1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

POYT Narration Competition (Round 3)

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Kyrk, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Reminder: all videos for round 3 should be PMed to me or Samphire by end of Sunday 26th January!
    Late videos will incur a 20% penalty.

Round 1 and 2 results and standings should also eventually be posted in this thread.

Timeframe and Deadlines for Round 3
    - For this round, video files (not a link to the video on YouTube, the video file), must be sent to me and/or Samphire via forum PM no later than the end of Sunday 26th January, in order for all of the videos to be simultaneously uploaded.
    - Videos views and likes will be taken into account on the videos up until Saturday 31st January, when the results will be tallied and added to the judges scoring, which will take place in that period.

What to do

- Create ONE video of ONE match using the battle replays uploaded by competitors in the POYT tournament.
    - This video can be on any battle, so long as it is from POYT round 3 and is taking place on the Pokemon-Online client.
    - PM the video files to me or Samphire.
    - These will then be uploaded to the
    Pokémon Online Simulator Youtube Channel.

Scoring
    - Scoring for round 3 will be posted on a determined day once views and judge's scores have been tallied.

The Judges
    - Kyrk
    - Edgar
    - Chimpakt
    - 6fthax

Useful guides
    Uploading replays
    Guide to Recoding, Narrating and Subtitling!

The Competitors

Level100Afroman and TheHitman
    Silone
    Laurel and ThatIsWhatSheSaid
    Finchinator and noname4505
    Cloud7z and Ssikn
    Dragmirejr
    JinSwords
    Uso
    and Wavy
    TonyFlygon and Sour
    Rok
    BidoofsCrazyVideos and Latsu7
    Kiyo

2. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

Just an update on this and scoring, I shall try to post scores for rounds 1, 2 and 3 all together, as I am still waiting for a few details. This should hopefully therefore iron things out. What I can tell you so far is that the lot of you are very closely matched!

3. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Just want to give a reminder on video submissions being due tomorrow since I've only received 1 video so far.

4. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

O i forgot again, ill do it when i get home

5. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    I got the 4 active teams' video submissions, so unless a random previously inactive group wants to jump in, we should be good this round. I'll probably be uploading the videos when I wake up and triple check that they're working and are formatted correctly.

6. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

If no one else does bother to enter, will all four groups go through anyway?

7. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    All of the videos submitted have been made open to the public.

If you mean to the semifinals, yes. Also technically speaking, Wavy's team currently qualifies for semi-finals as well since they're the 5th group that has submitted a video (even though it was for only 1 round).

However, if any future rounds apart from the ones that have qualifications (semi-finals/finals) have less than 3 submitted narrations, there's a decent chance that the whole narrating tournament might be flat-out cancelled.

8. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

for next round can we claim replays as they go up so multiple people don't do the same one?

9. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    I can't see why not. Samphire or I will post the new thread tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.