1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Voting) Community Battle #56 - A loser vs Kyrk (Gen 5 UU)

Discussion in 'Voting Section' started by Kyrk, Jan 4, 2014.

?

Rate This Video!

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG

Narrated by A Loser*
    Edited by OmegaHawk

*that's his actual username, no insults intended

We would like to know what you thought about the narration.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 - 1 is terrible, 5 is average, and 10 is perfect - please vote on this.
    We request that you also make a post explaining why you chose the rating you voted on with your criticism - this is to help potentially improve the narrators and/or editors for future videos.​

2. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Narration is pretty choppy, but it is OK overall, I suppose. Not a fan of the narration, as I said, which is a major flaw and factored into my giving it a 3/10.

Although I was, admittedly, critical, I just don't accept the choppiness as it ruins any flow or momentum of the narration. Personally, I weigh it higher when rating a video - to justify my low ranking

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  3. A Moon Gust

A Moon Gust dot

PO Trainer Name:
    amg
    Such a deep analysis
    7/10

What Finch said was right, the narration was a bit choppy

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  4. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

I'm glad we got a new one so fast but the noise in the bg is annoying.

7/10 he did fine the insight was really good cuz he was playing but i wish he was louder

5. Virizion

Virizion ~ Taste the Rainbow ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Virizion
    The noise in the background was annoying as Laurel said, as well as the choppy narration at the start of the match. In my opinion, teams should have been introduced, unless this was on purpose to interest the viewer throughout the video. The first couple of turns also, when Slowbro fainted to a Megahorn, could have been because Kyrk may have been running 8 Speed EVs, which I see on Rhyperior. Apart from that, it was an alright-ish battle, but not one I loved loads. I'll give this a 4/10. Sorry guys.

6. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

I gave a 5, battle was alright imo, and the narration provided some decent insight. On the other hand, the narration was disjointed and also really flat, made it very difficult to enjoy watching

7. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

ThatIsWhatSheSaid seasoned vet

6/10
    I thought the narration provided excellent insight into the battle. The mic quality was pretty terrible and detracted from the experience, and it seemed at times the narrator was waiting for the replay to catch up with where he was in his script. I also thought the narrator's tone could have been far more conversational rather than really coming off as strictly reading a script.

Editing was fine.

Quality video, could be improved.

8. Scatterbrain

Scatterbrain You only live once*

8/10

Though you do cover the match very well in terms of what's going down, you could use some more enthusiasm. The total atmosphere is drier than the sand in the Sahara. Add some humor in there too, laugh, sigh, show some emotion, show them that you're a human being that isn't just reading off of a script that was written at 5:13 in the morning while trying to multitask and finish your two-week overdue book report.

This is my first time rating a narration, btw, but I did take some public speaking classes though it isn't much "experience" if you could call it that.

Also where did you get the artwork of the party pokemon?

9. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    8/10

Did feel a bit unnatural and script read, however it was a good battle, nice voice (no homo) and detailed well, next time introduce teams and blank out pokemon as they are ko'd :]