1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Articles Assignment Thread

Discussion in 'Article Review' started by Joyverse, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Post #59

2. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

Pokemon Spotlight: Solgaleo!

I will do this one.

3. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Due to some irl commitments plus preparations for a few non-Articles related posts. Imma dropping Tapu Lele. If anyone wanna take it then they may! :v

4. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    pokemon through the generation: charizard

pokemonnerd and E.T. like this.
  5. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    Article chosen- Campfire Talk
    Tier- n/a
    Pokémon - Rowlet / Popplio / Litten

posted in wrong thread :V

Joyverse likes this.
  6. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Role Rumble

PHEROMOSA vs. DEOXYS-ATTACK

7. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

The artwork could be a wrestling ring, with each participating Pokémon's sprite in their respective corner? :3

8. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    You are 69 years too late for that, @Annoying Orange already did it a while ago kek!

9. Spoovo The Pirate

Ahh. Well I wasn't aware. :D

Joyverse likes this.
  10. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Here is an initial list of LC candidates for Pokémon Spotlight:
    Vullaby
    Carvanha
    Doduo
    Mudbray
    Alolan Grimer
    Mareanie
    Pikipek
    Pumpkaboo-Small
    Salandit
    Yungoos
    Alolan Vulpix
    Alolan Sandshrew
    Cubchoo
    Dewpider
    Abra
    Diglett
    Mienfoo
    Pawniard
    Porygon
    Timburr
    Chinchou
    Ponyta
    Snubbull
    Croagunk
    Scraggy
    I'm thinking it would be better to focus mostly on "what's new". I've also added this list to Joyverse's Pokémon Spotlight post, which is linked at the end of the OP.

11. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I want to do a spotlight on Primarina but we don't have lower tiers yet.
    IG Celesteela will work for now

12. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    This was reason enough for me to bring a possible new addition to Pokemon Spotlight. So yeah, Lower tiers aren't here so why not do Pokemon Spotlight for Side Metagames? I think there are many potential candidates especially in tiers like Monotype (well that's imo). There might be chances that 1v1, Monogen even, Balanced Hackmons (not Classic Hackmons fyi) might have a chance. So what do you guys think?

13. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

I am gonna do a Pokemon Spotlight for the other cover legendary as well.

Reserving Pokemon Spotlight: Lunala!

Spoovo The Pirate likes this.
  14. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I updated the recent 3 spotlights to have the 3d sprite above the "sets" area to make it look a bit less dull. We should probably continue with this and as such I am the updating the format as well.

15. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Thinking of doing a 2 part Ability Article on Beast Boost. I'd do 1 part (if not both). If anyone is interested to collab with me, please ask.

Also need a name for it.

Probs gonna start an interview thread up soon as well so adding that~

16. Spoovo The Pirate

I'll presume you want alliteration, but want to avoid 'analysis' or anything synonymous with the word? Because these are articles, not analyses xD

17. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Every Article title having to be an alliteration is becoming a running gag in this subforum it seems lol.

No, anything good and creative works.

18. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I think we should stop doing spotlights for specific tiers and just do it for the Pokemon in general and post about other tiers if they fall in other tiers, like I did with Celesteela. It will save time and will prevent having to do multiple spotlights on a single Pokemon. IE something like Tapu Koko's sets for say OU and Monotype or if a future UU mon is usable in all 3 high tiers. etc.

19. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Pokemon spotlight Magearna for Monotype
    Guess I can also talk about the usages in OU/Ubers but I rather stay on Mono

20. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    IMO, we don't need to make it a binding rule. I'd rather have the writer decide which tier(s) they'd like to write on. Obviously that would mean we'll not have any repeated Pokemon in a very long time in the case someone decided to make a single tier spotlight. However I really, really don't think that'd hurt us all that much. Articles were meant to different from the Analyses we did before so ignoring a certain in another specified tier shouldn't hurt us much.

Keep the discussion going though~

21. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Uh, @Spoovo The Pirate, All About Abilities??

We are abusing Alliterations waaaaaaay too much.

22. Spoovo The Pirate

The only problem with that is it would require the writer to have used whatever mon they're spotlighting in every tier it's viable in, which of course would take time. There's also the thing that a lot of people don't play Monotype etc, but that's just a nitpick.

@Joy: I'm happy with AAA if other people are? :3

23. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    it's not hard to cowrite if someone else has played it in the other tier.

24. Spoovo The Pirate

That's a fair point lol

25. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Sounds good.

Why does this need to be a two-part article / how would it be split up?

Where are alliterations being abused? None of our current article types has alliteration in the title. Regardless, All About Abilities sounds okay.

As for Pokemon Spotlight covering multiple tiers, that's fine if it works out, like with Celesteela, but it isn't something that I want to require. Once the tiers are formed, if we have more madness like Starmie in NU, I'd rather not have an article that tries to discuss Starmie in OU / UU / LU / NU all at once because that would be too much for one article. Monotype articles are fine, but I don't want to force people to write about Monotype + main tiers either unless they want to.

26. Spoovo The Pirate

Yeah, I don't see why Beast Boost needs to be split up at all. There's nothing wrong with a longer-than-average article, is there?

And if I could make a guess, I'd imagine you'd split it into articles highlighting the offensive and then defensive natures of the ability?

27. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I was thinking of splitting 'cuz too many UBs. Also I don't have much to say about Guzzlord and Nihilist Lego. As for splitting; 4 in first part, 3 in second.

Also, it is one big undertaking so I am willing to collab. Max 2 co-writers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  28. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Reserving All About Abilities: Beast Boost.

Anyone willing to collab reply, kthx.

e:tfw you are so obsessed with Articles that you write Articles in place of Abilities.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  29. Spoovo The Pirate

Nah, you were just planning an article about articles; a self aware piece of writing that discusses the strengths and weaknesses of discussing strengths and weaknesses. A tautological logical, if you will.

Joyverse likes this.
  30. Sobi

Sobi To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    re:
    http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/35505/

can I ask that we stick to the convention that all articles required two gp checks before being released? I know that this particular article was waiting for a bit but school/irl has been quite hectic for me, I only get time on the weekend to go on smogon/po and most of the times i'm gp checking for a smogon project so it's hard to manage. the reason we have two gp checks is so that the -majority- of mistakes are corrected so that the article is as professional-looking as possible.

nothing we can do about this for now, but articles should not be released if they have not been given a second gp check (unless theres a practically good reason why they should and im missing something)

31. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    We knew that. Also, RJ also happens to be on LOA. So E.T. approved it after the first check. Another factor was that the article was way over a month in review so it had to be released sooner or later.

32. Sobi

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    benefit of that is article gets released quicker but i'm not too sure what the rush is--i'd very much prefer an article that takes longer to complete but once finished, is very good than an article that is released very quickly but has many errors/looks rushed.

33. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    The rush is, my finals start from next week. So I want to wrap most of my duties before that.

34. Sobi

PO Trainer Name:
    Sobi
    understandable, but surely the article can be delayed to after that, or, as happened for my article, get someone else to release it. just how an article cannot be moved to [grammar] when it hasn't received any/enough qc checks, an article cannot be moved to [released] when it hasn't received both gp checks :)

35. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Yeah, but considering it was written by one leader and gp'd by another. We utilized our power, so there you go. :v

E: That said, we probably won't be doing it again unless urgently needed.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Sobi likes this.
  36. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    @Sobi
    The 2 GP requirement doesn't really work when there's only one person actively doing grammar checks. That particular article was shifted to grammar on February 21st, and it remained untouched until I checked it on Thursday. The "rush" is that we have some articles that are taking over a month just to be written, which is already a long time to be in review, so enforcing the 2 GP requirement now is likely to result in the article being in review for at least 2 more weeks (since you are too busy rn, RJ is too busy / not motivated, and Oak is too busy). The additional changes offered by a second check usually aren't significant enough to merit leaving the article in review for that long. Even though writers are allowed to start a second article after their first one gets to [Grammar], I've noticed that writers are usually hesitant to start another one until their first one is completely finished, so if we are waiting a couple more weeks for a second grammar check to happen, it is likely that the writer won't begin another article during that time either.

I still plan to release the next PO News on Sunday because the news changes too quickly to be worth leaving in review for very long (mainly due to tours progressing and new tiers forming that are subject to quickbans and suspects). I agree that the 2 GP requirement does catch / improve the quality more than just one check, but I don't think we have the ability to implement the 2 GP requirement for every article right now without having delays that probably aren't worth the typical benefits offered by a second check.

37. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    @Edna when do Magearna? '- ')

38. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Somethin somethin Pheromosa but theorymoning. Somethin somethin drama and unprofessional user Joyverse.

@E.T. bot run takeover.exe. Imma taking over the Pheromosa thread. Lock it up until I reopen it later this week.

39. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    B U M P

I'll restart work on Phero soon enough as my exams are ending on the 27th. I'd probs take Mag off the AA in like 48h. Unreserving Beast Boost, reserving Lele(OU), and will notify soon whether I'd do Doduo or Vullaby. Will add to this post soon

--- Post updated ---
    "I do do duo" *giggles*

40. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I'd like us to focus more on some of the other article types such as Cool Sets to Use and Core Breakdown. Pokemon Spotlight has essentially just become analyses, and Articles was not intended to be the Wiki 2.0. Pokemon Through the Generations, while it is a lot of work to make, is another series that deserves more attention.