1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Event Move + Ability illegal combos

Discussion in 'Bugs and Fixes' started by VirajVora, Dec 3, 2014.

1. VirajVora

VirajVora VirajVora...

PO Trainer Name:
    Viraj / Virus
  2. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

The post before and after this were 2 different threads that related to the same issue:

Events have no validity checks against other events relating to any pair of: pokemon, move, or ability.
    Only move-move has a validity check.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  3. Elite's Aaron

Elite's Aaron Sinnoh's Elite

on PO you can use Cosplay Pikachu + egg moves as long as you don't give him the cosplay moves. It's not a serious bug, it makes it so you can dress up your pikachu and give it egg moves as long as you don't give it the cosplay moves.

Cosplay Pikachu can't have egg moves on 3ds, but on PO it can have egg moves, past gen tutors or HM/TMs as long as it doesn't have the special cosplay move. The way it is now, it's, "You can dress up your pikachu as long it doesn't have a cosplay move. (Draining Kiss, etc.)

4. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Thought I mention that because it's related to the post on forms. Keldio is able to use Keldio-R only move Secret Sword which makes it evolve into Keldio-R. I imagine appearance is important to predict what that Pokemon knows.

Edit: If I'm correct this was only allowed in BW1.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  5. Elite's Aaron

Elite's Aaron Sinnoh's Elite

What I mean is that Cosplay Pikachu can't breed, so it can't have any egg moves. It also can't have past gen tutors or TM/HMs.

On PO You can still give any Cosplay Pikachu forme egg moves/past gen tutors/TM/HMs, as long as you don't give it's respective move. This is a bug. Pikachu-Belle can never have Volt Tackle. Yet on PO, you can have it as long as you don't give it Icicle Crash.

6. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

I was able to remove Pre-Evo and Egg moves from 6th gen. I just can't figure out where it is adding past gen moves...

7. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    I think it would be line 221 in movesetchecker

8. Fuzzysqurl

Well, I'm talking more about in the MoveMachine. The moves shouldn't appear at all on the listing. I suppose though we could fix the validation part, but id still like it if the moves never even appeared on the list (so people don't get error messages for half the moves they try).

I added a check in there anyway to address the issue for now for Cosplay Pikachu.

EDIT: PS, Pikachu did get Celebrate and Lightningrod.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015