1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safari Suggestions & Bugs Archive

Discussion in 'Safari' started by Fuzzysqurl, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romantic_Guy

Romantic_Guy Member

If we r gonna relate it to real world,lots of stuff can be connected,safari is passive or active? From master ball to even all 3 monthly events r dependent on activity,why is it a bad idea to bring a time restriction on gacha that provides its active usage rather than stocking it up,n also restriction can be of reasonable period like 10-12 days ,I m not sure why its a bad while restrictions of one or other sort r there on everything else.

2. xburnout

xburnout Its not me, its my sister please dont ask

PO Trainer Name:
    xburnout
    You are not forced to join those monthly events, neither are you forced to log in everyday.
    But, if you win the JP, which is based on RNG. You want to win it but you didn't choose to win it. So what you are doing is comparing things that are uncomparable. You should look at the problem of Jackpots and the usage of Gacha.

Nightfall Alicorn likes this.
  3. mibuchiha

mibuchiha Was yea ra chs ieeya.

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Now I know this can be seen as weird, but tower being rather boring and autopilot, can we make it so that finder and gacha is usable in tower?

Coding wise it seems easier to just allow those in battles... why not?

Nightfall Alicorn and Zoroark like this.
  4. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I guess it can be possible since you can gacha and use itemfinder during contest...shouldn't be hard...

5. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Finder maybe, Gacha I don't know since dealing with stuff like spawns from Gacha will be annoying.

Nightfall Alicorn and mibuchiha like this.
  6. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    That would be cool enough. Thankies~

7. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    I thought both Finder and Gacha used to work but got disabled.

8. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Ayy devs,

One more suggestion from your average player. It has come to attention that there are some fucktards that do not complete the deal mutually agreed by the involved parties. This is clearly not welcome and I do not believe we wish to encourage such a behavior. Unfortunately, the current trading system is very prone to such exploits indeed!

Therefore I would like to suggest the following. Building on the currently available shop interface, why don't we implement something like a crate? Basically we can fill this crate with things which can then be traded!

I envision it to be something like such:

User Richie is offering to swap their crate with you!
    The contents of their crate are:
    - 1x Shiny Ho-Oh
    - 10x Amulet Coin
    - $999,999
    - 1x Shiny Lugia
    - 1x Shiny Celebi
    - 100x Shiny Magikarp

The current contents of your crate are:
    - 684x Kakuna

Type /swapcrate Richie:confirm to accept the offer!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Zoroark likes this.
  9. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    tl;dr: Make it so that it is easier to trade multiple items at once for a single item or so in return. This would help stop scams and open more possibilities to trade items for rare pokemon or desired items.

Wow overcomplicating stuff. I could just make /trade Name:Item1|Item2|Item3:ItemToReceive.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2016
    xburnout likes this.
  10. Nightfall Alicorn

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    That sounds quite difficult to code. But I believe we have had scam issues before. I'm guessing making 2 array checks of parties like: /trade item1*item2*item3:theirItem1*theirItem2

xburnout likes this.
  11. sitrus berry

sitrus berry New Member

I have an idea for a costume. Well more of an update idea to an existing costume. I think it would be really cool if the Preschooler costume could evolve after reaching certain benchmarks. Right now, Preschooler is only useful in helping out beginners have an easier time as they start out. I suggest there be 2 more stages in which the costume can reach. This would remove the uselessness of having Preschooler after having 200 catches.

The first evolution would be Pokemon Trainer. Just a simple basic upgrade from Preschooler. The buff should affect all region starters, but obviously be much less than Preschooler buff. I don't know the exact numbers behind Preschooler, but if Pokemon Trainer could be just 1/4 of that buff, I think it would be noticeable but not overpowered. There is no "timer" or any point at which the costume becomes useless. IE doing nothing after you catch 200 pokemon.

The last would be Pokemon Master. The buff won't change except in effectiveness. Or if we wanted the buff for Pokemon Trainer to only affect the first few gen starters, then Pokemon Master could have the privilege of affecting all starters. The buff could be 1/2 of the Preschooler buff? I know that's awkward wording, sorry >.< The actual numbers behind the buffs I would definitely leave to the coders xD. Not much to say about this since it would be pretty much identical to Pokemon Trainer.

Now onto the requirements for obtaining these costumes. One way we could go would be number of pokemon caught. If Preschooler stops working after 200 pokemon caught, then this is where it should go to the next stage. I don't know if that's the right number. Whenever Preschooler loses it's buff, that is when it should evolve into Pokemon Trainer. And the number for Pokemon Master I was thinking could be 721 due to that being the number of pokemon there are in the Pokedex.

Another idea is to go simply by days logged in. It would not need to be consecutive like login bonus. It could be 30 days for Pokemon Trainer and 100 for Pokemon Master. The numbers again are totally up for changing.

Anyways, I hope you liked my ideas.

12. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    ±Tauros: Tower Clerk: Game over, mibuchiha! You defeated 1 trainer!
    ±Tauros: Tower Clerk: Hey wait a minute! You didn't defeat the previous Trainer so I can't count it in your performance assessment.
    ±Tauros: Tower Clerk: For your performance in the Battle Tower challenge, we reward you with 1x Bait and 1x Silver Coin!

Huh interesting. What's going on? Basically this happened when I defeat 1 and Ninja activated and then I lost.

13. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Don't get the reward from the level you skipped if you lose immediately

I know this because it's happened 5 times to me now

14. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

I guess it should say 2 maybe, then only give you the reward for 1.

15. Nightfall Alicorn

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Move Master Ball back where it was after Ultra Ball, or move it to first slot so there 0 chance miss clicking because of the link being under the target ball. Or make a warning link for it. /catch Master Ball:confirm.

Just wasted one because I try click Great, someone talks, end up clicking Master under it, try click Great again, someone talks and I click Master again. :c

16. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Normally I agree with you on plenty of stuff, Alicorn, but typing is a thing :x

Yttrium likes this.
  17. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

I could also beat a dead horse right now...

18. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Can we make it that instead of having a big announcement that causes a "rock user" link to appear when someone does a stupidly large auction starting point, can we just make that person lose the item / pokemon they are auctioning or something?

At the moment, people keep spamming it, and quite frankly, it's making Safari less fun for me, and it breaks the PO server rules, not just the Safari rules.

Nightfall Alicorn and Zoroark like this.
  19. Strudels

Strudels ・◡・ Super Moderator Server Administrator Super Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Strudels/Ripper Roo
    They lose $500 and are hit with a longer auction cooldown, though admittedly that's a pittance for many.

20. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    How about a 12 hours tradeban + removal os 5~10% of their total money?

Professor Oak likes this.
  21. xburnout

PO Trainer Name:
    xburnout
    I like the Tradeban on the Orange message, but the money fine is a bit absurd tbh. This is also not fair for richer users.

And for Sitrus' suggestion, I like the idea but Preschooler was made with the purpose to help the new users. If you would give that advantage back to the better users what is the point of having it? And on another note, the better you become the more other costumes you unlock which probably have way better use then putting that much effort in something that isn't that good to begin with.

I do like the idea of "upgrading" your costumes. I have no clue about how codeable it is, but for example Explorer now has multiple features as we know, but right now it has a lot at the same time. If you would be working with "upgrading" costumes you could make it that the first upgrade makes it a higher find chance, second makes you able to double find items and the third stage makes you able to find big pearls and fragments. The same thing could be added to other costumes aswell.

Explorer: Explained above
    Preschooler: The more catches the less it works
    PokeBreeder: First stage less dust to evolve. Second stage more dust from candy. Third stage, higher chance for Devo Spray
    Scientist: First stage higher chance to clone. Second stage able to double clone. Third stage able to triple clone!
    Rocket: First stage steal from Collector. Second stage steal from Scientist. Third stage steal from NPC
    BattleGirl: First stage better in Arena battles. Second stage better in Tower battles. Third stage better in

ETC, in case you are wondering why I quit half way I asked Rice if it was worth my time posting this
    (20:12:04) RiceKirby: Use your time better

22. Fuzzysqurl

I was going for full out safari wipe for that user, so this seems like a logical choice in comparison. If anyone complains, direct them here to show it could be worse.

23. xburnout

PO Trainer Name:
    xburnout
    I just figured out that if you Favorite the Spyball and you bait/gacha you do throw the Spy ball but you are not stealthy. Is it possible to change this that if you use it as Favorite you also bait/gacha in spy form?

24. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Will be fixed next update.

xburnout and Nightfall Alicorn like this.
  25. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Why is crimson cd not lowered ;~;

Anyway devs, I have another suggestion. Starters are tradebanned. This is very cool and I think would be wonderful if extendable. As in, there are some other mons that I would like to keep safe from mistaken trades/sells. Currently the only way to do this is to add the mon in question to shop, which is problematic because it is not truly safe there (except for adding it for a retarded price which is retarded), so yep.

Something like /protect snorlax should suffice; though some other ideas like automatically protecting mons present in your party etc is indeed viable.

Also; spy/gacha bug not fully fixed:

±Tauros: mibuchiha goes to grab their item from the Gachapon Machine but the capsule was swiped by the wild Pokémon!

Same as MB and other cool wins.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Joeypals!! and xburnout like this.
  26. xburnout

PO Trainer Name:
    xburnout
    I really like Mibuchiha's idea, a lockup command that locks the pokemon. You could show them in your box with a back collor (like the yellow on shiny) but with a different collor. This also allows other (many times suggested) ideas. For example the mass selling, which is able because you can lock the pokemon you want to keep!

Joeypals!! likes this.
  27. xburnout

PO Trainer Name:
    xburnout
    Ever since we had the Orange message I've been thinking, it is now banned ofcourse. But what if we reintroduced it to kill off the richies. Put a target in the Gachapon machine, whenever someone gets the Target from it an Orange message pops up and we can rock the person!

tl;dr, put the orange rock message in Gachapon

28. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    I have recently learned that you can unwatch your own battle. This is a very cool feature and I think should be extended.

So I would like to request one (in my mind is a) fairly simple extension: the ability to set this permanently. As in /nowatch will effectively unwatch all battles and only the text results are shown. This feature would be most useful when doing tower, as it removes the need to unwatch every single battle manually.

29. LittleRoot

LittleRoot Active Member

Hi. I wanna suggest an idea for balls idk if this topic is already discussed or not. From the begging of the safari there are only few changes come in the balls. since the Alchemist is a thing, I would suggest to bring some apricons in the game to make different balls from different apricon. The apricons could be find via finder, every ball has their specific colored apricon like Blue=Luxury, Black=Spy, Green=Clone, White=Heavy, Pink=Quick etc. and every apricon can found according to ball's rarity.

30. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Not sure if finding them by Itemfinder makes sense since you can already find Luxury and Spy Balls through Itemfinder... maybe for the other ones though

31. LittleRoot

LittleRoot Active Member

Ah. Then we can make a single apricon for every ball like mega stone and be done through alchemist with the help of different ingredients like 15-20 baits 15-20 easter eggs and some regular balls and this apricon is used to make those balls like 10 luxuries or 5 heavies from 1 apricon also a whole apricon can be found via finder if explorer costume is on like ball fragments

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Joeypals!! and xburnout like this.
  32. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

Single ball fragment as a rare chance contest prize for some themes.

33. Yttrium

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Get rid of wild Pokemon, they're always annoying and in the way, preventing me from changing my party and starting battles and such.

34. Nightfall Alicorn

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Can it also stop interfering with quests that don't interfere with the party or boxes too. Someone could be in tower and then join last half of contest, but what if I wanna tower while I'm nerf mid contest for example.

Also add a timer check if it is even possible to bait before contest starts. I /bait check, then . check and when it's finally time message says contest about to start, it could had told me before I /bait check a minute before. :x

Zoroark likes this.
  35. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    You can /view off and /view on to decide if people can view your team or not, it would be nice if this function could also be applied to all sorts of battles (Arena, tower and personal challenges) just because I don't like people to be tracking me and copying my teams, and I'm pretty sure that many people share this feeling/opinion.

36. Yttrium

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Confirming that I steal Zoroark's teams.
    tbh I feel like this a way for new players to learn if no one is giving them advice. What's the problem with other people using the same tower/arena team?

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  37. Nightfall Alicorn

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Some people tend to hide their legends so they don't keep getting PMs I imagine. :x

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  38. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    My problem is that I like to have privacy, that's all. Following your logic, then what's the problem with disallowing "new players" from viewing your party when you are just idle or not doing any NPC battle? Or what is the problem when activating Disallow Spectators to prevent other people, including "new players" to "learn" if no one is giving them advice? The reason for this suggestion is a matter of privacy. Not only me, lots of players here want to have their tower/arena teams confidential, and not all teams work in the same way.

39. Fuzzysqurl

tl;dr: Fix inverted type mod

Inverted type doesn't respect multiple immunities

40. Pain34736

Pain34736 New Member

How about adding level ball? Ignores type disadvantage on Pokémon <= 250 BST like a cheap myth ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.