1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Review] Power Plant

Discussion in 'Review' started by Whereabouts Unknown, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    Would you believe me if I said I used to have good ideas for Mafia themes? Hey, I have proof!

I finally made this theme, using some of the jankiest code ever, and now hopefully we can enjoy a basic theme free of Miki Productions.

The roles are kind of similar to the old Theme Development concept, with a few important changes. I'll just go through and list the roles.

First, mechanics:
    - Getting hit with more than +2 Plus or -2 Minus makes you protected from nightkills. If you are ht by an equal amount of + or - you lose your protection.
    - Getting hit with +4 or -4 Minus makes you die at the end of the night. This is regardless of how many of the opposite charge you are hit with.

Village:
    Plusle: Can /plus someone (+1) and can hax kill and minus.
    Minun: Can /minus someone (-1) and can hax kill and plus.
    Dedenne: Startup as Plusle/Minun, acts like that role (has plus/minus), but reveals as Electrike Brigade (Electrike) if Exposed (Inspected).
    Pachirisu: Can /plus someone (+2) or minus someone (-2). Can hax plus and minus and kill.
    Mareep: Vote is equal to 1 + number of pluses it is targeted with - the number minuses it is targeted with.
    Emolga: Can /inspect. Succeeds only if charge is +1 or +2, fails if +3, 0, or -1, and kills if -2 or -3.
    Tynamo: Can /kill, but this fails unless it is targeted with a /minus.
    Shinx: Can expose. Avoids daykills, and is vengeful if lynched.

Objects: (minus is not shared between team, but per role)
    Voltorb: Kill + Protect.
    Magnemite: Kill + Minus (shared with role but not team). Evolves into Magneton if exposed.
    Magneton: Kill + Minus (shared with role but not team). Vote of 3.
    Klink: Kill + Minus (shared with role but not team).

Electrike Brigade: (minus is shared between the team)
    Electrike: Inspect + Kill + Minus.
    Elekid: Kill + Minus. Evolves into Electabuzz if Objects are defeated.
    Electabluzz: Kill + Kill2 + Minus. Evolves into Electivire if town's PRs are defeated.
    Electivire: Kill + Kill2 + Minus + daykill.
    Helioptile: Kill + Distract + Minus.

Lt. Surge's Recruit:
    Pikachu: Avoids kill, expose, hax. Can kill. Evolves into Raichu if either all Plusle or all Minun are defeated.
    Raichu: Avoids kill, expose, hax, distract. Can kill. Vote multiplier of 2. Not Marx I swear.

Mythicals: (not connected on startup but can't hit each other)
    Zapdos: 99 votes + Distract. also not a kirby role
    Raikou: Evades nightkills. Can daykill.

Spawn is pretty unique. For now Shinx and Pikachu spawn starting at 13 player, meaning Pikachu is always a valid Shinx counter claim n1. Until then, it's a voicing based setup with the only information coming from hax and Emolga.

Anyway, let me know what I can do to improve this theme. We don't have a working Review system running at the moment, so (hint hint) maybe this is a chance to be a part of a new QC.

Annoying Orange likes this.
  2. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    ???

Anyway, aside from pointing out typos, I'm really confused about how the plus and minus stuff works. Can you give an example to explain when someone would be protected and when someone would die? Also do pluses/minuses carry on to the next day?

3. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    It's mechanically literally as explained in the OP. +2 or +3 means you are protected from normal kills. -2 or -3 also means you are protected. +4 or -4 means you die. If you have +2 and -2, you are not protected. If you have +3 and -2, you are protected. If you have +3 and -3, you are not protected. And so on.

Maybe examples will help.

Say you have this setup:
    [A] Plusle: used /plus A.
    [B.]Plusle: used /plus B.
    [C] Plusle: used /plus A.
    [D] Plusle: used /plus C.
    [E] Plusle: used /plus C.
    [F] Pachirisu: used /minus A (this is -2).
    [G] Minun: used /minus C.
    [H] Minun: used /minus C.
    [I.] Minun: used /minus C.
    [J] Magnemite: used /minus C.
    [K] Voltorb: used /kill A.
    [L] Elekid: used /minus A, /kill B.

- A is hit with +2 and -3, thus is protected (since the charges are not even), so it doesn't die to Voltorb's kill.
    - B dies because it has only a +1 charge, which is insufficient to protect itself from Elekid's kill.
    - C also dies because it is hit with -4, even though it is also hit with +2. Net charge is not irrevelant if you are hit 4x in one direction or another.

In fact, net charge is only relevant when they cancel each other out and void protect. It is also relevant when talking about Emolga's and Mareep's abilities, but those are separate.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016