1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Popup on Exit button

Discussion in 'Implemented' started by MetalGross, Jul 31, 2014.

1. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

Due to summer vacation I've had plenty of time to play PO, which usually results to me laddering on the OU ladder. But gym season is also going on and recently in a match vs Marcoasd I accidentally clicked on the Exit button when I was in a favorable position… so I lost the game. Good as he is, Marcoasd suggested to act like nothing happened and play a new 2nd game with new teams/sets etc.

It happens quite often (well to me at least) that the Exit button is accidentally clicked upon when I go from a battle back to the chat. It's annoying when it happens while you're laddering, but somewhat more 'important' if you do this in a tour battle or in gym battles! I think it's easy to fix though. If you click on the Forfeit button, a popup shows up that says "Are you sure you want to forfeit?". If it could be implemented to do the same with the Exit button along the lines of "Are you sure you want to leave?", it would be fixed.

Not sure this is hard to implement or not, hope this is a helpful suggestion at least!

Withoutatrace likes this.
  2. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

I'm assuming you mean "Are you sure you want to leave?" to pop up every time. It might be a good idea to only pop up a window if a battle of your own is in progress to avoid making the user go through unnecessary steps to exit when it doesn't really benefit them. I think the x button should be left alone (I know that wasn't mentioned, just saying since it's related and suggested before) since normally users expect programs to close sort of instantly when they click that (I do anyway).

3. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~ Administrator Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Options->Show Exit Warning?

4. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

Oh I didn't know that existed. Karppu already told me that existed earlier today and I kinda forgot about this. Guess this thread is useless then.

5. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Both the client and battle window will now have a confirmation before closing (Battle Window will be like you're clicking "forfeit")

6. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

I'm assuming both are triggered by "before exit warning"?

7. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~ Administrator Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    No. I added the client one and it doesn't do that. Due to the way it works, it's not really possible (easily). Fuzzy copied my code, so I'm assuming the same is ignored for the battle window (Actually I could easily add it for battle window, client might be a little harder, but I'll see)

EDIT: Done them both, but the client one is a bit awkward, because you have to join a server to set the setting. But oh well, I suppose it's better this way since most people only care when they're connected

Last edited: May 12, 2015