1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Voting) Community Battle #50: SOMALIA vs MutanYY (Gen 4 OU)

Discussion in 'Voting Section' started by smbcha (Derwin), Aug 29, 2012.

?

Rate this video! (5 is average, 10 is perfect)

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

12.5%
  5. 6

62.5%
  6. 5

12.5%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

12.5%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning
    [video=youtube;TWw1nhgsM2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWw1nhgsM2k[/video]

Narrated by CasedVictory!

We need people (Video analysts) to write a short review for this video and rate it on
    a scale of 1 to 10. 1 is horrifically unbearable, 5 is average, and 10 is perfect.​

2. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

It was rather hard to listen to the commentary honestly. The commentator was rather unclear and tended to speak too fast. Sometimes, the commentator didn't actually know what was going with a few of the double switches. The editing was a little off-putting with the back sprites.

Overall, I'd give this a 6.

3. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

4. Harlot

Harlot i look like the pope

narrator really didn't know what he was talking about at all

calling u-turn volt switch, calling offensive cune crocune, unprofessional manner of speaking [dat heatran, dat big threat], calling switching to heatran on zapdos an overprediction, i could go on but i think you get the deal. he didn't explain the moves or why they happened, he just said what was going on on the screen.

the editing is ok, the backsprites are really annoying and i really don't like them

one of the poorer videos on the channel, 3/10

5. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

i really dig the animation/editing actually, the cartoonishness quite fits and looks cool. definitely a neat change for the channel there. my views on the commentary are the same as Harlot's.

6. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    I gave it a 6/10. Most of the narration is quite good and clear, maybe it's a little bit too fast. I agree with Harlot, some things like Volt-Switch and Crocune didn't make sense. The animations and battle replay is excellent and it's clear what's going on. Also a nice battle.

7. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

I don't like them because as they are switching in and out the pokemon tends to be cut-off and its a tad jerky.

smbcha edit: Was forced to remove the other message about the copypasta. I honestly do not wish to be quoted in posts. I have been thinking about removing it overall though...

Please do.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  8. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    I would have to concur with this; whenever the pokemon switched or attacked, there was a small but noticeable frame movement at the end of it. Other than that small flaw, the editing was great as usual and I prefer the 4th gen sprites for the battle.

Regarding the narration, I would like to apologize because I forgot to evaluate this (and I think maybe 1 or 2 other narrations) so I could have told Cased to attempt it again before Derwin started editing this; he has another narration for a different battle that's much better (In my opinion anyways...)

For this, I think what made it a lower quality was that he was sometimes forgetting it was a 4th gen match rather than a 5th gen (volt turn, etc.) He had a clear voice and was entertaining, but he sometimes talked too fast where he got tongue-tied. As Harlot said, most of the time he just said what was going on, and he had some pokemon sets mixed up (offensive crocune, etc.)

Cased is a good narrator, but unfortunately this is not one of his better narrations. 6/10

9. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Everything I have to say has been said already. Cased I feel was a bit sloppy in this narration. He said it was his 21st take, so I think he could have postponed it until later until he was ready. I like the 4th gen feel, though I think a bit more experimentation is needed to make it perfect. 6/10