1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Articles Assignment Thread

Discussion in 'Article Review' started by Joyverse, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I don't have the vision on Beast Boost currently. Campfire Talk - Ultra Beasts sounds like a better option to retain what activity level we had before.

In the meantime, I am thinking of doing a standalone article on Z-Moves in SM Ubers.

2. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    If I'm being completely honest, we make the articles and put effort into them but im seeing a lack of interest in 90 percent of them, which is sorta the opposite of a motive.

Joyverse likes this.
  3. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Which is why I am still trying to find ways in we can link-up articles with other facets of the community.
    Strudels came up with the idea of advertising in the server however it's, well dead.

I'll address the previous post and add-on to this post soon.

4. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

I might be able to write a couple of PttA, once I find the motivation (pokemon planet has it right now). They don't require as exacting a knowledge of the metagame(s), so they're more my style.

5. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Ok so, Imma about to nuke Edna's row. Also, Pheromosa is being suspected at Smogon so I'm nuking that row and keeping it locked. I really wanted to do Tapu Lele but yeah, E.T. was right on the fact we're just becoming analyses v2.

I am actually going to do a one-time ubers articles titled Z-Moves in Ubers. Should get a skeleton up soon.

Edit: I was busy adding UU BF sets with staff.
    Psychium Z
    Flyinium Z
    Fightinium Z
    Groundium Z
    Ghostium Z
    Icium Z
    Eevium z

These are the crystals I'll do work on. There might a few more, so do keep that in mind.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  6. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Rather than making a new article type, you could just make it a Move Showcase, since that doesn't really have a set in stone format. Something along the lines of Move Showcase: Z-Moves in Ubers might work.

7. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Sounds cool.

8. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    requesting campfire talk - ultra beasts (part one)

covering nihilego / buzzwole / pheromosa

9. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Go for it. Added to the OP.

10. Spoovo The Pirate

What about an article discussing move discourse?

Y'know, the whole Sludge Bomb vs Sludge Wave, Hydro Pump vs Surf vs Scald, Rock Slide vs Stone Edge arguments. It could be done as a group thing or as a solo thing, but I reckon it's got merit.

Also hello. Long time no talky.

11. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Based on those examples alone, I'm not sure that it would be good for a potential article because it probably doesn't have enough substance. Sludge Wave is almost always superior to Sludge Bomb unless inflicting Poison is /that/ vital. Sludge Bomb is also useless against Bulletproof users like Chesnaught.

Surf vs Scald is somewhat interesting because Surf is actually better than Scald now on some sets due to the burn nerf and Tapu Fini running around everywhere. Basically, if you're goal is offense you opt for Surf and if you are a wall and the difference in damage output is negligible, you use Scald.

Hydro Pump vs Surf and Stone Edge vs Rock Slide are just the classic power vs accuracy trade-off. With the extra power, you can net key OHKOs or 2HKOs that you wouldn't be able to get otherwise, but misses can cost you matches.

I don't think there's much more to say than that. Well, also, a lot these instances, specifically in power vs accuracy, the debate may vary slightly from Pokemon to Pokemon. In which case, would this be something worth mentioning in an article discussing a specific Pokemon's moveset? Sure. However, I'm not sure that there's enough substance here for it to be a stand alone article, unless there's more potential here that I'm missing.

12. Spoovo The Pirate

Hey guys. The Pogo guide thing is basically finished (has been for a while, just needing feedback), so I'm happy to write another PttA if people are agreeable. :3

As for which to write... Iunno. Surprise me. :D

13. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Don't be afraid to bump the thread when you've made changes and are waiting for feedback, especially when things are quite slow like they've been recently.

As for another Pokemon Through the Generations, obviously pick one that you would be comfortable writing about, but beyond that there are several RBY Pokemon that would be good candidates such as Gengar, Alakazam, Zapdos, and Slowbro.

14. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Would anyone be interested in participating in / hosting the next Campfire Talk Ultra Beasts Part 2?

15. Spoovo The Pirate

I'm always up for this stuff, even if I rarely post on here any more.