1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

5th gen stall, peaked at #2 on PO

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Blue Harvest, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Whoo stall team. I'm Blue Harvest on Serebii / etc if that matters at all.

Importable:
    Zoroark (Swampert) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Scald
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

Faggot (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Noir (Dusclops) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Rest
    - Pain Split
    - Night Shade
    - Curse

Lithophage (Salamence) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Brick Break
    - Roost
    - Roar
    - Dragon Tail

SQUID! (Teantacruel) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    Calm Nature (-Atk, +SDef,)
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Sludge Bomb

IED (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Shed Shell
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed

5th gen stall! Capped at #2.

[​IMG] @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense

Earthquake
    Roar
    Stealth Rock
    Boiling Water

I used to have Hippowdon here, but Swampert has been much more team friendly. Hippowdon's Sandstorm went great lengths to killing the opponent but due to my own reliance on Leftovers or Evolution Stone it became extremely difficult to keep my pokes in good health. Swampert has the benefit of also laughing at Hihidaruma (Fire Gorilla) and just destroying Jirachi. I'm having trouble choosing between Boiling Water and Protect. Boiling Water is awesome in its own right and supplies some residual damage but Protect gives me some added healing and scouting. I'm going for Boiling Water now since its so cool (no pun intended) and because burning Ononokusu is funny. Boiling Water also hurts Hippowdon and lets me make use of Torrent I guess.

[​IMG] @ Evolution Stone
    Natural Cure
    Bold

Heal Bell
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic

Walled by Shanderaa? Well then all I have to do is not get trapped until Toxic Spikes are down. I know the EVs look basic and thoughtless but they do something amazing. They take physical hits better than 252/252 Impish Swampert while taking Special hits better than 4/252 Calm Blissey. All at the cost of being slightly weak to Substitute wielding Ghosts. Whatever. One great thing about Chansey is it is a hard counter to Kyuremu and Sazandora (barring Cheer Up sets). It easily beats Nasty Plot Taunt Borutorosu and can sponge a ridiculous amount of hits. I dropped Wish, because despite the mass healing I found myself screwed by status far too often. Particularly Politoed, Breloom and Ninetales. Yeah, Shanderaa is a constant threat, but Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks keep him in check. Its just a matter of not being too liberal with Chansey until Toxic Spikes are down. Sub Calm Mind Shanderaa isn't even all that common any more.

[​IMG] @ Black Sludge
    Rain Dish
    Calm
    252 HP / 136 Special Defense / 120 Defense

Boiling Water
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel gives me a way to instantly absorb Toxic Spikes while also holding a healing item and no fear of Shanderaa. These are the main reasons I'm using it over Forretress, but its also my favorite Pokemon. A decent check to Blaziken, Politoad, Abomasnow, Breloom, Shanderaa, Scizor, Ninetales, Burungeru, Heatran, Lucario, Cloyster, Zoroaaku (usually), Vaporeon, Infernape, some Urugamosu, Genosekuto, Manaphy (only if it lacks Rest), Ludicolo, and Forretress. Sludge Bomb gives a good STAB move to hit a lot of things hard and can rack up residual damage on some dangerous threats like Garchomp and Dragonite who try to switch in for "free" and end up poisoned.

[​IMG] @ Shed Shell
    Iron Barbs
    Sassy (0 Speed IVs)
    252 HP / 168 Special Defense / 88 Defense

Spikes
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip
    Leech Seed

Bulky Water counter as well as Spiker. Stops that poofy-headed Grass thing cold. Lays Spikes due to its amazing ability to wall tons of stuff. Leech Seed is his only form of healing, but its acceptable as long as I keep Nattorei away from Flamethrowers. I'm not sure what else to say, its a standard set. I am looking into an alternate EV spread though. I'm considering dropping Nattorei and Tentacruel for Forretress and filling the spare slot with a Rotom Wash. Rotom would check Rain, Gyarados, Drill Mole, Scizor (kinda) and possible use HP Fire to lure in Nattorei.

[​IMG] @ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    Impish

Brick Break
    Dragon Tail
    Roost
    Roar

More now than even defensive Salamence is deserving a stall team slot. Roost can keep him healthy even against Stealth Rocks, and with new threats like Jaroda, Drill Mole, Rock / Fighting bull and the half dozen or so new fighting types Salamence has ample times to switch in and kill stuff. Dragon Tail is really cool since its like Roar with 60 base power. It really screws with Yache berry dragons and racks up unbelievable amounts of residual damage. It kind of sucks when it misses though, and it can't get around Substitutes. But the extra damage it has is too good to pass up. I'm also running Roar. It sounds absolutely stupid, but double phasing moves works amazingly well. Against things that can't really hurt me or will obviously switch (Roopushin or Forretress) I Dragon Tail freely. Against things that actually can do damage or use Substitute like a +1 Jaroda or Poofy Headed Grass thing Roar is the better move. Roar also doesn't miss. Brick Break is mostly filler, but it has come in handy striking Snorlax, Drill Mole and Tyranitar. Salamence survives a +2 Drill Mole Rock Slide.

[​IMG] @ Evolution Stone
    Pressure
    Sassy (0 Speed IV)
    252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Defense

Night Shade
    Curse
    Rest
    Pain Split

So much Special Defense is so Dusclops can take on LO Starmie and Latias without risking a Trick on Chansey (who is much more valuable). Special Defense is also 3HKOed by Shanderaa Shadow Ball meaning if Shanderaa switches in on Stealth Rocks and Dusclops has enough HP remaining it can actually win one on one. Minimum speed allows me to be outrun by Machamp and any other Payback users.. and take less damage from Gyro Ball I guess. Curse is a good final solution to "last pokemon Curselax" style enemies. Dusclops is usually bulky enough to Rest after a Curse or even use Pain Split and really **** with the opponent. Rest is more of a last ditch effort then my primary healing since no Sleep Talk and Sleep's new waking mechanic means I need to find some random thing that will sit around while I try and wake up. Heal Bell is enough to keep Dusclops awake, so it works out just fine.

Problems:
    Rankurusu - Magic Guard Calm Mind is a 6-0.
    Terrakion - Not as big of a threat, but it can do some damage. Salamence paired with Dusclops can take it out.
    Ononokusu - With Toxic Spikes down its no problem, but it hits really, REALLY hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
  2. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

You have to include an importable.

Anyway, I would 0 Speed IV Nattorei for Gyro Ball's sake.
    Sturdy might well be better for Forry as it is now a portable sash, and with it being immune to the very common sandstorm anyway.
    Chancey might do well to use Aromatherapy instead of wish as everything has some form of recovery bar Swampert and Forry and if Swampert is Toxiced it is useless and you can awaken resting team mates, also burn on Forry or Nattorei could be annoying along with Toxic spikes destroying Chancey if it hasn't got it.

3. eric the espeon

eric the espeon is an espeon.

As stated in the rules and announcement, you must include an importable version of your team. PM me the importable and I will unlock it.

Edit: thank you for sending the importable, I have added it and unlocked.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  4. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Done!

Oops, I forgot to write that. Nattorei has 0 speed IV!

Thats a fair point. Not that I ever want to sacrifice Forry that way, but it could be my last hope against a 10% Jaroda or something. I'll change it. This also lets me run Pain Split over Volt Change (which sucks). Maybe Revenge instead? It could put those stupid moles and that Rock / Fighting legend in their place.

Well.. this I disagree with.. Chansey's Wish heals nearly 100% for any of my Pokemon. Heal Bell is a Gold / Silver tutor move so I can possibly drop Softboiled. Still I don't really have troubles with status. Chansey can heal itself and I have two Rest / Talkers. Nattoreii and Forretress are Toxic immune so only Swampert really hates poison.

I'm considering dropping Forretress for Tentacruel since it can "auto spin" Toxic Spikes and run Boiling Water / Ice Beam / Toxic Spikes / Rapid Spin. I don't really have a good Blaziken counter right now and that would help to take him down. Tenta also easily sets up on Ghost Jellyfish who seems to be on every damn team. If I do that I might drop Swampert for Evolution Stone Piloswine as it gets better overall defenses, STAB Ice Shard and can survive a +2 LO Garchomp Outrage. It can't use Leftovers though at that gives me a slight weakness to Tyranitar.

5. Stunt

Stunt Member

Err, I am probably 100 % positive this isnt even anywhere to close to rank 2 right now.

First of all, your team is entirely prone to trick choice items.
    Rain teams/ sand teams would obliterate this team with 1 setup.
    Knock off would ruin the likes of dusclops and chansey (and injure others)

With the likes of swords dance garchomp and calm mind ranku, your team could easily be 6-0'd in a snap.

How it could improve?
    Gliscor could be used for sandstorm, taunting those who set up, taking knock offs, and if you truly need it , stealth rock.
    This could replace Swampert, who can no longer match the OU metagame.

Full out offense teams can slowly wear down chansey throughout the game, as your team seems to depend heavily upon it.
    You mentioned nasty plot borutorosu walled by chansey? ha, you wish (which you dont even have in your set!). Nasty plot focus blast against your non- sp defensive chansey would do 50-60 % damage with LO. Once chanseys gone, Dusclops no longer has reliable recovery

Also, tentacruel cannot go out to spin once a pokemon is out who holds EQ and is sweeping, since it cannot outspeed.
    Your team would also get damaged by hazard teams with spin blockers, since you have no reliable way to kill them.

Birijion for rain would be nice...

Nice try at a stall team though :)

6. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

you necroed that thread! It was posted on october 19th which was less than a week after the release of 5th gen, so it's quite normal Stunt...

7. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Of course not, I used this months ago. I've changed the team since then obviously, as I created it just days after the release of B/W.

Tentacruel takes Trick pretty well.

lol, Salamence is 3HKO by a Swords Dancer Doryuuzu Rock Slide. Back then I didn't even know what Landlos was.

Who uses Knock Off. Seriously.

Garchomp isn't getting past Salamence / Nattorei / Swampert. CM Ranku does 6-0 me, I already stated that. In my current team I run Scarf Jirachi to stop last poke raku from killing me.

I run Specially Defensive Hippowdon now alongside Physical Skarmory and Chansey. Sand / Rain teams are no longer a threat, though you're right back then I did get beat by Rain pretty badly.

K.

Again, this team was made before the metagame developed. Back when people thought Sub CM Shandera would be broken (I TOLD you all it would suck!) and when the Ice/Dragon was looked at as intant Uber, lmao.

I dropped Wish because of Breloom and other sleep moves being a huge issue. At the time I didn't run Rest/Talk Gyarados so I had a lot of trouble keeping up with Breloom. I originally ran Wish / Softboiled / Toxic / Seismic Toss so the only viable move to drop was Wish. It wasn't the best move and eventually I restructured my team to comphensate for Breloom / sleep in general as well as run Wish.

.. What?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Do you mean Nattorei / Burungeru? Yes I did have trouble with them. But if I could get Toxic Spikes down early enough Burungeru would suffer for taking on Tentacruel (who takes 23% tops from Shadow Ball) and I could use Rapid Spin freely at some point. I did have trouble taking down Nattorei though. Later on I ran defensive Heatran to stop Natt and Smuglord.

Hes not very good. I ran him for a while but it didn't cover much that Skarm / Hippo / Chansey doesn't.

Oh well. Please no one else post here, this team is old and I don't care about it any more.

8. XEELT

XEELT New Member

Emily, nice 5th gen stall team! once again extrodinarely similar to mine... i just had gyarados instead of mence and then Rotom-W for tenta... always having the best stall teams though. im still kind of wondering why you picked mence>gyara and then levitate water+electric rotom-W is kinda 2 guud I think ill try your set some time though see the differences between the pokes...

9. Darkness

Darkness DN

Impressive! I might try out this team! :P

10. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

I appreciate the comments lol, but this team is.. uhh.. six months old and extremely outdated.

But it keeps getting bumped! Thanks for all the positive feed back, but really this team is awful. I made it before the metagame existed or even before usage stats. Its not good.

Oh, I ran mence because of Roost and because Jaroda was just raping me.

I think the most recent stall I ran was hippo / chansey / forretress / burungeru / salamence / scizor but that also was like, 4 months ago and is probably outdated now.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  11. XEELT

XEELT New Member

maybe ill test that out for recent.... i used your version of the team... it got beat pretty bad by weather teams, however, it didnt too too bad, i went about even though(my normal records are always double my loses since most people are pretty bad....) but other wise i did pretty good only dis-advantage was the server didnt have the see opponents before, but i also wonder on your scizor, but i might need your help, im failing to make a good non weather team... yet whenever i help someone else out with their team its always successful... expecially when i use them.. im trying to make my own teams failing so far.. :( just need a stall one, now im wondering on your scizor there, roost once again with some strong attacks and actually base 100 def?

Moderators: Edna, fsk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.