Terms of Service and Rules
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
- Although not strictly a rule, we strongly advise the use of common sense. Use sound logic every time you post. Know the consequences before you post something. When you are given a warning, take it into consideration. You are expected to know the rules when posting.
- In order to accommodate users that have slower Internet connections, all avatars and signatures must be reasonable in height, width, and file size. Avatars are scaled down automatically, but cannot exceed 250kB. Signatures cannot exceed 300kB, and must not surpass 200px in height and 600px in width.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the rules via loopholes or other such trickery. Our rules were not prepared by a legal team so we may have missed something. Any activity that is actively damaging to the community may result in removal at the discretion of the administration.
1. Do not post in a language other than English.
- English is the primary language of the forums. If you are not able to speak English, we will do our best to try and communicate with you. There is one exception: In the Help forum, we have translations of our guides in specific languages, and you may post in the language of the guide in order to ask for help related to that guide.
2. Do not insult or assail other members in any way.
- Treat other users with respect at all times. Posting a distasteful or offensive message directed at another member is disrespectful. If you are being harassed or insulted by another user, please alert the moderators.
- Inappropriate language is permitted to a certain degree. We allow the use of inappriopriate language on the condition that it does not insult or harass another member. However, racial slurs are not acceptable at any time.
- Debates are fine as long as you keep things civil. However, carrying on about a particular subject after it has been deemed resolved can be irritating and displeasing to others.
- Do not share the personal information of other users without their consent. We also advise you to not share your own personal information for security reasons, though this is not enforced.
3. Do not post anything linking to inappropriate or illegal material.
- You may not, at any time, post links to:
- Discriminatory or offensive content of any kind.
- Pornographic or sexually suggestive content of any kind.
- Advertisments of any kind, including referral links.
- Viruses, spyware, or malware.
- Shock sites.
4. Do not spam or flood the forums.
- Spamming, the act of repeatedly posting pointless messages for the sole purpose of gaining post count, is not tolerated here. When you post, make sure that your post is:
- Pertinent to the topic at hand or to the forum it is posted in.
- Meaningful and contributes to the discussion.
- Necessary and on-topic.
- Not for the sole purpose of earning post count.
- If there is already an existing thread relevant to the subject you wish to discuss, do not create another thread about it unless the original thread has not been posted in for several months.
5. Do not advertise on the forums.
- The only place we allow users to advertise is within their signatures. You are not to post links to promote another site or product in any other parts of the forum, including in a private message, conversation or visitor message.
6. Do not create multiple accounts. You are solely responsible for your account.
- Only one account is allowed per user. If you wish to change your username, you may send a message to an administrator. However, administrators are not obligated to fulfil these requests.
- We will never ask you for your password. Under no circumstances should you share your password with anyone. If someone else gains access to your account and breaks the rules with it, your account will be punished.
7. Do not minimod on the forums. Use the Alert Mods feature.
- If you see someone breaking the rules, do not post to tell them they are. Use the Alert Mods feature, and a report will be sent to the moderators of that forum. The moderators will then deal with the post accordingly.