1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Voting) Community Battle #58: Kyrk vs Key to Destruction (Gen 5 UU)

Discussion in 'Voting Section' started by smbcha (Derwin), May 15, 2014.

?

Rate This Video!

1. 10

11.1%
  2. 9

11.1%
  3. 8

33.3%
  4. 7

22.2%
  5. 6

22.2%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

Narrated by Laurel
    Edited by Derwin

We would like to know what you thought about the narration.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 - 1 is terrible, 5 is average, and 10 is perfect - please vote on this.
    We request that you also make a post explaining why you chose the rating you voted on with your criticism - this is to help potentially improve the narrators and/or editors for future videos!

2. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

3. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

Battle was good.

I enjoyed the commentary by Laurel as well. I cba to go into details but it definitely made the experience more enjoyable to watch. I liked the fast pace he spoke at

4. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Gave it a 6. Maybe could've gone 7 but oh well.

Laurel makes some really good commentary, but he's really rushed at times, and it overall just sounds really abrasive- maybe getting a better mike would help? Also the pronunciation of Extrasensory irked me a little lol (EXtraSENsory, saying it like exTRAsenSORY just sounds really weird imo). Solid effort though, content of what you said was great.

Might as well mention that I really love those little icon things for the team overview on the side. They look pretty cool.

Battle was pretty decent I guess- like Laurel says, some great plays- but Kyrk was in a pretty dominant position for a fairly significant portion of the battle (Pretty much from when he got status on the Registeel and Raikou, which was at like 3:30)

5. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

this battle was before i know how to say extrasensory :( i know it is rushed cause i don't know how to slow down the replay thing, but i am awesome so 10 :] thanks Derwin

6. Virizion

Virizion ~ Taste the Rainbow ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Virizion
    >vay-riz-on

I liked the commentary, thought it was really well detailed, but it did sound like Laurel was shouting at some times into the microphone, which can put some people off-guard to an extent. Nevertheless I liked the battle, it was fast-paced (even though the commentary did seem a bit rushed, as other people mentioned before!), fun to watch, and Curse Snorlax is really cool.

Not much to say on this one, but considering other people's thoughts in mind and with what I've just said, I'm going to give it an 8 (I was gonna give a 7, but I'm a generous person). :)

7. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

As someone who has done commentaries I can vouch, that replay window is a nightmare to work with

Dw about the pronunciations, I made a whle video calling it haw-lu-ka

and how the fuck do you pronouce alomomala seriously that thing is a bitch to say

8. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

How about Arceus though?

Like I was never sure if that c is hard or soft. Or if it's ee-us or ay-us (like deus). Apparently Ar-key-us is official but I only know that because I looked it up on bulbapedia, otherwise it would be so ambiguous