1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Translations

Discussion in 'Development General' started by coyotte508, Apr 21, 2010.

1. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

Great :)

Follow the instructions in the original post, and tell me if you have any problem (just copy another .ts file and rename it to have _ca at the end)

2. Seriousdog

Seriousdog New Member

I can't find the .ts file. There's just a .qm in here :S

3. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

4. Seriousdog

Seriousdog New Member

Oh! Now I see it, eh! Thank you mate :)

5. Seriousdog

Seriousdog New Member

Just one question: does PO read characters like à, ç or l·l?

6. coyotte508

If they're in the translation files, no problems. If they're in the other text files, they need to be UTF-8 (with BOM) to display fine on every platform.

7. Seriousdog

Seriousdog New Member

Alright! Thank you again ^^

8. Seriousdog

Seriousdog New Member

9. coyotte508

I need the .ts file, not the .qm one!

10. Blackwisp

Blackwisp Spirit from Darkness

Alright, I managed to do the first part of the translations. Coming next: finishing the moves effects and stuff, rest of the items and all the Pokedex-related stuff:

http://www.mediafire.com/?85aa99aduk4rn20

11. Croak

Croak 20/20 hindsight

Partial Turkish translation
    If anyone wants to continue it, that'd be great. I'm back from my vacation from Turkey and no longer have access to a Turkish keyboard :c

12. Blackwisp

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1i5r9kq6dmtrwes

Updated Italian Translation!
    ° What's new
    - Totally translated moves' and item's sections
    - Fixed some mistakes in the previous translation

° What has to be done
    - Translation of the 3 pokemon description files (Pokedex stuff)

Also, I have a question, Coyotte.
    Seems moves effect's messages don't work, even if they're organized like all the other files (those files however work fine)
    To made those files work, I divided the main numbers (the ones that will be called by the code) and their messages with a line. Made like this with the moves effect's messages too, but those aren't working and I don't know why. Thanks for the attention

13. coyotte508

Thanks but you copied the whole db folder... I only need the specific translated files.

Thanks! I updated the changes, though i don't understand what you mean by your problem. (maybe if you give an example)

14. Blackwisp

Well, to put that in pratical terms, even if i translated those files, they still won't appear as translated in the ITA translations:
    for example, the effect of flamethrower won't appear in italian even if it's translated.

15. coyotte508

oh right. It's tricky, there are 3 files (including one in the gens/subgens folder) and only 2 of them are being used

16. Blackwisp

so I translated the unused file -.- Thanks anyway coyotte ^^
    Oh yeah, looking at the description files, seems they're from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    Should I translate them or waitfor the Black/white ones?
    The files I'm talking about are named like description_16,description_17, etc.

17. coyotte508

Those are the pokedex files (and pokedex doesn't work in new version)

18. Blackwisp

http://www.mediafire.com/?f7ae8amsa36exut

Even more Updated Italian Translation. At this point almost anything has been translated

WHAT'S NEW

- Now moves effect's translation works and can be seen
    - Translated moves effects for all the Generations
    - Translated Egg types
    - Fixed even more translation mistakes

WHAT HAS TO BE DONE

-Still the Pokedex description files I told about in a previous post. I'll translate them for sure when the Pokedex will work again

TRANSLATIONS THAT DON'T WORK
    (referring to the .qm file)

- Clauses definitions
    - All the stuff about the server.exe file
    - Teambuilder thing (on the moves box, the words TYPE,PP ect. don't appear as translated, and so are their description

19. WindBellKL

WindBellKL New Member

https://www.box.com/s/cd4b7tpehe97kdre2q5m

An updated Chinese ( zh-cn) translation. Txt,ts and qm files included.
    Most part are translated but those part of Pokedex and Server are left.

Thanks for administrators and developers' work on maintenance !

20. coyotte508

21. Blackwisp

As I thought, the ITA translation you have is not the right one. Here's the latest one:http://www.mediafire.com/?nk6rv6jozdamaxk

Also, I noticed that the main Qt Translation file doesn't work on some parts of PO: I'll list them here:
    - Clauses Definitions
    - All the text that concernes the server.exe file
    - Teambuilder things (referring to the move box in the Teambuilder, the words TYPE,PP ect. don't appear as translated. Also, scrolling on them shows their descriptions untraslated as well)

22. coyotte508

Alright, italian translation added to the dev version! (when github will start working again)

23. WindBellKL

WindBellKL New Member

24. coyotte508

Updated!

25. Blackwisp

Coyotte, since the release of PO 2.0.10, I have reasons to think the .qt file I have right now is not useful enough, since new strings have been added and some aren't translated, thought I did translate them in Qt Linguist. So, can you please give me the more recent version of that file, please? thanks a lot!

26. coyotte508

Alright, i've updated it on the github repo.

27. Blackwisp

However, checking around inside PO, I noticed some things that have to be fixed:
    1- In animated battles, the Attack/Defense stuff that pops up when you scroll on a Pokemon doesn't show the translations (the old battle window one did, though)
    2- Translations aren't show either when you scroll onto the battle clauses (inside a Request Challenge window)
    3- Inside the PO folder, I noticed that both the MoveMachine and the Server.exe files don't show any kind of translation (and since I translated all the translation file you gae me, I don't know why it's like this)
    4- This is more of a question: is there a way to make PO show translations for credits and tips? (I tried copying the files into the trans/it/db folder and translating them a bit. But it didn't work)

I know that I may appear annoying telling all of this, but I want to do my best to improve PO as much as I can as well, just like you and your partners.

28. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there

It is normal that Server and MoveMachine do not have translated user interface. They have rather small usage base where it most likely won't be worth it to translate them.

Suggestion to translate credits is good but I'm concerned about it getting out of date easier that way for translations.

29. Blackwisp

Updated Italian Translations:Translations ITA

Translated new strings from the 2.0.10 version, as well as fixed old ones.

30. ashy

ashy New Member

31. Manectric-Rang

Manectric-Rang Unown-Ç ftw

Finally, a Spanish translation.

There are some untranslated (and properly commented) strings; which are almost always invisible or serverside. Furthermore, there are some strings that are not shown when opening .ts file, such as Close tab alt text, Copy/Copy link location/Select all options or file explorer content. Also, the mode (singles/doubles/triples) in Mode: Singles message at the beginning of battles is shown in English despite being translated in .qm file.

This .zip also includes abilities, items, berries and moves messages in Spanish and Spanish gen and version names.

I may update the file if I realize any mistakes.

32. WindBellKL

WindBellKL New Member

Suggestion: in the menu "Language" of the main window, most language are written in their native language name ( like Francais for French, Deutsch for Germany ). But the Chinese Simplified is written in English and it has been making some users unable find how to set the language. To keep the consistence I think it should be "简体中文(zh-cn)" instead of "Chinese Simplified (zh-cn)" in the menu.

33. coyotte508

Ok, it's set up in next version!

34. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    I was planning on starting on a Tagalog translation for PO but English is pretty much the language norm of the country also the Filipino community is limited to 2-3 regulars as well as english fluent randoms.

35. Manectric-Rang

Manectric-Rang Unown-Ç ftw

I updated some messages in the Spanish translation (the link is the same, I just updated the file). By the way, my first translation has not been added...

EDIT: I updated it again.

EDIT again: I updated it one more time.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013