1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Idea for Teambuilder

Discussion in 'Development General' started by PlantDePot, Nov 8, 2015.

1. PlantDePot

PlantDePot U U

PO Trainer Name:
    PlantDePot
    Hey; I am PlantDePot:
    I wanted to say that i like building teams in tiers, but i think it is pretty hard cause you have to look every pokemon up in a long categorial list.
    I thought you maybe could add the tier next to the name of the pokemon??
    Example: Whimsicott UU
    Mamoswine UU

2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    I dislike this feature ( that exists on Showdown) mainly because it affects way too much the teambuilding and makes the teams generic and when you try to build a OU team and then you randomly add let's stay Virizion which is NU, you will immediatly be like 'oh it's NU so it's bad'

Joeypals!! and Nightfall Alicorn like this.
  3. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    It's not just that, you'll need to update po every tier shift and every time something gets banned. So I don't think this is ever gonna happen

Joeypals!! and Nightfall Alicorn like this.
  4. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    To be honest. I wished PO had a team builder plugin where it only displays Pokemon that can enter the tier specified of choice. It solves the issue of people coming on Tohjo saying why is my team being put in this tier, why is everyone using legends or why is my team not being used.

Newer people don't know that changing to a tier after loading it displays what is wrong and it time consuming having to go back and change some things.

Also, of course, let lower Pokemon enter in higher ones. @Elize Lutus

I think users, if others are like me, don't play lower tiers much because we don't like going back and fourth with checking the tier list page. Were we prefer having what can be used presenting in front of us.

Also, if Monotype, at least hide the other types after choosing first Pokemon. Since users have to click a few more times each time in advanced since it forgets the search results every time the widget window closes.

What I'm saying is, if we make the app easier and more presentable it be easier and make users more happy.

(I think this thread better in the suggestions section on the fourms by the way: http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/simulator-suggestions.8/)

Haze Victory and Purpleseamonkey like this.
  5. Haze Victory

Haze Victory Dem slumps..~

Imo just hide the mons that cannot participate in a tier. Let's say a user selects UU in the teambuilder, immediately have the program remove Talonflame and the other OU mons off the list for selection. There doesn't need to be a display of tiers by the mon's name, as I agree with Carl, that may make the newer players hesitant on using a certain mon that says 'NU', or 'LU' by their name let's say when they're building OU or higher regardless of the mon's viability in OU or higher (Whatever higher tier the person is building in).
    Imo this could be very much like the generation selection where a mon that doesn't belong to a certain generation is simply not displayed. The same could be done with tiers but under a different drop down menu perhaps.

As for having to update this every shift, doesn't the database already place people into the new tiers based on their mons after every shift? Fpr example let's say I have Drapion on my NU team, and the next shift comes by and Drapion leaves NU, the game would thereafter automatically start placing me in LU since Drapion is no longer NU but a part of my team. Since this is the case I am assuming the database is indeed updated every shift without negligence and it would go to resolve this flaw in the new sorting method greatly, if this could be directly synced with the database somehow. The game already recognizes tiers and places you in the right tier without fail, that said.

And yeah, lol. It would be appreciated If a moderator could move this thread to the Simulator Suggestions section.

6. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    I don't understand why people want that much this feature.

If I follow the suggestion you gave, it means you should fix the tier you want to play with. Let's say I want to build a team with Virizion but I don't know what tier I want to play. Why should I restrain myself to think about the tier i'm going to play when I just want to build around a core ( let's say Virizion-Entei-Mega Blastoise) and not knowing if I'm going to pick either UU or OU. This is very limatating in terms of creativity imo. Tiers thread and current alerts to what is banned in tier are enough if people are confused about what the matter is in team

7. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Pokemon Stadium on Nintendo 64 for example. It only displayed the Pokemon that could be used in certain cups. This is what I'm trying to say.

I'm not saying to show all UU tier Pokemon and have tags to show others are NU, just restrict the ones that can't be played from showing.

If there too many baton passes in a team or dream world is not released, make team builder say mid-build, not once you finished the team and start battling this puts people, like me, off lower tiers.

Hope this makes more sense.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Haze Victory likes this.
  8. Haze Victory

Haze Victory Dem slumps..~

Let's say you want to play with Virizion why would you want to select a tier to play with it? Just use it and you will be placed in the highest tier according to your team. You can always select a specific tier that you want to virizion in if incase you are to aim for a specific tier, say UU, LU or NU. ANd no this doesn't limit creativity anymore so that what the current tiering system does. Displaying mons that cannot be used in a player's desired tier is no less limiting of creativity imo. Besides, not most players are nerds/ geeks/ ancient (?) like you and I are, and they often find themselves struggling to fit the lower tiers when they feel like casually building for one, or even seriously for that matter. Most players don't realize what tier most mons to belong to as many a times some very viable mons lie in lower tiers that usually wouldn't be expected to lie in lower tiers, and the players may have no idea of knowing that they do, ot why (See Virizion, Escavalier lying in NU, or Celebi lying in LU). These mons aren't what the people would usually assume to be mons lying in a lower tier because viability simply screams otherwise, but as is the usage system, they are. The new form of selection would greatly go to solve this crisis, and would greatly enable the newer/ average experienced players to get into new tiers in a manner much easier than what exists right now. Now, I don't say spoon feed newer members, but lol, sorting out mon by tiers, the same way they can be sorted out, in order of their generation right now, isn't spoon feeding. I am sorry if this comes off as an offensive post lol, I don't plan on making it one. This is actually something I strongly feel is needed in the simulator to promote a more competitive environment, and will probably also play a role in increasing the activity in the lower tiers.