1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Voting) Community Battle #57 - Fille vs PKGaming (Gen 5 UU)

Discussion in 'Voting Section' started by smbcha (Derwin), Apr 9, 2014.

?

Rate This Video!

1. 10

41.7%
  2. 9

25.0%
  3. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

33.3%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

Narrated by Cloud7z
    Edited by Derwin

We would like to know what you thought about the narration.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 - 1 is terrible, 5 is average, and 10 is perfect - please vote on this.
    We request that you also make a post explaining why you chose the rating you voted on with your criticism - this is to help potentially improve the narrators and/or editors for future videos!

2. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

11/10

Jokes aside, thanks for editing the video Derwin :)

3. Fille

Fille True GenderBender

PO Trainer Name:
    N/A
    Really enjoyed watching this narration, Derwin did a great job making the thumbnail, the backgrounds are just awesome. Cloud, you did an excellent job, on some part you are just talking about it like it's all standard, with just a little bit of excitement, then suddenly you light up and almost blow when someone goes or an unexpected move (Explosion on Slowbro for instance) which gives the video and narration a bit more flavour ! Love your accent as well mate ♥

4. Virizion

Virizion ~ Taste the Rainbow ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Virizion
    That ending of the video made me laugh so much. Good job Derwin. ^_^

Anyways onto the battle, I thought that Cloud7Z narrated really well in a great battle between 2 really experienced players. Like Fille mentioned, he started to become more excited when Explosion on Metagross came, which is quite an uncommon move to see on the massive crystal. I also felt that it was really good for him to create awareness of the PO YouTube Channel at the end of the battle, and that could mean something (provided it works), so well done there. Overall then, I'm giving it a 9/10. The only reason that it is not a 10/10 was because it was the tiniest bit boring half-way through before the Explosion came (for me, anyways) and that not everything is perfect, right? ;)

Also Fille, you'll now be called Fidge. XD

5. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

I am 100% sure that is how it is supposed to be pronounced :P Back me up here Fille x)

6. Fille

Fille True GenderBender

PO Trainer Name:
    N/A
    It's pronounced 'Fee' :]

7. Minako

Minako SEES

PO Trainer Name:
    Minako
    We would like to know what you thought about the narration.

I like the narration a lot: 8/10. He knows what he's talking about, and has little to know stuttering or awkward pausing, and the audio quality is pretty damned good.

On a side note "this is to help potentially improve the narrators and/or editors for future videos!" I think the editing could use just a tiny bit of work, and I'm going to talk about it here, but if this is the wrong sort've thread for this, then I'll take my future criticisms elsewhere. The health bar is hard to see with the background: and the Pokemon on the right side of the field are a touch to big, and in some cases cover the opposing Pokemon's own health bar. The background, in addition to being green (along with the health bar most of the time) it is somewhat distracting, and could be changed for a simpler one to greater effect in my opinion. It's also hard to read the names of the Pokemon even in high quality full screened. 5/10.

As such I'll rate 7/10 (because of averages rounded up).

On a further side note: it seems unwise to continue to post videos in the BW2 format when X and Y has a format. Again, this may not be the place for this, (I'm a noob and need help finding these sorts of threads) but I imagine that posting XY videos would be better since it is more relevant.

Sorry for the inconvenience or whatever XD.

8. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning