeémon with Sap Sipper like, such as Sliggoo and Bouffalant. Pokemon like Scyther, Shiftry and Magneton have an easwier time picking it off. However it is worth noting that due to Lilligant's boosted Special Defense, Magneton has a harder time picking it off.battle.

The combination of Quiver Dance with Chlorophyll under the Ssun gives it a powerful Solar Beam that doesn't require a charging turn and a boosted Hidden Power Fire that is enough to take care of Steel, Bug and opposing Grass types like Magneton, Scyther and Shiftry. Since it always holds a Life Orb, Giga Drain couldan be used for the 4th move alongside Quiver Dance, Solar Beam and Hidden Power Fire. Alternatively, Sleep Powder can also be used in herto make ito easier to setting up of Quiver Dance.
    Lilligant is another gem of NU. As of Generation 6, it was the only non-Bug type to have access to Quiver Dance. As a result, it isn't weak to Stealth Rock, which is an advantage it has over many of the other Quiver Dancer users. While its typing makes it weak to five types in total, it has two pretty solid abilities—Own Tempo and Chlorophyll—that let it utilise all the strong STAB moves it gets.

Quiver Dance with Own Tempo has to be most common combination that Lilligant uses in NU. Sleep Powder is used to create opportunities to setup. Life Orb helps to maximize the damage dealt after setting up Quiver Dance. Lilligant's STAB move is generally Petal Dance which doesn't confuse it due to Own Tempo; however, it is risky as it locks Lilligant into the move for a maximum of three turns. This makes it easy for Pokémon with Sap Sipper, such as Sliggoo and Bouffalant, to switch into battle.

The combination of Quiver Dance with Chlorophyll under the sun gives it a powerful Solar Beam that doesn't require a charging turn and a boosted Hidden Power Fire that is enough to take care of Steel, Bug and opposing Grass types like Magneton, Scyther and Shiftry. Since it always holds a Life Orb, Giga Drain can be used for the 4th move alongside Quiver Dance, Solar Beam and Hidden Power Fire. Alternatively, Sleep Powder can be used to make it easier to setup Quiver Dance.

You still need to say something else about Bellossom and Wormadam. If it is too soon to tell how effective they will be, due to them possibly being terrible in OU, then just state that. I added a little bit more detail in a couple of places with Pheromosa and Ribombee, but otherwise, I just checked grammar.
    The new generation has given us 3three new Pokeémon that learn Quiver Dance, namely the: Cutiefly Line, Ribombee, and UB02 -
    Pheromosa. This generation has also given two Pokeémon from previous generations access to this move: Wormadam and Bellossom.

Pheromosa, while is often see running a 4 attacks set with Life Orb due to its extreme offenses and paper thin bulk. TPheromosa's low defenses prevent it from having many opportunities to setup Quiver Dance set on it therefore is pretty much, and its Speed and Special Attack are already so high that it does non-existentt usually need to boost them further. However with or without Quiver Dance, itPheromosa is a force to be reckoned with.

Cutiefly as of now, is the only LC-legal Pokeémon with access to Quiver Dance. This, combined with its double resistance to Fighting due its Bug/Fairy typing, could see a lot of usage in Generation 7'sSM LC. As that is not allIn addition, it has access to strong dual STAB move in the form ofs such as Bug Buzz and Moonblast. While it has a Stealth Rock weakness and both its STAB moves being resisted by Steel and Fire, ithese weaknesses can be mitigated by hazard controlling teammates and Hidden Power Ground for the 3rd move slot to take care of bothe Fire- and Steel-types both.

ItRibombee, Cutiefly's evolution: Ribombee, is one of the fastest Pokeémon around with a base Speed stat of 124. This combined with Quiver Dance means that with a single boost it' will be able to outrun the entire unboosted OU metagame. However a quoestion stands fOne thing that remains to be seen is whether or it: Willnot its sSpeed, typing, and Quiver Dance will be enough to keep it in OU or willsince it has an average base 95 Special Attack push it further beand an even low? Not to mention, it's below averageer base 70 Special Defense of 70 isn't patched up easily even with a Quiver Dance under it.

Oricorio, while not learning Quiver Dance, can copy a Quiver Dance due to its uniquwe Dancer ability: Dancer. Dancer also copies any other dance-based moves when used in front of Oricorio!, which could give it the chance to pull off a Quiver Dance sweep in the right situation.
    The new generation has given us three new Pokémon that learn Quiver Dance: Cutiefly, Ribombee, and Pheromosa. This generation has also given two Pokémon from previous generations access to this move: Wormadam and Bellossom.

Pheromosa is often see running a 4 attacks set with Life Orb due to its extreme offenses and paper thin bulk. Pheromosa's low defenses prevent it from having many opportunities to setup Quiver Dance, and its Speed and Special Attack are already so high that it does not usually need to boost them further. However with or without Quiver Dance, Pheromosa is a force to be reckoned with.

Cutiefly as of now, is the only LC-legal Pokémon with access to Quiver Dance. This, combined with its double resistance to Fighting due its Bug/Fairy typing, could see a lot of usage in SM LC. In addition, it has access to strong STAB moves such as Bug Buzz and Moonblast. While it has a Stealth Rock weakness and both its STAB moves being resisted by Steel and Fire, these weaknesses can be mitigated by hazard controlling teammates and Hidden Power Ground for the 3rd move slot to take care of both Fire and Steel types.

Ribombee, Cutiefly's evolution, is one of the fastest Pokémon around with a base Speed stat of 124. This combined with Quiver Dance means that with a single boost it will be able to outrun the entire unboosted OU metagame. One thing that remains to be seen is whether or not its Speed, typing, and Quiver Dance will be enough to keep it in OU since it has an average base 95 Special Attack and an even lower base 70 Special Defense.

Oricorio, while not learning Quiver Dance, can copy a Quiver Dance due to its unique Dancer ability. Dancer copies any other dance-based moves when used in front of Oricorio, which could give it the chance to pull off a Quiver Dance sweep in the right situation.

Joyverse likes this.
  30. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Really appreciate the QC. I had a few wide gaps here and there, thanks! :D

Will start making the changes soon.

31. Sobi

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    I made some very very small changes to @E.T. 's check, implement this please.

E.T. likes this.
  32. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Yo guys missed Vivillon kek!
    Did the other changes too. Added in Wormadam and Bellossom mentions. Kinda added a few lines in Lilligant could use some QC there and such.

33. Sobi

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    idk who edited my post but luckily i got the c/p

raw text ^^^^

GP approved

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Joyverse likes this.
  34. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Aye, done! Moved this to [Final]. Will post this once E.T. approves.

35. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Bumping. I'll be posting this in the next 24 hours as I also have to advertise it at Facebook.

If you guys have any other finishing comments, then make sure to do it within this timespan!

36. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Before I can approve it, the OP needs to be updated, which it currently isn't. This shows the difference between the OP and Sobi's grammar check, minus some headings and formatting.

Ever since its introduction in Generation V, Quiver Dance has been one of the best setup moves. It boosts the user's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by one stage, the Special Attack boost making any special sweeper deadly and the Special Defense boost making knocking it out a harder job. Generation VII also gave three new Bug-type Pokémon, Cutiefly, Ribombee, and Pheromosa, access to Quiver Dance.

However, only a limited number of Pokémon get to learn it, and an even more limited number of Pokémon are able to take advantage here. Showcased in this article are some of the most notable Quiver Dance users in the game thanks to their viable movepool, abilities, and stats.
    Volcarona is, by far, the best Quiver Dance user yet. A great special offenses stat spread of 135 / 105 backed by a solid base 100 Speed makes forit a deadly special sweeper. Its Fire and Bug STAB types make form a potent combo; this, along with its Grass coverage, makes it one of the potent sweepers in OU.

Back when it was introduced in Generation V. I, it saw usage on all kinds of teams. O: on sun teams, it made use of the weather's boost to Fire-type moves to plow through teams. A, and on rain, it gained fully accurate Hurricanes.

However, losing 50% of its health every time it switchesd into Stealth Rock, the prevalence of Heatran and Chansey, and the addition of Pokeémon like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame in Generation VI made it a risky option to use.

The standard set puts Volcarona at 310 Speed so it can outrun Jolly Landorus-T, meaning with a Quiver Dance boost, it outruns even Choice Scarf Landorus-T. With the Special Attack boost, it can utilize Fire Blast to power through anything that doesn't resist it. The Special Defense boost combined with a Passho Berry helps it to take on some pretty powerful Water-type moves, such as a Hydro Pump from Keldeo.

Volcarona can then hit back with Giga Drain and recover off any lost damage in the process. Bug Buzz or Hidden Power Ground generally rounds off its coverage. Bug Buzz gives it a solid secondary STAB move that can break through the likes of Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and bulky Psychic-types like Cresselia, whereas Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran and Volcanion.

Back when Baton Pass ran rampant ion PO, Venomoth used to sit on the throne of ORAS LU because of its ability to pass Quiver Dance boosts to even more threatening partners like Exploud, Sigilyph, Nidoqueen, and Meloetta. It was able to hold its own with moves like Sludge Bomb, which kept the Fairy-types at bay; and Bug Buzz, which just ran down through many of the tier's Psychic-types. But then, Venomoth was banned.

It's a different story in UU, though... Thanks to itVenomoth's middling base 90 Speed, even with a Quiver Dance boost under its scaly wings, it's slower than the majority of Choice Scarf users in the tier. These include Mienshao, Infernape, and Hydreigon. Choice Scarf Darmanitan also happens to Speed tie with Venomoth after a boost. It also getVenomoth is cleanly OHKOed by Mienshao's Stone Edge and Infernape or Darmanitan's Flare Blitz, respectively. Steel-types don't need to worrycare about Sludge Bomb; however, with Sleep Powder, it can takebut Venomoth can cripple them pretty nicely. But in sp wite of such negatives, it is still worth a try in UU. Sleep Powder.

The boosts gained through Quiver Dance and an ability that doubles the power of resisted moves, in Tinted Lens, make switching into it a difficult task. It can easily plow through Psychic-types like Cresselia and Celebi. Fairy-types like Slurpuff and Florges should be worried of a boosted Sludge Bomb. Even without using Sleep Powder, it can make setup fodder out of Pokeémon like Florges and Aromatisse because of the Special Defense boosts making it more stable against them and the Special Attack boost mitigating Moonblast's otherwise crippling stat drops. Only few Pokeémon that have a 4x resistance to Bug Buzz can risk in a switch.

Vivillon is the only Pokémon introduced Generation VI to get access to Quiver Dance. It is, however, a gem of a Pokémon to have found a cozy place in the NU tier. With Compound Eyes, it gains a near-accurate Sleep Powder and Hurricane. It's able to spam a dangerously powered move that's further supported by Quiver Dance and the move's Speed boost, making it outrun the entire unboosted metagame and a threat that should always be considered. It can also make use of Energy Ball and Hidden Power Ground to take care of threats it can't otherwise thanks to the Special Attack boost it gains from Quiver Dance.

If that's not enough, it can go for a bulkier Substitute-based set that gives it more staying power in exchange of foregoing coverage. However, its Speed stat makes it an easy target for faster Pokémon in the tier like Scyther, Tauros, and Pyroar if it hasn't set up a Quiver Dance before. It subpar defenses combined with a 4x Stealth Rock weakness cripples it to an extent. However, if it gets to set up Quiver Dance thanks to Sleep Powder, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Lilligant is another gem of NU. As of Generation 6, it was the only non-Bug type to have access to Quiver Dance. As a result, it isn't weak to Stealth Rock, which is an advantage it has over many of the other Quiver Dancer users. While its typing makes it weak to five types in total, it has two pretty solid abilities—Own Tempo and Chlorophyll—that let it utilize all the strong STAB moves it gets.

Quiver Dance with Own Tempo has to be most common combination that Lilligant uses in NU. Sleep Powder is used to create opportunities to set up. Life Orb helps to maximize the damage dealt after setting up Quiver Dance. Lilligant's STABmain move is generally Petal Dance, which doesn't confuse it due to Own Tempo; however, it is risky, as it locks Lilligant into the move for a maximum of three turns. This makes it easy for Pokémon with Sap Sipper, such as Sliggoo and Bouffalant, to switch into it. Giga Drain can be used over Petal Dance for an passive way to gain lost health. Hidden Power Rock or Fire is generally the third move to round off coverage against foes that resist Grass moves. Hidden Power Rock is used to one-shotOHKO Scyther, it additionally hits Pyroar and, Magmortar, as well asnd Crygonal for super- effective damage. Hidden Power Fire hits Bug-, Steel-, and opposing Grass-types for super- effective damage.

The combination of Quiver Dance with Chlorophyll under the sun gives itVivillon a powerful Solar Beam that doesn't require a charging turn and a boosted Hidden Power Fire that is enough to take care of Steel-, Bug-, and opposing Grass-types like Magneton, Scyther, and Shiftry. Since it always holds a Life Orb, Giga Drain can be used for the fourth move alongside Quiver Dance, Solar Beam, and Hidden Power Fire. Alternatively, Sleep Powder can be used to make it easier to set up Quiver Dance.

Pheromosa is often see running a four attacks set with Life Orb due to its extreme offenses and paper-thin bulk. Pheromosa's low defenses prevent it from having many opportunities to set up Quiver Dance, and its Speed and Special Attack are already so high that it does not usually need to boost them further. However, with or without Quiver Dance, Pheromosa is a force to be reckoned with.

Cutiefly, as of now, is the only LC-legal Pokémon with access to Quiver Dance. It, combined withThanks to its double resistance to Fighting thanks to its Bug / Fairy typing, it could see a lot of usage in SM LC. It has access to strong STAB moves such as Bug Buzz and Moonblast. While it has a Stealth Rock weakness and both its STAB moves are resisted by Steel and Fire, these weaknesses can be mitigated by entry hazard-controlling teammates and Hidden Power Ground for the third move slot to take care of both Fire- and Steel-types.

Ribombee, Cutiefly's evolution, is one of the fastest Pokémon around with a base Speed stat of 124. This combined with Quiver Dance means that with a single boost, it will be able to outrun the entire unboosted OU metagame. One thing that remains to be seen is whether or not its Speed, typing, and access to Quiver Dance will be enough to keep it in OU, since it has an average base 95 Special Attack and an even lower base 70 Special Defense.

Oricorio, while not learning Quiver Dance, can copy a Quiver Dance thanks to its unique Dancer ability. Dancer copies any other dance-based moves, which could give it the chance to pull off a Quiver Dance sweep in the right situation.

Wormadam and Bellossom, can now learn Quiver Dance! Having seen almost no usage even in NU. O, only time will tell if Quiver Dancthe move will help them become more noticeable threats in the SM metagame.

Once the OP is updated, I'll look at it again.

37. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Eh, I think I updated most of the changes. I'll make sure to redo it.
    EDIT: Done

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  38. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Alright, I looked over it, and there are a few minor issues with my suggested changes listed here. The "take advantage here" was a wording that didn't make sense to me in that context, and the "special offenses" didn't make sense to proceed a listing that included Special Defense. The other changes are just minor grammar fixes or typo corrections.
    [​IMG]

However, only a limited number of Pokémon get to learn it, and an even more limited number of Pokémon are able to take advantage hereuse it effectively. Showcased in this article are some of the most notable Quiver Dance users in the game thanks to their viable movepool, abilities, and stats.
    Volcarona
    [​IMG]

Volcarona is, by far, the best Quiver Dance user yet. A great special offenses stat spread of 135 / 105 backed by a solid base 100 Speed makes it a deadly special sweeper. Its Fire and Bug STAB types form a potent combo; this along with its Grass coverage makes it one of the potent sweepers in OU.

Back when it was introduced in Generation V, it saw usage on all kinds of teams: on sun teams, it made use of the weather's boost to Fire-type moves to plow through teams, and on rain, it gained fully accurate Hurricanes.

However, losing 50% of its health every time it switched into Stealth Rock, the prevalence of Heatran and Chansey, and the addition of Pokémon like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame in Generation VI made it a risky option to use.

The standard set puts Volcarona at 310 Speed so it can outrun Jolly Landorus-T, meaning with a Quiver Dance boost, it outruns even Choice Scarf Landorus-T. With the Special Attack boost, it can utilize Fire Blast to power through anything that doesn't resist it. The Special Defense boost combined with a Passho Berry helps it to take on some pretty powerful Water-type moves, such as a Hydro Pump from Keldeo. Volcarona can then hit back with Giga Drain and recover off any lost damage. Bug Buzz or Hidden Power Ground generally rounds off its coverage. Bug Buzz gives it a solid secondary STAB move that can break through the likes of Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and bulky Psychic-types like Cresselia, whereas Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran and Volcanion.​

Venomoth
    [​IMG]

Back when Baton Pass ran rampant on PO, Venomoth used to sit on the throne of ORAS LU because of its ability to pass Quiver Dance boosts to even more threatening partners like Exploud, Sigilyph, Nidoqueen, and Meloetta. It was able to hold its own with moves like Sludge Bomb, which kept the Fairy-types at bay;, and Bug Buzz, which just ran down through many of the tier's Psychic-types. But then, Venomoth was banned.

It's a different story in UU, though... Thanks to Venomoth's middling base 90 Speed, even with a Quiver Dance boost under its scaly wings, it's slower than the majority of Choice Scarf users in the tier. These include Mienshao, Infernape, and Hydreigon. Choice Scarf Darmanitan also happens to Speed tie with Venomoth after a boost. Venomoth is cleanly OHKOed by Mienshao's Stone Edge and Infernape or Darmanitan's Flare Blitz. Steel-types don't care about Sludge Bomb, but Venomoth can cripple them pretty nicely with Sleep Powder.

The boosts gained through Quiver Dance and an ability that doubles the power of resisted moves in Tinted Lens make switching into it a difficult task. It can easily plow through Psychic-types like Cresselia and Celebi. Fairy-types like Slurpuff and Florges should be worried of a boosted Sludge Bomb. Even without using Sleep Powder, it can make setup fodder out of Pokémon like Florges and Aromatisse because of the Special Defense boosts making it more stable against them and the Special Attack boost mitigating Moonblast's otherwise crippling stat drops. Only the few Pokémon that have a 4x resistance to Bug Buzz can risk in a switching into it.
    Vivillon
    [​IMG]

If that's not enough, it can go for a bulkier Substitute-based set that gives it more staying power in exchange of foregoing coverage. However, its Speed stat makes it an easy target for faster Pokémon in the tier like Scyther, Tauros, and Pyroar if it hasn't set up a Quiver Dance before. Its subpar defenses combined with a 4x Stealth Rock weakness cripples it to an extent. However, if it gets to set up Quiver Dance thanks to Sleep Powder, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.
    Lilligant
    [​IMG]

Quiver Dance with Own Tempo has to be the most common combination that Lilligant uses in NU. Sleep Powder is used to create opportunities to set up. Life Orb helps to maximize the damage dealt after setting up Quiver Dance. Lilligant's main move is generally Petal Dance, which doesn't confuse it due to Own Tempo; however, it is risky, as it locks Lilligant into the move for a maximum of three turns. This makes it easy for Pokémon with Sap Sipper, such as Sliggoo and Bouffalant, to switch into it. Giga Drain can be used over Petal Dance for an passive way to gain lost health. Hidden Power Rock or Fire is generally the third move to round off coverage against foes that resist Grass. Hidden Power Rock is used to OHKO Scyther, and it additionally hits Pyroar, Magmortar, and Crygonal for super effective damage. Hidden Power Fire hits Bug-, Steel-, and opposing Grass-types for super effective damage.

The combination of Quiver Dance with Chlorophyll under the sun gives Vivillon a powerful Solar Beam that doesn't require a charging turn and a boosted Hidden Power Fire that is enough to take care of Steel-, Bug-, and opposing Grass-types like Magneton, Scyther, and Shiftry. Since it always holds a Life Orb, Giga Drain can be used for the fourth move alongside Quiver Dance, Solar Beam, and Hidden Power Fire. Alternatively, Sleep Powder can be used to make it easier to set up Quiver Dance.

A look into the future..

Cutiefly, as of now, is the only LC-legal Pokémon with access to Quiver Dance. TIt hanks to itsa double resistance to Fighting thanks to its Bug / Fairy typing, it could see a lot of usage in SM LC. It has access to strong STAB moves such as Bug Buzz and Moonblast. While it has a Stealth Rock weakness and both its STAB moves are resisted by Steel and Fire, these weaknesses can be mitigated by entry hazard-controlling teammates and Hidden Power Ground for the third move slot to take care of both Fire- and Steel-types.

Ribombee is one of the fastest Pokémon around with a base Speed stat of 124. This combined with Quiver Dance means that with a single boost, it will be able to outrun the entire unboosted OU metagame. One thing that remains to be seen is whether or not its Speed, typing, and access to Quiver Dance will be enough to keep it in OU, since it has an average base 95 Special Attack and an even lower base 70 Special Defense.

Wormadam and Bellossom can now learn Quiver Dance! Having seen almost no usage even in NU, only time will tell if the move will help them become more noticeable threats in the metagame.
    [​IMG]

However, only a limited number of Pokémon get to learn it, and an even more limited number of Pokémon are able to use it effectively. Showcased in this article are some of the most notable Quiver Dance users in the game thanks to their viable movepool, abilities, and stats.
    Volcarona
    [​IMG]

Volcarona is, by far, the best Quiver Dance user yet. A great special stat spread of 135 / 105 backed by a solid base 100 Speed makes it a deadly special sweeper. Its Fire and Bug STAB types form a potent combo; this along with its Grass coverage makes it one of the potent sweepers in OU.

Venomoth
    [​IMG]

Back when Baton Pass ran rampant on PO, Venomoth used to sit on the throne of ORAS LU because of its ability to pass Quiver Dance boosts to even more threatening partners like Exploud, Sigilyph, Nidoqueen, and Meloetta. It was able to hold its own with moves like Sludge Bomb, which kept the Fairy-types at bay, and Bug Buzz, which just ran down through many of the tier's Psychic-types. But then, Venomoth was banned.

The boosts gained through Quiver Dance and an ability that doubles the power of resisted moves in Tinted Lens make switching into it a difficult task. It can easily plow through Psychic-types like Cresselia and Celebi. Fairy-types like Slurpuff and Florges should be worried of a boosted Sludge Bomb. Even without using Sleep Powder, it can make setup fodder out of Pokémon like Florges and Aromatisse because of the Special Defense boosts making it more stable against them and the Special Attack boost mitigating Moonblast's otherwise crippling stat drops. Only the few Pokémon that have a 4x resistance to Bug Buzz can risk switching into it.
    Vivillon
    [​IMG]

Lilligant
    [​IMG]

A look into the future..

Cutiefly, as of now, is the only LC-legal Pokémon with access to Quiver Dance. It has a double resistance to Fighting thanks to its Bug / Fairy typing, it could see a lot of usage in SM LC. It has access to strong STAB moves such as Bug Buzz and Moonblast. While it has a Stealth Rock weakness and both its STAB moves are resisted by Steel and Fire, these weaknesses can be mitigated by entry hazard-controlling teammates and Hidden Power Ground for the third move slot to take care of both Fire- and Steel-types.

39. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Done!

40. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    This has been [Approved] with a tentative release date of Friday, December 23rd. I added the Special Thanks and fixed a couple of areas with the paragraph spacing to make it consistent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.