1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

ORAS Ubers Building Compendium

Discussion in 'Gen 6 Ubers' started by Lacus Clyne, May 5, 2016.

1. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    ORAS Ubers Building Compendium
    approved by @cries in vain
    [​IMG]
    Stealth Rock:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Stall Breakers:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Priority:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Xerneas Checks:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Primal-Kyogre Check/Switch-In:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Primal-Groudon Check/Switch-In:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mewtwo Check/Switch-In:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ho-Oh Check/Switch-In:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Extreme Killer Arceus/Check:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mega-Salamence/Check/Switch-In:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (Shuca)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Defog/Rapid Spinner/Magic Bounce:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Offensive Pokemon:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Defensive Pokemon:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Might I suggest MM2X as both a stallbreaker and a megamence check due to its access to both taunt and ice beam? Mixed MM2X is too awesome to be avoided :x
    Let's have sr under a bigger hazard category that contains spikes/tspikes and webs as well?

3. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    The thing about Mega Mewtwo X is that he can't do anything against Stall because of Mega-Sableye. So he doesn't really fit in the stall breaking section. He also can't check Mega-Salamence. A check is something that can switch-in and do something back but MMX can't switch-in against a Salamence.

cries in vain likes this.
  4. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    can I ask why is Arceus-Ice listed on stallbreakers? I don't think it's a good stallbreaker but that's just me

5. cries in vain

cries in vain not a prayer unsung

it can stall break w/ a sub cm or refresh cm set and ice is a rly solid offensive typing is ubers
    it's rly lackluster defensively but hey it soft checks mence/ray and hard checks stuff like yveltal/lugia and acts as ur status absorber so it isn't too bad of a mon tbh

La.Melle2402 and Lacus Clyne like this.
  6. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Uh, counters switch into stuff directly and do something against a threat, But here's the reason why MM2X checks Salamence-M,
    4 SpAtk Mega Mewtwo X Ice Beam vs. 248 HP/252+ SpDef Mega Salamence: 292 - 348 (74.3 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (no one runs that but ok)
    4 SpAtk Mega Mewtwo X Ice Beam vs. 248 HP/0 SpDef Mega Salamence: 412 - 488 (104.8 - 124.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (assuming max hp bulky dd)
    , You can't switch into Mence into MM2X as fearing ice beam well, and if we are to consider that Salamence is at 0 speed boost then MM2X just rips through.

Also we could also use a choice user+av user section as well.

7. cries in vain

i think u got the definitions wrong fam

a counter is a mon that walls another mon totally and for an extended period throughout the game basically cockblocking it
    a check is a mon that can switch in2 another mon a couple(arbitrary number) of times but can't exactly take hits for days and can be busted through at some point in the game if u don't have more checks/ur own means of pressuring etc

but it '100%' can switch in at least once or it can't be classified as a check

Sam Holmes and Lacus Clyne like this.
  8. Konzern

Konzern Banned

hoopa u is a mewtwo check btw. it also handles stall well so it's a good stall breaker.

9. Idiotz.

Idiotz. Membar

genesect and hippo arent viable so they should be removed from every section theyre in imo. I also consider lando-i forretress and palkia to be unviable but thats just my opinion.
    Same goes for hoopa btw.. its just trash and shouldnt be ranked/listed anywhere

Im not sure why regular arceus is in the stealth rock section. I think only arceus-rock and fairy can afford to run rocks and thats p niche already^^
    regular arceus can be added to xern/ekiller/mewtwo checks tho, as it does indeed help vs them on offensive teams

Rayquaza misses in pdon check section

mega sableye can be added to m2 checks

Mega slowbro should be added to hooh checks and if stuff like dragceus and diancie are there, lugia should prolly be too as it switches onto eq and bb

Clefable can be added to ekiller checks cuz of the physically defensive set i guess

Add klefki and pdon to mence checks

Remove rockceus from defoggers and i also dislike defpg ghostceus,idk why you would run that

Kinda rushed this so i might have missed some stuff. D: will edit tomorrow if necessary
    What about a darkrai check and trick room section btw

edit: adding the category wish or cleric support would be cool (mons with either wish, heal bell, aromatherapy, hwish)
    hooh should be listed as a mewtwo check aswell

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Mysterious M and cries in vain like this.
  10. SparksBlade

SparksBlade gets ghosted by lacus clyne

imo physically defensive clefable is shit cos it's only task is as a very soft check to ekiller ghostceus groundceus, and since your recovery is wish and your last move being toxic/moonblast it's easy to make sure clefable doesn't receive that wish. also, i think, all clefable teams will have msab, providing you an, imo, a better ekiller check already
    it's even worse than hooh as hooh check pls no o.o

11. Cynara

Cynara Active Member

Just remove the ho-oh check/switch in sections, especially ho-oh as a ho-oh check, none of those 'checks' are actual defined checks, besides rockceus maybe, I disagree with alot of them being checks, mainly because Ho-oh has no true checks or switch ins especially fast Life orb Ho-oh. You beat Ho-oh with smart playing, preventing it from gaining free turns.

Along with this, a myriad of pokemon mentioned on this building compendium aren't even close to viable to name a few (clefable, hippowdon, thundurus) I wouldnt consider them whatsoever and you shouldnt encourage the usage of pokemon that aren't viable in the metagame.

Remove Kyogre from Mega Mence checks, its a piece of shit

12. cries in vain

yea ho oh being beaten by smart playing is vry true and it's actually the best comment posted on this thread but i still believe the section should remain there b/c the newer players can know about the few ho oh 'checks' if they can be called that.
    as for rockceus, the overall build minus rockceus is compromised vs ho oh and id much rather have another arc form like water over it and a build that doesn't get tossed by ho oh if waterceus gets trapped or smth
    mons is about ensconcing ur intents and rockceus definitely doesn't help w/ that and makes stuff very predictable as it gives the opponent an inherent advantage while making plays b/c it's almost guaranteed that u won't be risking anything w/ the rockceus as the rest of ur build gets mauled by ho oh.

jm2c regarding rockceus in the current meta
    and yea ogre is not a mence check :x

13. Cynara

Cynara Active Member

I never really credited rockceus viability, just wanted to point out its the closest thing to a Ho-oh 'check' on that list. I do agree rockceus is niche, especially with my experiences with the tier and the point it compromises builds is 100% correct, because you have to make up for the fact you aren't using Arceus-dragon or Arceus-water and you end up pairing rockceus with a [email protected] which arent good defoggers anyways.

I think removing the ho-oh checks section is better than keeping it, even if its there for the sake of newer players, I just feel it leads to many players flawed concepts of the tier / handling Ho-oh who tend to just have one dedicated 'check' for it, when in reality you need multiple ways to deal with Ho-ohs coverage between them almost equally (speaking Balance here) and thats where the smart playing mindset comes in. Offense doesnt really carry checks/'switch in's (besides Mence but that takes like 70% from brave bird lol) to Ho-oh and that's 100% fine, but instead applies offense pressure and knowing what to sack vs Ho-oh (so you can bring something to scare it out) and keeping rocks up to limit its switch ins.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    cries in vain likes this.
  14. cries in vain

yeah ik u weren't crediting rockceus i just wanted to throw my 2 cents on rockceus out there
    yea that's also a vry valid perspective and it'd be rly interesting to have more input from the community on this

15. Idiotz.

Idiotz. Membar

there are hooh weak and less hooh weak teams. having a section that shows you what mons help making your team less hooh weak is fine imo