1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Stadium checklist

Discussion in 'Bugs and Fixes' started by froggy25, Apr 25, 2016.

1. froggy25

froggy25 Member

List of Stadium specific mechanics to check, I hope I'm not forgetting anything.
    Striked ones are already done:
    • Critical hit formula
    • Focus Energy
    • No 1/256 misses
    • Explosion user doesn't survive against substitute
    • Hyper Beam does recharge after a faint
    • Hyper Beam causes a recharge even if it misses
    • Team Preview
    • Sleep lasts 1 to 3 turns
    • Double-Edge, Struggle, Submission, Take Down don't do recoil damage if the opponent's Pokémon faints
    • Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Wrap stop when the target switches out.
    • Dig, Fly don't cause a fully paralyzed Pokémon to keep its near-invulnerable state (put back on ground instead) (Note: RBY intentionally doesn't have the "bug" coded. So RBY and Stadium match in this case meaning its already coded)
    • Acid, Aurora Beam, Bubble, Bubblebeam effect probabilities are 85/256
    • Substitute protects against major statuses, minor statuses, side effects (including stat drops), drain moves
    • Petal Dance, Trash display a message when the move ends and the user becomes confused
    • Bide fails against near-invulnerable states from Dig and Fly
    • Haze removes major status, minor statuses, stats levels from both Pokémon
    • Recover, Rest, Softboiled don't fail if HP is 255 or 511 HP below max HP
    • Substitute fails if HP == 25% of max HP
    • Transform fails if used against a Pokémon with Transform

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
    Lutra and turbedi like this.
  2. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Commit: https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/commit/3c73d918 Committer: Fuzzysqurl Commit Message: Hyperbeam miss causes recharge in Stadium
    Commit: https://github.com/po-devs/po-server-goodies/commit/4ca21f1a Committer: Fuzzysqurl Commit Message: Stadium has Team Preview

Code (text):
    1. // If move KOs opponent's pokemon, no recoil damage is applied in stadium.
    2.   if (koed(target) && recoil < 0 && isStadium()) {
    3.   return;
    4.   }
    Commit: https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/commit/4e1a1dff Committer: Fuzzysqurl Commit Message: Stadium Transform fails against transformed targets

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Lutra and froggy25 like this.
  3. froggy25

froggy25 Member

recoil is stored as negative in PO ?

4. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Yes. Healing is stored as positive recoil for future gens, but I think 1G has a different variable for healing

Also,
    Commit: https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/commit/2296a77a Committer: Fuzzysqurl Commit Message: Stadium Sub fails if <= 25% HP. Also tweak RBY sub-self KO message

Toss in this one too,
    Commit: https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/commit/06f09baa Committer: Fuzzysqurl Commit Message: Stadium Petal Dance/et al. messages at end of duration

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Lutra and froggy25 like this.
  5. turbedi

turbedi Professional circle clicker ~~~ Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    This is already implemented.

About
    How much PP does it copy?

froggy25 likes this.
  6. Fuzzysqurl

Say you have Hyper Beam: a 5 PP move. PO gives it 8 PP due to the PP Ups. When you Mimic, you should only get 5/5 PP. This is what I interpreted at. But there's no function I saw that handles max PP easily that would also make sure the tooltip is correct... but I only briefly looked

Haze is already done (fuck the forum paste formatting that removes all the spaces)
    Code (text):
    1. //HazeclearsmajorstatusthattheuserhasinStadium
    2. if(b.isStadium()){
    3. b.changeStatus(s,Pokemon::Fine,false);
    4. }

7. Fuzzysqurl

Need clarifications:

• Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Wrap stop when the target switches out.
      • How does this occur? Aren't they trapping moves?
    • Dig, Fly don't cause a fully paralyzed Pokémon to keep its near-invulnerable state (put back on ground instead)
      • Isn't this a bug in RBY that was intentionally left out? If so, then its done.
    • Acid, Aurora Beam, Bubble, Bubblebeam effect probabilities are 85/256
    Also this
    Commit: https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/commit/4c284cab Committer: Fuzzysqurl Commit Message: Stadium draining + sub

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    IceKirby and froggy25 like this.
  8. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Okay, so in RBY, when wrap is used, and the target switches out, the attack continues. In stadium, when the target switches out, the turn should just end because nothing happens after the switch.

Basically,
    1. use wrap, target can't move
    2. target switches, and new pokemon comes in

I can confirm that in Stadium, Fly and Dig cause the user to return to their original position if fully paralyzed. This is also the way PO is coded for RBY. Also confirming the chance for Acid and Bubble, but didn't have anything with aurora beam or bubble beam to test, but that's probably right.

froggy25 likes this.
  9. froggy25

froggy25 Member

http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pokémon_Stadium:ROM_map#Acid.2C_Aurora_Beam.2C_Bubble.2C_Bubblebeam.2C_Psychic

If Mimic is at 16/16 and it copies Fire Blast, the PP will be 15/16 (rather than x/8). This was probably done to avoid any variation of the glitch which allows the user to have a 63PP Mimic after it copied a wrapping move, the PPs rolled over, and then the user switched out. Mimic'd Blizzard is at 9/10 for example:

[​IMG]

It's probably a very minor change ?

I'm pretty sure these are the only ones, but I might be forgetting some.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  10. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

Are effect chances in RBY /255 or /256? And does this differ in Stadium?

i.e. is Fire Blast 77/255 or 77/256?

11. froggy25

froggy25 Member

It's /256, even in Stadium.

Accuracy is the only exception in Stadium.

12. turbedi

turbedi Professional circle clicker ~~~ Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    Fixed

Lutra likes this.
  13. Fuzzysqurl

I think Mirror Move one is done already... Unless Charge up is supposed to be copied too.

Fuzzysqurl2 sent out Pidgeot!
    Fuzzysqurl sent out Venusaur!

Start of turn 1
    Venusaur absorbed light!

The foe's Pidgeot used Mirror Move!
    But it failed!

Start of turn 2
    Venusaur used Solar Beam!
    It's not very effective...
    The foe's Pidgeot lost 19% of its health!

The foe's Pidgeot absorbed light!

Start of turn 3
    Venusaur used Hyper Beam!
    The foe's Pidgeot lost 27% of its health!

The foe's Pidgeot used Solar Beam!
    A critical hit!
    It's not very effective...
    Venusaur lost 49 HP! (13% of its health)

Start of turn 4
    Venusaur must recharge!

The foe's Pidgeot used Hyper Beam!

Venusaur lost 173 HP! (47% of its health)

14. turbedi

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
  15. turbedi

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    Submitted fix
    Does "after a charge turn" only apply to Dig/Fly or to also to other moves?

froggy25 likes this.
  16. Pokefan Bob

Pokefan Bob Member

I just want to butt in here and say that HP display and team previews both should be detached from the game being simulated. They should both be checkboxes.

There is a case to be made for using Stadium for a style of "official" play with various parts of the display hidden (basically HP amounts and team previews, although HP amounts are more crucial in Stadium 2 as they tip away Hidden Power).

That would be a mechanically accurate version of Generation 1 which allows for true Sleep/Freeze clause, and also cuts down on glitches, while not giving away information that otherwise wouldn't be given away in cartridges.

There is also a case for cartridge play with revealed HP amounts. Like let's say there's a big tournament and your Pokemon's health is projected on a big screen for spectators.

To summarize, attaching HP display preference to the game being simulated sacrifices possibilities without providing much of anything in return.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  17. turbedi

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    @froggy25 What about moves with lower PP than Mimic?

18. froggy25

froggy25 Member

Looks like you posted the correct answer on GitHub! The correct PPs is 10 though, not 15.

It applies to Bide, Dig, Fly, Razor Wind, Skull Bash, Sky Attack, and Solarbeam.

Charge turn from Bide, Dig, Fly, Razor Wind, Skull Bash, Sky Attack, and Solarbeam should be copied by Mirror Move.
    Mirror Move works even against a Pokémon in semi-invulnerable state in Pokémon Stadium.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  19. turbedi

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    Fixed

froggy25 likes this.
  20. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

"Patrial trapping moves (wrap etc.) stop when the target switches out." I tested it with Lutra but the Pokemon i switched in got damaged.
    http://imgur.com/8xhkuTD

21. turbedi

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    The battle server hasn't been restarted yet. Once this is done, it should work fine.

froggy25 and Lutra like this.
  22. Lutra

Lutra All Gen Battler/Scripter

PO Trainer Name:
    Lutra
    Also, the recoil message exists but HP isn't being lost when the Substitute isn't broken.

Start of turn 2
    The foe's Exeggutor used Substitute!
    The foe's Exeggutor already has a substitute!

Ice Cream used Double-Edge!
    The foe's Exeggutor's substitute took the damage!
    Ice Cream is damaged by recoil!

La.Melle2402: or what should i use?
    Lutra: the message comes up
    Lutra: without damage
    Lutra: that might be bug
    Lutra: just sub again I guess

Start of turn 3
    The foe's Exeggutor used Substitute!
    The foe's Exeggutor already has a substitute!

Ice Cream used Double-Edge!
    The foe's Exeggutor's substitute faded!

Edit - from my video description: "Recoil does not occur when breaking a Substitute with Double-Edge, Struggle, Submission and Take Down. It does however occur when not breaking a Substitute with Struggle." pretty sure it's the same with Double-Edge, Submission and Takedown too.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    froggy25 likes this.