1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[NOC] Rivals Mafia - Game ends

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Pyanda, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar Proud Canadian

PO Trainer Name:
    ajhockeystar
    Thanks Vet, but I'm not scum >.>

@Julio-56 Seriously you need to talk man. If you're town you should speak up and start posting thoughts.

2. Marquis

Marquis beez in the whazzit??

i just realized that 3 votes are needed to lynch no lynch is an inevitability unless we decide to lynch the other scum
    which is probably julio
    but no lynch is happening so vet don't get your hopes up :)

3. Marquis

or well it could be aj because unlike every other town lylo of his it feels like he's actually trying to do something this time

4. Marquis

5. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    Unvote aj

Ok, I will just kill Marquis cause I'm most sure about him being town.

6. Marquis

ok rip

7. Pyanda

Pyanda New Member

Ok so Marquis died and stuff. I am busy so I'll do flips and stuff later.

8. Pyanda

Pyanda New Member

Marquis died Day 4. They were JOAT Serial Killer.

Town in LYLO.

Vote count 4.1

ajhockeystar (0)
    - Veteran Padgett
    Veteran Padgett (0)
    Julio-56 (0)

2 to lynch

Deadline is 10PM GMT 18th of November, about 53 hours from now.

9. Julio-56

Julio-56 Member

vote Veteran Padgett
    I think you choose wrong

10. ajhockeystar

PO Trainer Name:
    ajhockeystar
    YES

I'm not gonna hammer and just use my ability because I feel like it :P

11. Pyanda

Pyanda New Member

Vote count 4.Final

ajhockeystar (0)
    - Veteran Padgett
    Veteran Padgett (1) - Julio-56
    Julio-56 (0)

2 to lynch

Veteran Padgett
    was lynched Day 4. They were Day Serial Killer.

The Town win condition has been reached.

ajhockeystar survived and won Day 4. They were Town 1-Shot Executioner.

Julio-56 survived and won Day 4. They were Town Tracker.

Congratz Town. A bit of post game/host thoughts coming up.

12. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
  13. ajhockeystar

PO Trainer Name:
    ajhockeystar
    Yay! GG. And Julio smh you have to talk more.

Also you flipped Vet's role without deathproof.

14. NotMafia

NotMafia Miltank: Destroyer of Souls

PO Trainer Name:
    NotMafia
    Ended up following this game as I was an automatic sub. Congrats town and thanks to Pyanda for running it, but for your future games, a game with 2 solo scum isn't technically mafia as there's no informed minority, should always have a 2+ member scum faction in future.

15. Pyanda

Pyanda New Member

Post game/host thoughts. (There is a shortened version near the end of the post for lazy readers.)

Going to start off with the Town Win Condition. This was the topic that got Town out of RVS Day 1 and Rioku cleaned aj with it. At first aj talked about having multiple scum teams and I was quite surprised that a villy got the meaning of the title this early on. But then I was like wait what? And I had to check the role PM I sent aj multiple times to make sure I didn't send the wrong role. Anyways, I copy and pasted Hop's Cop PM win con which was ripped straight out of Mafiawiki Town Cop Role PM so yeah. Not sure how that cleaned anyone but whatever.

Very much so. The JOAT Serial Killer was the role that I focused the game around and was inspired by the JOAT Mafia from POanon2, I just really liked the idea of a JOAT Mafia so yeah. The Compulsive Seraph Knight was definitely my own idea though is also from POanon2. Having said this the roles were definitely randomized just saying.

I didn't quite understand the Lati lynch Day 1. 2 scum started it with no reason at all and then town sheeped it. I guess town was scared of deadline or something I don't even know.

Night 1 actions was amazing.
    Thief on Cop, hahahahahahahahaha
    Seraph Knight on Serial Killer, uh oh, rip town.
    Scum on Cop, wow Thief actually saved the Cop action, powerful @Fiery Espeon.
    Tracker on Babysitter, Rioku was actually idling that Night which was a waste of the Tracker's time.

Inactivity was a problem Day 2. I was getting really concerned for village after the empowered Day Serial Killer. I really did not want to modkill at all costs so I PM'ed NM to be a sub (who replied 3 days later or something lol). Seriously though, thanks @NotMafia for being a sub, I appreciate it even if you didn't end up subbing in.

Inactivity actually saved Town Day 2 from a mislynch so no comment on that.

Night 2.
    Standard picking off strong town kill pattern.
    New Cop on Day SK, very well done to @Fiery Espeon definitely the best ability user this game.
    Tracker on Day SK...

MYLO/LYLO situation was my fault. There were 2 separate scum with the risk of crossfire so I couldn't really use the normal definition for MYLO and LYLO. So I went with the definition that LYLO is town less than scum +2.

Another highlight of the game comes along when Vet killed Dreams, there goes Vet's protection. Also Vet claiming Bulletproof Reporter was kind of a gamble, just claiming Bulletproof would have been safer in my opinion.

Sidenote: I customized half of the roles to hinder town/confuse town so not every role can do what it was supposed to.

Strange Night 3 kill on Fiery I felt.
    Tracker also on Fiery, rip.

Vet claiming scum Day 4 and helped town to seal up the game was really weird. I thought the optimum play was no lynching and no killing. I thought village was done for after the mass claim and aj claiming as Executioner which was a way to beat scum 1v1. I can't believe town actually won but good job.

Ok I am done.

Postgame

Day 1
    -Rioku cleaned Aj with Town Win Con?
    -Inspired by Marquis lol yeah
    -Lati lynch what how 2 scum then town sheep

Night 1
    -LOL Thief on Cop
    -LOL Scum on Cop
    -LOL BG on scum
    -LOL Tracker on inactive BS

Day 2
    -PM'ed NM to sub, thanks man!
    -Inactivity no lynch Day 2 kind of saved town tbh

Night 2
    -Standard picking off strong town mafia
    -OOO 1 SCUM FOUND TOWN MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE HOPE

Day 3
    -tbh I don't really know how to MYLO/LYLO with more than 1 scum fac. you know. so i went with the definition that LYLO is town less than scum +2
    -LOL scum killed their BG
    -sidenote: i customised half of the roles
    -Vet claimed BP reporter was a gamble tbh, i would have just went with BP for safety
    -yeah town needs xfire now

Night 3
    -Strange kill I thought

Day 4
    -yeah not exactly LYLO
    -Vet claimed?!
    -Vet helped town what??

Hi [Player], you are a Town 1-Shot Cop.
    You can investigate a player at Night once.
    You will learn if the player is sides with Town.
    Your result will return as Town/Not Town/No result.
    Your action will get used even if it fails.
    You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and at least one town player survives.

Hi [Player], you are a Town 1-Shot Thief.
    You can convert a player into a Vanilla Townie and steal their role at Night.
    You are a Miller.
    You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and at least one town player survives.

Hi [Player], you are a Town Tracker.
    You can investigate a player at Night.
    You will learn who that player targeted the same night, if any.
    You will either get a result or no response.

Hi [Player], you are a Town 1-Shot Sensor.
    You can investigate the lynch wagon on the previous Day starting from Night 2.
    You will learn if any Anti-Town players are on the wagon.
    Your result will return as Yes/No.

Hi [Player], you are a Town Babysitter.
    You can protect another player from a single kill at Night.
    Your target will die if you are killed.

Hi [Player], you are a Town Suicide Arsonist.
    You can kill a player by killing yourself first at Night.
    Your death can not be prevented even if your target is protected once this action is successfully used.
    You will also burn away any evidence which means there will be no flips on any deaths caused by your action.

Hi [Player], you are a Town Compulsive Seraph Knight.
    You must choose another player to protect against all kills throughout the entire game during Night 1.
    You cannot change your target unless your target dies, then you must choose another player the next Night.

Hi [Player], you are a Town 1-Shot Executioner.
    You can PM the Mod and end the Day by lynching a player who has acquired half the required lynch votes during Day.
    You will not be exposed.

Hi [Player], you are a Day Serial Killer.
    You can PM the Mod to kill a player any time during the Day starting from Day 2. (It's best to give me 24 hours notice if you want your target to die at a specific time, if you don't specify a time then I will flip as soon as I see the PM.)
    You will not be exposed.
    You are also 1-Shot Deathproof meaning you can't be lynched or killed once. (I wouldn't tell you when it's used.)
    You win when you are the last alive or last to die.

Hi [Player], you are a JOAT Serial Killer.
    You can choose one action out of the following each Night.
    -Strongman kill, ignores protection.
    -Ninja kill, doesn't show up on investigation roles.
    -Self Deflector, you can choose a player and all actions targeted at you the same Night will target your player of choice instead.
    You win when you are the last alive or last to die.

Night 1
    Fiery Espeon steals Hopkirk
    Dreams sleep Veteran Padgett
    Marquis ninja Hopkirk
    Julio-56 track Rioku

Night 2
    Marquis strongman dopog
    Fiery Espeon inspect Veteran Padgett
    Julio-56 track Veteran Padgett

Night 3
    Marquis ninja Fiery Espeon
    Julio-56 track Fiery Espeon

Dead QT

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  16. Pyanda

Pyanda New Member

I didn't include it in the role name cause I felt the name would be too long.

Thanks man, I just wanted to try it.

17. Marquis

cry

pyanda i'm flattered and i hope u realize all the negative things i said about u/game were just a part of me playing my scumgame

18. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
    ty. clearly, i played the game best :)

19. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    I am good at this game

20. dopog

dopog

hey
    this was an interesting game. Enjoyed the role madness aspects but I think the absence of a multiplayer mafia team actually creates less to talk about because the "mafia" interactions (as much as we want to make them up) are actually not there. I dunno, just a theory
    Not that I don't like the idea of two serial killers in the same set-up but I guess knowledge of what teams are the bad guys qualitatively changes the way you play the game... anyways

have some random comments

@Veteran Padgett you have to kill someone there, after the claim anyway. I figure that the other mafia will just kill you at night and take their chances in a lylo if you do nothing. And I think marquis does look town there, even if a lot of that is just that he set himself up against you with the "I didn't use an action n1" (funny that it was a ninja, wonder what marquis' thoughts were immediately in that situation). Perhaps that's a bias of some kind (I'm a bad guy so someone who always thought I was a bad guy is probably a good guy?) but it's understandable.

My only insights on the game from my end are that it's really hard to gain traction on the votes you want when you're not super confident in those mafia reads. e.g. I'm a little happy that vet actually was mafia because when Dreams was like "vet isn't mafia" I was tempted to change my views (I didn't) but it meant I didn't pursue it. It's like "I think this guy is mafia but I don't care enough if others do??" - not that vet was getting voted d2 - he played well - anyway glad things turned out the way they did.

I feel as if @Marquis deserved to make it to a lylo - although I get upset whenever you suggest I'm not town (although that predictor probably would lead to a 50% success rate) : (

@Fiery Espeon - think that you were willing to make judgements and put stuff on the line, which was cool, but I feel as if you talk about yourself too much in relation to why you think people are going after you or whatever? I dunno, just means that people might not care about what you're saying

I enjoyed the way @Dreams played - he was the only person I was pretty sure was town
    He sees the game in unique but actually useful ways! - and he could have pushed for Marquis lynch

Day 1 was probably too slow? I dunno, that's definitely on us as players but I wanted to hear more from lati : (

Potentially the high town loss rate of last year/early this year was variance? We've won the last three or four games right, (with different people being the difference each time too)?
    Or perhaps it's easier to recognise patterns in others you play with a lot, not "meta" per se (kinda given up on "doing" meta consciously) more just seeing certain things we've seen before make us more likely to think someone is town/mafia - but don't necessarily know it's cause we've seen those things - which ultimately benefits town?

21. dopog

dopog

thanks pyanda : )

and byee all!

22. Dreams

Dreams Active Member

The miracle
    I was obv town >:o

23. Latimaster

Latimaster Member

:( I wanted to kill someone n1